5.0 out of 5 stars Very Beneficial
As a developer with moderate TDD experience, this book introduced new concepts in addition to reinforcing what I already knew about unit testing. It made me feel safer with some of the "good" techniques we already used in our unit tests in addition to making me realize potential design enhancements that can applied to both unit tests as well as production code...
Published on Dec 18 2009 by J. Sahyouni

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners
The book is very good for beginners, but not for those who already practise TDD on a daily basis. The book goes into AAA style of testing, but it's entirely missing BDD examples (which is unfortunate, but not a show stopper for someone who just in the beginning.
Published on July 19 2009 by Sean Feldman

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Beneficial, Dec 18 2009
J. Sahyouni "Rami Sahyouni" (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Unit Testing: with Examples in .NET (Paperback)

I mostly liked how it is concise and straight to the point with clear examples. The author mentions a concept then directly displays a clear example followed by an explanation of the example. With less than 300 pages and a nicely organized material, this book is enjoyable and quick to read.

I truly think every developer should read this book before starting to write unit tests.

I will definitely be looking into more Manning books...

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners, July 19 2009
Sean Feldman (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Unit Testing: with Examples in .NET (Paperback)
The book does go into mocking and interaction testing. As well as covers a few important things about proper maintenance of test code and how to achieve it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-Have Books for your shelf, March 7 2009
This review is from: The Art of Unit Testing: with Examples in .NET (Paperback)
It's been a long time that I have not read a book as captivating from beginning to end. Many concepts are discussed which I have not seen in any other book about unit testing such as the integration tests as well as advanced features such as Rollback for unit test on database.

This book should be in my opinion the first book to read on unit tests throughout because as I read, "light go on" occurs page after page, chapter after chapter.

I just finished reading the book and after I will have apply all the knowledge I learned and look many of references, I will surely read the book again. Like for a good movie, I wish I will see details I did not see the first time.

The author have definitely a rare talent to know how to communicate his knowledge to the same level as Steve McConnell in Code Complete.

If Roy wrote another book, I will certainly buy it with the hope that it will be as excellent as this.

The Art of Unit Testing: with Examples in .NET
The Art of Unit Testing: with Examples in .NET by Roy Osherove (Paperback - July 8 2009)
Used & New from: CDN$ 7.28