5.0 out of 5 stars Best allpurpose cookbook I own!
I have been a fan of Cook's Illustrated for many years, recipes are delicious and reliable. This book is fantastic, I have made over a dozen recipes and all have been winners. I love this book so much I have given copies to my sisters and two best friends. A definite buy.
Published on Nov. 25 2011 by Daniela Zomparelli

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the previous one
The book arrived right on time. However, it is not nearly as organized and harder to read than the previous edition I have.
Published on Dec 10 2011 by wilbey

5.0 out of 5 stars Best allpurpose cookbook I own!, Nov. 25 2011
Daniela Zomparelli (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, Aug. 10 2012
This review is from: Cook's Illustrated Cookbook (Hardcover)
I have been a reader of the Cook's Illustrated, Cook's Country and ATK publications for several years. Many of my old favorites (and some new ones) are in this book! I own a lot of cookbooks and enjoy reading culinary publications. I think everyone needs a good all-around cookbook and this is a really good one. In fact, this has become one of my 'go to' books and one of only a couple that I reference when looking for ideas.
The reason I like this book is that the recipes are well thought out (academic approach) and for the most part use fairly common ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Dec 10 2013
This review is from: Cook's Illustrated Cookbook (Hardcover)
I bought this for my parents last Christmas who spend a lot of time in the kitchen. They love this book. They love the fact that it doesn't just tell you to do something a certain way but explains WHY you should do it that way. That and the illustrated diagrams are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comprehensive, Feb. 6 2014
This review is from: Cook's Illustrated Cookbook (Hardcover)
It has a very comprehensively detailed Table of Contents as well as Cooking Tips throughout the book. I would highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the previous one, Dec 10 2011
This review is from: Cook's Illustrated Cookbook (Hardcover)
Today I got an email Notes from the Test Kitchen from America's Test Kitchen and it had a link for holiday cookies to Cook's Country website. The link worked, but the first recipe link I tried was for subscribers only. Went to my new Cook's Country cookbook -- and the recipe wasn't there. They don't even have a Christmas cookie (or Holiday cookie) section, BUT the previous edition does have a Christmas cookie section and appears to have all the recipes the new one has.
Getting the new one was a total waste of money for me, but for someone who doesn't have a Cook's Country cookbook it would be a god value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cook's Illustrated Cookbook, June 23 2013
This review is from: Cook's Illustrated Cookbook (Hardcover)
I have not been able to test a recipe in this book as was working on the The Good Housekeeping book but I have had Cook's Illustrated Magazines and very happy with them and I am sure the recipes in the book will be just as tasty.
I like the way each recipe is tested many times to get it perfect.
Thelma

ARRAY(0xb5802f0c)

Cook's Illustrated Cookbook
Cook's Illustrated Cookbook by America's Test Kitchen (Hardcover - Oct. 17 2011)
CDN$ 43.95 CDN$ 27.55