march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on December 17, 2001
Vallee is a rarity in the world - an open-minded scientist who takes UFOs seriously and can write about them with wit and style. In all of his books, one senses a serious man who has no time for either the true believers that UFOs are all extraterrestrial craft nor the mindless skpetics who think the thousands of eyewitness accounts are likely the result of indigestion, like Scrooge's sightings of a ghost. His theory, that these may be interdimensional beings who are toying with us, or teaching us, or both, is original and provocative. And he has a number of great lines which I have highlighted in my copy of the book. My favorite: "There is a strange urge in my mind. I would like to stop behaving as a rat pressing levers-even if I have to go hungry for a while. I would like to step outside the conditioning maze and see what makes it tick. I wonder what I would find. Perhaps a terrible superhuman monstrosity the very contemplation of which would make a man insane? Perhaps a solemn gathering of wise men? Or the maddening simplicity of unattended clockwork?" This is typical of his thinking and writing. Of all his books, I would recommend this as well as Passport to Magonia, although there is some overlap between them. Vallee has been studying UFOs since the 1960s and there is no better authority today.
on April 7, 1999
Another fascinating book by Jacques Vallee. Dr. Vallee is one of the most original thinkers in the study of UFOs, and this book takes a very different approach than most. Never content with the "simple" explanation that UFOs are extraterrestrial visitors from space, Dr. Vallee expands upon his previous works and presents fascinating evidence to support his views.
This book may not be for everyone. If you are a dedicated believer that UFO abductions are proof that aliens from outer space are visiting our planet, you may want to look elsewhere. If however, you are willing to consider other possibilities, and like exploring different viewpoints you'll want to read this book.
Readers of Dr. Vallee's cult classic "Passport to Magonia" should be forewarned: the first half of Dimensions will sound very familiar. Much of the first half of this book is lifted straight from Magonia. However, even with that complaint this is a thought-provoking book, that should make us re-think our dearly-held assumptions regarding UFOs.
on December 17, 2001
Vallee is a rarity in the world - an open-minded scientist who takes UFOs seriously and can write about them with wit and style. In all of his books, one senses a serious man who has no time for either the true believers who think that UFOs are all extraterrestrial craft nor the mindless skpetics who think the thousands of eyewitness accounts are likely the result of indigestion, like Scrooge's sightings of a ghost. His theory, that these are interdimensional beings who are toying with us is original and provocative.
And he has a number of great lines which I have highlighted in my copy of the book. Such as: "There is a strange urge in my mind. I would like to stop behaving as a rat pressing levers-even if I have to go hungry for a while. I would like to step outside the conditioning maze and see what makes it tick. I wonder what I would find. Perhaps a terrible superhuman monstrosity the very contemplation of which would make a man insane? Perhaps a solemn gathering of wise men? Or the maddening simplicity of unattended clockwork?"
on March 11, 2016