Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage pinata Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

I highly recommend reading this book, even if you're not considering natural or organic beekeeping. The book covers today's issues and problems with pests that are increasingly becoming resistant to treatments and gives many recommendations on how to be successful with bees while adopting a natural approach to beekeeping.

Yes, read other 'how to' traditional beekeeping books to gain understanding, but read this book to learn about the most modern techniques and methods being applied.

Chapter headings are are Why Organic Beekeeping, Working with the Hive, Hive Management, Genetics & Breeding, Parasitic Mites, Insect Pests, Four-Legged & Feathered Pests, Environmental & Human Threats, Hive Diseases, The Honey Harvest, Organics & the Evolution of Beekeeping.

At a local bee meeting a couple days ago, beekeepers were told NOT to use a certain mite treatment every year, even though it works, because it was causing mites to become resistant. It appears that natural beekeeping is a valid method to keeping bees and is worth looking into.
on April 7, 2011
I have been reading every beekeeping book I could get my hands on for the last year, and something about each of them just did not sit well with me. This book was right up my alley with explaining why it is so important to be organic and holistic in beekeeping and how you can do it. Ross has a great respect for honeybees and his love for beekeeping shines through every page. He is a natural and this book has been a huge help in getting me started in my new hobby. I know I will refer back to it often in the next few years and I am sure it is the last book on beekeeping I will buy.
on April 30, 2015
This book was ok, but not my favorite. It is helpful with its suggestions though.