‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cookbook!, Nov. 23 2009
I love to cook but often get frustrated with the inconsistencies of recipes on the internet and in the vast collection of cookbooks I have. Occasionally I luck out and find a great recipe but not very often.

The America's Test Kitchen TV cookbook is amazing. The book has images of the recipes, rationale about WHY the recipe works well and is tested to perfection. Also, the current episodes and those for 2010 are in the cookbook so you can see them made by demonstration.

I love that the cookbook offers comparisons between certain ingredient options such as varieties of dried pasta, or comparisons between various cooking/kitchen tools. We don't have some of the product selections in my city but they give a great indication of what to look for in the best product and why they chose the one they did.

So far my favourite recipes are the Pork Lo Mein and Beef and Broccoli stir fry. All of the recipes I have tried have worked perfectly and been delicious.

I would definitely recommend this book for any level of cook. The recipes are clear enough for a novice yet don't undermine a more experienced cook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipies! Love this cookbook!, Nov. 20 2009
As a fan of the TV show, this is one of my favourite cookbooks. It gives details as to why the ingredients work well in the recipie and the recipies are easy to follow. Near the back of the book contains reviews and recommendations for small appliances, kitchen utensils, and cooking products. The recipies do not include a nutritional breakdown which is a downside for those needing to keep track of fat content or calories but otherwise, it is a great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Complete America's Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook, May 14 2014
I have watched this show for several years and have made many of the recipes. I love having the entire series at my fingertips and being able to access any recipe without having to dig through piles of copies or trying to find the recipe online. This really is a fabulous book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves time, Oct. 2 2013
John L. Barton "History Vulture" (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
Buying this book saves me from having to look up recipes on the internet as we use a lot of their recipes. The downside is that as they keep adding new recipes each year the book will eventually become too big to carry.

5.0 out of 5 stars A treat for the home cook, July 25 2013
I love this book; it's huge and it's heavy but there are so many recipes to try that I know I will be using this cookbook for quite some time. I love reading about the show, the behind-the-scenes stories as well as some of the background on the recipes. The recipes themselves are well written and and very tasty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love it!, May 6 2013
If you're a fan of the series this cookbook is a must in your kitchen. I tried a dozen or so recipes already and they turned out fantastic, super delicious and all were family friendly. The recipes are easy to follow, well written and the results do not disappoint. I l like that most recipes use easy to find ingredients, and for the most part, they use ingredients you already buy or have in your pantry.

The book is absolutely HUGE and guaranteed there is plenty of recipes to choose from for every palate. I know this book will be well used in my kitchen for a very long time to come. The variety is just endless.

They also include a ton of reference material for ingredients, brands and tools they use on the show. The conversion charts are very detailed and helpful as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars The first being The New Best Recipe (what I like to refer to my bible), July 14 2014
Nadine Hupperetz "book affair" (book affair) - See all my reviews
This is my second book from them. The first being The New Best Recipe (what I like to refer to my bible). This book doesn't disappoint. I've tried atleast 20 recipes so far and they are all winners. I'm slowly making my way through this book. It's a great additon to my library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Why didn't I buy this a long ..., July 11 2014
Great book. Why didn't I buy this a long time ago..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, June 29 2014
Book arrived on time, in perfect brand new condition, and I really like this book. If you like the TV show, here's all the recipes from just the show. It doesn't seem to supersede all their other cookbooks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cooking, June 12 2014
This review is from: Complete America's Test Kitchen Tv Show Cookbook New Edition (Hardcover)
This is a very good cook book.
The recipes are easy to follow and they taste great.
Would recommend this book to anyone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Complete America's Test Kitchen Tv Show Cookbook New Edition
Complete America's Test Kitchen Tv Show Cookbook New Edition by America's Test Kitchen (Hardcover - Oct. 24 2011)
Used & New from: CDN$ 8.19