march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on March 13, 2011
Both my boys really enjoyed the book, but my 11 year old got more use out of it. It taught him things about hygene and body hair in a funny way that he could relate too. It is a quick and easy read that they both keep refering to from time to time. I recommend this book for boys just learning about puberty and need to know about their body without other people telling them because they seem to get more from learning it themself. It has a good foundation for learning the basics.
on July 18, 2010
I bought this for my 11 year old for reference on info he may have questions about. We talk extensively and he asks me a lot of things and I have NO hang ups telling him anything he wants to know, but I bought this book for the day that he may feel uncomfortable and want to find the answer (or at least some background!) for himself before he asks me. This book is factual, easy to read and tactful. I don't like stupid names or locker room descriptions. I also didn't want the book to sound like the narrator was an edgy, ultra cool, smooth talking, sharp tongued locker jock so this book is very good. Just the facts please- well laid out with proper language and easy to understand explanations. You need to know what your kids will relate to though, mine is practical, but yours may take to the more flashy "street talk type" presentation some of the books present. So far, he has read it but still just prefers to ask Mom! A quick answer from me is better, in his mind, than looking up anything!
on November 28, 2012
I bought this book when my son was 9. I also bought "The Care and Keeping of You," which is a wonderful book for girls. We read most of both books and they were both excellent. Honestly, I skipped the oral and anal sex chapter for my 9 year old because I think it would have confused more than explained things. I will enter these topics in the next year or so certainly before the school system addresses them in fifth grade. The chapters on body changes, cleanliness and mood changes are excellent.
on November 16, 2014
Great as a reference book for my 12 year old son. He gets taught quite a bit in school but always good if other questions pop up and less embarrassing than asking mom and dad. Once he finds out things are "normal" he asks more questions.
on September 28, 2015
A good way to provide additional info to children so they can read on their own and come back to you to discuss more if needed. Puts the child in charge of their changing body and gives them confidence. Love the girl version of this book. Was very helpful.
on May 19, 2015
Bought this for my 10 year-old. A great way to open discussion about changes pre-teens are anticipating. Goes beyond just talking about body changes, tackles relationship issues as well. Would definitely recommend.
on May 7, 2015
I love this book...or rather my 8 year old son loves this book. It is easy for him to read and it is laid out in an interesting way so that it isn't just a blank page full of overwhelming text.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2015
Just the right level for a 9-10 year old.
on May 17, 2013
This book was fantastic. Thorough but not overdone. It explained thing well for a young tween. Very glad I purchased this. Thanks!
on September 28, 2015
I purchased these so that my children could read through them at their own speed. For my two, it is more productive if they come to me with questions when they are ready