5.0 out of 5 stars Use This Book!, Nov. 11 2000
Ronald Geyer, AIA (Greenville, SC USA) - See all my reviews
Since first encountering Egan's text a little more than 20 years ago, I've continued to return to it for solid information. Complex material is presented in a way that allows me to apply it to unique conditions at hand. Some of the world-class acoustics consultants with which we've had the privilege to work rely on Egan to help communicate complex ideas. Without compromising too much real technical nuance, the ideas are so clearly communicated that I was able to offer the book to members of a church in eastern Europe working to improve the condition of their worship space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for architects, Sept. 1 2000
I am an acoustical consultant... I have read a lot of books onarchitectural acoustics. I found this book unique of its kind. The concepts are introduced by plenty of figures and illustrations with informative text that make the discussed subject easy to read and comprehend especially by the architects. Writing on the figures and using checklists added a lot of understandibility. Also the text itself is informative and directly address the subject. In other words, the book is excellent and comprehensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have, May 12 2000
I'm a architecture student and I think this book is like a bible of acoustics in architecture. It brings detailed info for designing places with good acoustic performance whit various technics and for the most different type of places like a simple residential to auditoriums and concert rooms. I have other acoustics books (like William Cavanaugh's) and they always make mention to David Egan's book. If you're in search on books about architectural acoustics, I think that must be the first one to buy. It's a must have in any architect biblioteque.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent source for beginner and professional, May 3 2000
Christopher N. Brooks (Lancaster, PA USA) - See all my reviews
A really excellent introduction and overview of architecturalacoustics from the point of view of an architect. Little in the way ofmathematics, excellent illustrations, very useful tables, a convenientlist of often used formulae in the back. The best book I know of for an introductory textbook. I use this book often. Topics covered include:
Basic Theory Sound Absorption Room Acoustics Sound Isolation Mechanical System Noise and Vibration Electronic Sound Systems
Christopher Brooks Orpheus Acoustics END

5.0 out of 5 stars The book and the author, April 13 2000
David Egan is one of the foremost authorities in the field of architectural acoustics. I work daily with architects in the design of music spaces in the educational environment and find that there is usually a copy of his book in the office library. It is clear, concise, and an excellent resource for design professionals and others interested in workable acoustical applications. I know the author personally, and he is not only pragmatic in the solution of problems but a genuine straight-shooter. I recommend his work and book very highly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book even for dummies, Dec 27 1999
As an Architects and Sound Engineer, this books really helps my jobs. It has a plenty knowledege from basic audio 'till many-many ways to improve the acoustics from a room with a simple nice way. A great book for amateur's and pro's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Please see question 3, June 23 1999
This is a second attempt - I am after a 2nd hand copy of 'Architectural Acoustics' by M. David Egan & costs. If this is available from you, please advise by forwarding return message to - rtatech@ozemail.com.au Much appreciated.
Regards Joe Hoang

Architectural Acoustics
Architectural Acoustics by M. David Egan (Paperback - Feb. 1 2007)
CDN$ 69.70 CDN$ 67.61