5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous recipes
As with all America's Test Kitchen cookbooks, the recipes are involved, but well worth the effort. Absolutely a go-to book for weekend slow-cooker recipes! I strongly recommend this one.
Published on May 15 2011 by Laura

2.0 out of 5 stars not that revolutionary
I don't think I would cook at least 80% of the dishes in this book. I would certainly not make lasagna in it. I found better recipes online for the pot roast I wanted to make too. I wasn't expecting the book to have everything, just more of the kind of dishes that you would normally make in a slow cooker.
Published on March 27 2012 by thumpsmom

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous recipes, May 15 2011
Laura (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: America's Test Kitchen Slowcooker Revolution: One Test Kitchen. 30 Slow Cookers. 200 Amazing Recipes. (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this cookbook, Sept. 18 2012
K. Parker (Canada) - See all my reviews
This cookbook goes well beyond the usual slow cooker fare and creates dishes that are outside the usual fare of this appliance. The one reviewer that rated it lower likely felt that it did not live up to the typical recipes that you find and that is understandable. With a whole chapter of soups that take inspiration from different world flavours to an entire chapter of pasta sauces. This book will really help you step out of the box. My only warning is that some of the recipes do require more prep than other typical dishes, varying from pre-warming/cooking in the microwave to some pre-browining in the skillet. The thing I love most about this book is that it addresses any extra steps and explains why they are necessary to the final results. I would recomend this book to anyone with a slow cooker covered in dust or a veteran cooker looking for new inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, Jan. 31 2012
This is the best slow cooker book I have ever owned, and I own quite a few! I love their explanations of how they arrived at the recipe and particularly the reasons why NOT to do some variations. Every recipe I have tried has been a hit, even the rice pudding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Beat it!, Jan. 24 2012
M. Anne Leeson "proud granny" (Hamilton, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
I agree with all other reviews, the recipes in this book are excellent, to say the least. I found too, that if I didn't have time to use the slow cooker, I used a large saucepan & the recipes were still very perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Slow Cooker Book I've Seen, Nov. 28 2011
Cooks Illustrated has consistently written the best cook books I've ever used and this is right up there with the others. The recipes are delicious and easy to follow. Really worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tested!, Jan. 1 2012
Well tested recipes, lots of tips and tricks, also liked the explanation of "why it works" for each recipe. Extra preparation is well worth the effort - the end product is flavourful, not mushy, delicious

5.0 out of 5 stars Best "Slow Cooker" recipe book I have used, Nov. 26 2013
This book has well tested recipes. Those recipes that I have tried came out better than I expected. especially with a beef stew where the veggies were placed in a separated foil packet. The instruction are well illustrated.
I have recommended this book to several people.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cookbook, Aug. 23 2013
Melissa - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I'm satisfied with this cookbook. A good number of recipes call for everyday ingredients and are practical to make in everyday cooking. A lot of good tips as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow Cooker Revolutioln, April 8 2013
The book is visually great, and has many helpful tips and instructions, particularly the paragraph with every recipe that explains what the testers did and why they did i, and why some things don't work.

Unfortunately, like most slow cooker books, the quantities are for larger numbers of people. I emailed the Test Kitchen and was told that I should feel free to experiment, but that they could not guarantee the results. This is great for a test kitchen, but not so much for dinner every night!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cookbook!, April 9 2014
This is a very usable and simple cookbook with lots of tasty recipes, so far I've made about 6 from this book. All have been great.

ARRAY(0xae15b594)