4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I Bought This Book, March 13 2011
This review is from: The Boy's Body Book: Everything You Need to Know for Growing Up YOU (Paperback)
Both my boys really enjoyed the book, but my 11 year old got more use out of it. It taught him things about hygene and body hair in a funny way that he could relate too. It is a quick and easy read that they both keep refering to from time to time. I recommend this book for boys just learning about puberty and need to know about their body without other people telling them because they seem to get more from learning it themself. It has a good foundation for learning the basics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book for the right age group, Nov. 28 2012
Paula Gaudet - See all my reviews
I bought this book when my son was 9. I also bought "The Care and Keeping of You," which is a wonderful book for girls. We read most of both books and they were both excellent. Honestly, I skipped the oral and anal sex chapter for my 9 year old because I think it would have confused more than explained things. I will enter these topics in the next year or so certainly before the school system addresses them in fifth grade. The chapters on body changes, cleanliness and mood changes are excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., July 18 2010
I bought this for my 11 year old for reference on info he may have questions about. We talk extensively and he asks me a lot of things and I have NO hang ups telling him anything he wants to know, but I bought this book for the day that he may feel uncomfortable and want to find the answer (or at least some background!) for himself before he asks me. This book is factual, easy to read and tactful. I don't like stupid names or locker room descriptions. I also didn't want the book to sound like the narrator was an edgy, ultra cool, smooth talking, sharp tongued locker jock so this book is very good. Just the facts please- well laid out with proper language and easy to understand explanations. You need to know what your kids will relate to though, mine is practical, but yours may take to the more flashy "street talk type" presentation some of the books present. So far, he has read it but still just prefers to ask Mom! A quick answer from me is better, in his mind, than looking up anything!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for younger boys., May 30 2014
this book will be great resource for our programs. To teach young boys how to care for their bodies, when they may not have
any roll models to show them how to prepare themselves for the day. How their body may change as we get older.

I would definetly reccommend this book to anyone whom may have young boys reaching adelescent age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, May 17 2013
This book was fantastic. Thorough but not overdone. It explained thing well for a young tween. Very glad I purchased this. Thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overall review, Oct. 8 2013
Written in "everyday english" to help with health literacy, this book was a great read. The topics are broad enough to give the reader a great overlook of changes both physically and emotionally. Although not as comprehensive as other books, it provides great communication opportunities for families.

The Boy's Body Book: Everything You Need to Know for Growing Up YOU