march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 14, 2016
This is a wonderful book on taking a positive, brave look at aging and what your life can be if you put some energy into it, instead of just letting every day go by. I love her approach to everything- reading another one of her books now.
on July 24, 2013
A friend recommended this book to me as I have now reached "my youth of old age (64)". It is more philiposhical than practical, but definitely offers some insights and understandings of the aging process. What it does, is give more hope for the future to an aging population. There is life after 60!!! The author does include lots of aging stats, and offsets the current "burdens" of getting older with the "blessings" of maturing, inspirational suggestions, ideas of future possibilities. Although the book does look at individual spirituality, it does not focus entirely on our Christian God, but does impress the importance of believing in a greater power, whomever or whatever that might be.
on January 20, 2013
A great message to hear in your retirement or before, Joan Chittister beautifully reflects on the "Harvest Years" giving them value. Inspiring, encouraging and thoughtful.
This book reflects the quality I have come to expect from any of Joan Chittister's work. Thoughtful, gentle, sensible, easy to understand, deeply spiritual.
on November 17, 2014
This is the best book I have ever read about seniors. Ms Chittister's understanding of the "Later Years" is truly enlightening, a Gift indeed!. I recommend this book without reservation.
on October 19, 2013
As we are an aging society, this is a must read for all dealing with complexities of our senior citizens.
on June 22, 2015
A profound lesson on how to be thankful for and how to embrace our advancing years.
on March 25, 2016
Joan Chittister is a writer with depth; my favourite reading companion!
on September 9, 2011
The book was referred to me by one of our membes of our Sunday School class. He proposed it for our next sudy. I have read the book and have ordered the books for our class. It sounds like it is exactly what we need to study next in our class.
on September 3, 2015
a wonderful positive message, very well written