1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book of Steve Jobs quotations, April 26 2012
L. Power "nlp trainer" (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)
This review is from: I, Steve: Steve Jobs In His Own Words (Paperback)
Recently, I got the Isaacson book Steve Jobs giving it a four star review. If it had more quotes by Jobs I definitely would have given it five stars.

I, Steve being entirely dedicated to Jobs quotes makes a perfect companion piece for that book and I recommend both. I decided on Kindle because I like to highlight great quotes, and because of its compelling price.

It's about 160 pages as a book which equates to about 300 pages on Kindle with one 1 to 3 long quotes per page. In addition to one or two liners they can run to 8 to 10 lines, with extended quotes from diverse sources such as Time Magazine, Apple promotions, Fast Company, Stanford speech, Playboy, Triumph of the Nerds, the Smithsonian, and many others, which if you're like me you probably have not read before, and won't find on a typical quote search.

Here are some examples:

Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles. Bloomberg Businessweek, February 6, 2006.

On the location of Apple stores in high end malls: The real estate was a lot more expensive (but people) didn't gamble with 20 minutes of their time. They only had to gamble with 20 footsteps of their time. CNN Money/Fortune, March 8, 2007.

Slogan First Generation iPod: One thousand songs in your pocket. Apple ad, 2001.

Success: Pixar's seen by a lot of folks as an overnight success, but if you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the sound of other peoples opinions drown out your inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. Commencement address Stanford.

Wisdom. I would trade all my technology for an afternoon with Socrates.

Now is the time. If you're like me and many others you'll discover many quotes already highlighted by many others as you Kindle your curiosity. Some of the quotes highlighted by me were not highlighted by others, and some of the quotes highlighted by others were not highlighted by me, and I think you will discover your own favorites.

I think you will find it fascinating, and I hope this was helpful.

I, Steve: Steve Jobs In His Own Words
I, Steve: Steve Jobs In His Own Words by George Beahm (Paperback - Oct. 19 2011)
CDN$ 13.50 CDN$ 12.15