5.0 out of 5 stars Best allpurpose cookbook I own!
I have been a fan of Cook's Illustrated for many years, recipes are delicious and reliable. This book is fantastic, I have made over a dozen recipes and all have been winners. I love this book so much I have given copies to my sisters and two best friends. A definite buy.
Published on Nov. 25 2011 by Daniela Zomparelli

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the previous one
The book arrived right on time. However, it is not nearly as organized and harder to read than the previous edition I have.
Today I got an email Notes from the Test Kitchen from America's Test Kitchen and it had a link for holiday cookies to Cook's Country website. The link worked, but the first recipe link I tried was for subscribers only. Went to my new Cook's...
Published on Dec 10 2011 by wilbey

5.0 out of 5 stars Best allpurpose cookbook I own!, Nov. 25 2011
Daniela Zomparelli (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, Aug. 10 2012
This review is from: Cook's Illustrated Cookbook (Hardcover)
I have been a reader of the Cook's Illustrated, Cook's Country and ATK publications for several years. Many of my old favorites (and some new ones) are in this book! I own a lot of cookbooks and enjoy reading culinary publications. I think everyone needs a good all-around cookbook and this is a really good one. In fact, this has become one of my 'go to' books and one of only a couple that I reference when looking for ideas.
The reason I like this book is that the recipes are well thought out (academic approach) and for the most part use fairly common ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Dec 10 2013
This review is from: Cook's Illustrated Cookbook (Hardcover)
I bought this for my parents last Christmas who spend a lot of time in the kitchen. They love this book. They love the fact that it doesn't just tell you to do something a certain way but explains WHY you should do it that way. That and the illustrated diagrams are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should have this cookbook., Aug. 1 2014
This review is from: Cook's Illustrated Cookbook (Hardcover)
I use the recipes as printed the first time and I find that, unlike some other cook books I have purchased, I can trust the recipes. The second time I make the recipe I may make some slight changes to work with flavor favorites or other food challenges. I recommend this book not only for new cooks but also for those of us who have been cooking for many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it! the best book I ever bought, June 27 2014
This review is from: Cook's Illustrated Cookbook (Hardcover)
love it! the best book I ever bought! I've tried 4 recipes yet and they've all come out well!! 2 thumbs up America's Test Kitchen!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable!, June 12 2014
This review is from: Cook's Illustrated Cookbook (Hardcover)
Since buying this cookbook, I have tried a new recipe from it almost daily. They are unfailingly excellent. I am a very experienced cook, but have already ditched many of my standby recipes with recipes from this cookbook. Simple techniques, great results. There is less description of the recipe development process that in the magazines, but the reasons for success are well-explained.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comprehensive, Feb. 6 2014
This review is from: Cook's Illustrated Cookbook (Hardcover)
It has a very comprehensively detailed Table of Contents as well as Cooking Tips throughout the book. I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for every home, whether you are ..., Aug. 25 2014
This review is from: Cook's Illustrated Cookbook (Hardcover)
A must have for every home, whether you are an occasional cook or a dedicated daily chef. I received mine as a gift and have since given 6 as gifts.

4.0 out of 5 stars would be nice to see what the end result should look like ..., Oct. 14 2014
This review is from: Cook's Illustrated Cookbook (Hardcover)
I only complaint is that the pictures are in black and white only, would be nice to see what the end result should look like in colour.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only cook book you really need,, Nov. 7 2014
This review is from: Cook's Illustrated Cookbook (Hardcover)
The only cook book you really need , has every recipe you can imagine and uses ingredients you can find anywhere

Cook's Illustrated Cookbook
Cook's Illustrated Cookbook by America's Test Kitchen (Hardcover - Oct. 17 2011)
CDN$ 44.99 CDN$ 28.21