summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 1, 2011
This book is apparently one in a series of books by the same author, each dealing with a different aspect of Japanese cookery. At present I own only this one and I have to say I was not overly excited by it. There is no doubt that the author can put together a pretty decent box lunch, but I was looking for a little more in the way of presentation from a book devoted to Bento meals. The author does come out and say that he is not going to bother with too much in the way of frills and flourishes, but the meals on offer by him could have been an entree or side dish in a regular table meal. On page 46, for example, the recipe is for a cheeseburger and nothing else. As with quite a few other recipes, there is no information as to how to pack the item for maximum freshness or visual appeal, and, to be honest, I cannot really see why this is 'Bento'. There are a few interesting things in this book but I wasn't especially impressed by it.
on April 24, 2010
I found this book easy to read. The meals are simple to prepare and ideal for single portions.
on May 17, 2015