summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Home All-New Kindle sports Tools Family

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on January 11, 2015
ATK cookbooks should be in every home cooks kitchen. They test and retest recipes and they are designed for the home cook.
The writing is very clear and easy to understand. The results of these recipes are always consistent.

If you get one cookbook you should get one from Americas Test Kitchen, and with all of the titles they have you can easily find one that matches your interest
on December 10, 2013
I bought this for my parents last Christmas who spend a lot of time in the kitchen. They love this book. They love the fact that it doesn't just tell you to do something a certain way but explains WHY you should do it that way. That and the illustrated diagrams are great.
on November 25, 2011
I have been a fan of Cook's Illustrated for many years, recipes are delicious and reliable. This book is fantastic, I have made over a dozen recipes and all have been winners. I love this book so much I have given copies to my sisters and two best friends. A definite buy.
on August 10, 2012
I have been a reader of the Cook's Illustrated, Cook's Country and ATK publications for several years. Many of my old favorites (and some new ones) are in this book! I own a lot of cookbooks and enjoy reading culinary publications. I think everyone needs a good all-around cookbook and this is a really good one. In fact, this has become one of my 'go to' books and one of only a couple that I reference when looking for ideas.
The reason I like this book is that the recipes are well thought out (academic approach) and for the most part use fairly common ingredients.
on August 1, 2014
I use the recipes as printed the first time and I find that, unlike some other cook books I have purchased, I can trust the recipes. The second time I make the recipe I may make some slight changes to work with flavor favorites or other food challenges. I recommend this book not only for new cooks but also for those of us who have been cooking for many years.
on June 12, 2014
Since buying this cookbook, I have tried a new recipe from it almost daily. They are unfailingly excellent. I am a very experienced cook, but have already ditched many of my standby recipes with recipes from this cookbook. Simple techniques, great results. There is less description of the recipe development process that in the magazines, but the reasons for success are well-explained.
on December 26, 2013
This was a gift for someone very dear to me - she loves the magazine and is ecstatic in receiving the cookbook collection! I expect her husband will be equally delighted - and her friends eager to know more!! Should be the cookbook for every new bride in 2014!
on August 25, 2014
A must have for every home, whether you are an occasional cook or a dedicated daily chef. I received mine as a gift and have since given 6 as gifts.
on March 13, 2016
I've tried several recipes since receiving this book a few weeks ago....receiving rave reviews from family members. No disappointments yet.
on June 27, 2014
love it! the best book I ever bought! I've tried 4 recipes yet and they've all come out well!! 2 thumbs up America's Test Kitchen!!!