Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
on June 27, 2009
I have been a huge fan of Steve Alten's since his first book "Meg - A Novel Of Deep Terror" in 1997. I have read all of Steve's books, and thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of them.

"Meg - Hells Aquarium" is the fourth book in the "Meg" series, and continues the adventures of Jonas Taylor and his family. As with all his books, Steve has done his homework, and puts everything he has into making "Hells Aquarium" a novel that not only entertains, but educates. We learn about creatures that existed hundreds of millions of years ago, and how powerful these creatures are compared to Angel (everyone's favourite megalodon), who up until now was probably the most feared creature of the sea. The ancient creatures that Steve introduces us to in this fourth book of the series, are products of our nightmares. We can only imagine the horror that Jonas and David had to endure when they came face to face with these monsters.

Steve Alten does an incredible job of story-telling in this book, he has a great plot, and some wonderful characters. This is a book that is a real page-turner, with excitement and suspense that holds the readers attention from begining to end. Like all of Steve's previous works, this book reads like a movie. It is very easy to see in your mind what you are reading, as you read it. I would love to see the "Meg" series turned into a major motion picture, and if it's anything like the four books (or five when we receive "Night Stalkers") then it will be a movie of great magnitude, and with the right studio and director, Steve Alten's amazing work will be realized when it finally hits the big screen.

If you are interested in this book but haven't read any of the others in this series, may I recommend "Meg - A Novel Of Deep Terror" "The Trench" and "Meg - Primal Waters" as a prequal to this amazing novel. I hope that you will enjoy the adventure as much as I have. Oh, and for you fans who may not yet have had the pleasure to read "Hells Aquarium", if you thought Angel was a nightmare, just wait until you meet her offspring, Belle and Lizzy. These two make Angel look like a guppy! God help who ever crosses their path in "Night Stalkers".

Well done Steve, you have given your fans another award winning novel and a truly incredible story. I look forward to "Night Stalkers" and all your future works to come. I hope that this review will entice maybe some new fans who may not be familiar with your talents, but are interested in this particular subject matter, just as I was when I saw your very first novel staring at me from the book shelves 12 years ago.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse