biss boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: HardcoverChange

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on November 25, 2011
I have been a fan of Cook's Illustrated for many years, recipes are delicious and reliable. This book is fantastic, I have made over a dozen recipes and all have been winners. I love this book so much I have given copies to my sisters and two best friends. A definite buy.
on August 10, 2012
I have been a reader of the Cook's Illustrated, Cook's Country and ATK publications for several years. Many of my old favorites (and some new ones) are in this book! I own a lot of cookbooks and enjoy reading culinary publications. I think everyone needs a good all-around cookbook and this is a really good one. In fact, this has become one of my 'go to' books and one of only a couple that I reference when looking for ideas.
The reason I like this book is that the recipes are well thought out (academic approach) and for the most part use fairly common ingredients.
on December 10, 2013
I bought this for my parents last Christmas who spend a lot of time in the kitchen. They love this book. They love the fact that it doesn't just tell you to do something a certain way but explains WHY you should do it that way. That and the illustrated diagrams are great.
on January 11, 2015
ATK cookbooks should be in every home cooks kitchen. They test and retest recipes and they are designed for the home cook.
The writing is very clear and easy to understand. The results of these recipes are always consistent.

If you get one cookbook you should get one from Americas Test Kitchen, and with all of the titles they have you can easily find one that matches your interest
on June 12, 2014
Since buying this cookbook, I have tried a new recipe from it almost daily. They are unfailingly excellent. I am a very experienced cook, but have already ditched many of my standby recipes with recipes from this cookbook. Simple techniques, great results. There is less description of the recipe development process that in the magazines, but the reasons for success are well-explained.
on August 1, 2014
I use the recipes as printed the first time and I find that, unlike some other cook books I have purchased, I can trust the recipes. The second time I make the recipe I may make some slight changes to work with flavor favorites or other food challenges. I recommend this book not only for new cooks but also for those of us who have been cooking for many years.
on August 25, 2014
A must have for every home, whether you are an occasional cook or a dedicated daily chef. I received mine as a gift and have since given 6 as gifts.
on June 27, 2014
love it! the best book I ever bought! I've tried 4 recipes yet and they've all come out well!! 2 thumbs up America's Test Kitchen!!!
on February 6, 2014
It has a very comprehensively detailed Table of Contents as well as Cooking Tips throughout the book. I would highly recommend it.
on November 7, 2014
The only cook book you really need , has every recipe you can imagine and uses ingredients you can find anywhere