biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on April 1, 2008
I bought this book hoping to learn useful tips for scanning my collection of old family slides. I was very disappointed. There was little information that wasn't in the documentation included with the software, and many of the 'tips' were extremely obvious. For example, we learn that the ROC (Recovery Of Colour) function recovers the colour from faded slides. True, it does--''and the documentation for Nikon Scan tells you that, as well!

The software included in the book, at least for Macintosh owners, doesn't quite live up to what is stated inside. You get a licensed version of Vuescan, a copy of Silverfast (which I didn't check), and a demo version of Photoshop CS2 which can't be loaded because the .dmg file contains no mountable file systems.
0Comment30 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2011
Most likely the worst book I ever read about anything to do with photography. I'm not sure who needs this kind of book. It's even less informative than manufacturers manuals. Number or useful information you are going to find this book is 0.0 regardless of your level of knowledge. Hopeless!!
I give it one star because you have to rate it somehow with out having option for negative stars
on April 11, 2015