5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, March 27 2013
The book is perfect and it's as exciting as expected! I bought if for my bf, but ended up starting it myself, lol.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!, Dec 30 2012
shauna tomsic (Maple Ridge, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
Steve alten is my fave author! This series sucks you in, impossible to put down. I would highly recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Terror Has A New Name.....Megalodon, June 27 2009
Dee (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hell's Aquarium (Hardcover)
I have been a huge fan of Steve Alten's since his first book "Meg - A Novel Of Deep Terror" in 1997. I have read all of Steve's books, and thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of them.

"Meg - Hells Aquarium" is the fourth book in the "Meg" series, and continues the adventures of Jonas Taylor and his family. As with all his books, Steve has done his homework, and puts everything he has into making "Hells Aquarium" a novel that not only entertains, but educates. We learn about creatures that existed hundreds of millions of years ago, and how powerful these creatures are compared to Angel (everyone's favourite megalodon), who up until now was probably the most feared creature of the sea. The ancient creatures that Steve introduces us to in this fourth book of the series, are products of our nightmares. We can only imagine the horror that Jonas and David had to endure when they came face to face with these monsters.

Steve Alten does an incredible job of story-telling in this book, he has a great plot, and some wonderful characters. This is a book that is a real page-turner, with excitement and suspense that holds the readers attention from begining to end. Like all of Steve's previous works, this book reads like a movie. It is very easy to see in your mind what you are reading, as you read it. I would love to see the "Meg" series turned into a major motion picture, and if it's anything like the four books (or five when we receive "Night Stalkers") then it will be a movie of great magnitude, and with the right studio and director, Steve Alten's amazing work will be realized when it finally hits the big screen.

If you are interested in this book but haven't read any of the others in this series, may I recommend "Meg - A Novel Of Deep Terror" "The Trench" and "Meg - Primal Waters" as a prequal to this amazing novel. I hope that you will enjoy the adventure as much as I have. Oh, and for you fans who may not yet have had the pleasure to read "Hells Aquarium", if you thought Angel was a nightmare, just wait until you meet her offspring, Belle and Lizzy. These two make Angel look like a guppy! God help who ever crosses their path in "Night Stalkers".

Well done Steve, you have given your fans another award winning novel and a truly incredible story. I look forward to "Night Stalkers" and all your future works to come. I hope that this review will entice maybe some new fans who may not be familiar with your talents, but are interested in this particular subject matter, just as I was when I saw your very first novel staring at me from the book shelves 12 years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars meg hell's aquarium, Dec 30 2011
Robert Boutin - See all my reviews
An Amazing Book . What Can I Say More , It's major Scary And it's a must buy ! how the story is told , it's amazing . one of the best of steve books ! i love them all !

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Series I've Ever Read!, Aug. 10 2010
I recently took a trip to warmer climates with a stop over in Minneapolis. While there I decided to check out the bookstore since I had forgotten to bring anything to read. I stumbled across MEG - Hell's Aquarium and decided to give it a try. I really wasn't expecting much and was 100% expecting to be disappointed, but for some light fluff reading on a plane I was willing to take the risk.

Boy was I wrong!!! Even though I'd accidentally started with the 4th book in the series (which by the way didn't even matter because the author explains much of the back story so you don't feel lost at all) I was hooked from the first few pages. Alten manages to grab you right from page one and doesn't let go until the last moment. I broke my own record for fastest time ever reading a book and was eager to start it over again once I finished the last page.

The story is imaginative and exciting, a non-stop thrill ride from start to finish. There are moments when you are so involved in the story that you're actually holding on to your seat in anticipation! I felt as though I was the one trapped at the bottom of the sea struggling for air! I've never read a book before that grabbed me so fully as this one did.

Since finishing MEG Hell's Aquarium I've recently purchased MEG A Novel of Deep Terror (book 1) and finished it. Also a wonderful read which I highly highly recommend. And The Trench (book 2) which I am currently 3/4 of the way through. And I have MEG Primal Waters (book 3) sitting on my night stand just waiting for me to finish The Trench!

If you're looking for an exciting story with great characters then this is a great series to read, I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hell of a Great Book, July 11 2010
D. Butler - See all my reviews
Wow!!! Great Book!. If you haven't read the Meg Series I highly recommend that you do. Steve Alten is a Great author. He makes Bruce(Jaws)look like a mewling kitten.
Can't wait til the move comes out.
If you get a chance visit his website [...] great site has everything from a sneak peek at Meg the movie, and snippetts of upcoming books.

ARRAY(0xc2808294)

Hell's Aquarium
Hell's Aquarium by Steve Alten (Hardcover - May 1 2009)
Used & New from: CDN$ 1.64