summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

on April 18, 2015
This is a life changing book that should be read in high school so young adolescences can get educated about the importance of what we put in our mouths everyday. I lost 47 lbs in 5 months (oct 2014-feb 2015) and was never undernourished....ever. I didnt have to work out like an Olympian but did walk 2-40 minute walks and feel so much better. You don't need meat or dairy to survive. I find I can eat more and still lose weight.
on January 6, 2015
As a scientist, it would be remiss of me to read a book so thoroughly researched and ignore its conclusions.

Despite any counter-arguments that have been made against individual components of the book, as a corpus it is the best summation of dietary knowledge I have ever seen and that humans have to date.

And as a life-long steak and potatoes guy it was a difficult message to receive at first; but my body, wife and family have all benefited from listening to the science in here. I've given a copy to everyone I know, and the book keeps on giving.

Some of the more heavy-handed parts can be excused given the difficulty Campbell probably experiences(d) in fighting the status quo; it tends to embitter people being in that situation, but I'm glad he did.
on September 23, 2015
Very informative about a multitude of health issues and diseases and the relation to the foods you eat. Incredible research that has been done over many, many years. Would recommend to anyone, it's never too late to begin your journey to a healthy abundant life!
on May 17, 2013
I purchased this book after having seen it briefly mentioned in a PBS documentary. I have changed my dietary habits because of it and I have also purchased 3 more copies and given them to friends and family for them to decide on their own. I really can't describe the contents here in this review as there is so much information that leads to one conclusion. All I can say is buy it, read it, and examine all the evidence and scientific studies for yourself. Since buying this book (May 2013) I have lost over 65lbs - no exercise or dieting! I just changed my diet intake. Bye bye dairy!! Bye bye meat!! (okay, I still eat 10% of my diet meat).
on September 6, 2015
After you have read this book, you will never shop for food the same way you did before. Life changing, educational, informative, eye opener and sincere. Dr. Colin Campbell have done a great work with his studies on animal protein, and in this book he delivers, with integrity, what the meat, dairy and super markets don't want you to find out. Read it!
on January 13, 2013
This should be required reading for every school. It could be used in any nutrition or health studies class. Given the high rate of childhood obesity and the cancer rates in our country, this book could save many lives with simple basic information.
on June 28, 2013
This book is life changing. Had no idea how bad milk/dairy and meat products were for our bodies. Also covered how much power the dairy and beef farmers had in controlling FDA and the government. What a big fat western society we have become. Terrible for the animals and humans.
on September 27, 2015
What we eat is a very contentious and personal topic for most, especially if it is suggested that we should not be eating something that we have taken for granted is healthy (meat, dairy, etc). The authors do an excellent job of explaining what the research in China demonstrated, and why it should be so important to us. Another book where I've bought multiple copies to lend out to patients.
on November 8, 2015
One of my two favorite books about eating right. This book shatters many of the preconceptions I've had about food - things that maybe I've intuitively known but not believed.

All of us are affected by this gigantic marketing machine that drives the food industry. Many of the things I've thought of as fact have originated with this marketing.

It's time for change - for the better. Or all of us will become obese.

Colin Campbell does have a bias, but it's a bias based upon scientific observation; pretty hard to dispute.

If I could give this book six stars I would.
on February 29, 2016
Great book with a lot of insight. But T. Colin Campbell tends to write with an academic audience in mind, which can make this book a bit dry and hard to read and comprehend.

I recommend "The starch solution" by John McDougall instead. It touches on the same studies and scientific findings, but McDougall is a lot easier to read and understand.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse