Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen All-New Kindle Paperwhite Deal of the Day - The Beatles in Mono 14LP Vinyl Box Set SGG Tools

on September 27, 2008
I picked up "rookies guide to options" after reading and enjoying Wolfinger's earlier book called "create your own hedge fund".

The rookies guide to options starts off by explaining the basics of options, how options are priced etc. After that the books goes into detailed explanations of six options strategies, all geared toward conservative investors.

Wolfinger does an excellent job of explaining the strategies in a simple way such that even a novice investor will be able to understand the strategy and how to put it into practice to grow their portfolio. I am very new to options investing and I did not have difficulty keeping up with the detailed explanations.

Each of the strategies is explained in layman's terms while still detailing the intricacies and key things to watch out for with each of the strategies. One thing I appreciated was Wolfinger's focus on conservatism and risk management which is absolutely critical for options investors.

I have recommended this book to many of my friends and this is certainly the best book on options trading that I have read. I read this book in a weekend and could hardly put it down when I first read it. Since reading the book, I have put a couple of the strategies to work in my investments and I still re-read sections of the books to guide me as I make decisions on applying these strategies.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse