5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book.
Most of what's in this book is what I already know from decades of knitting and after having made about every mistake a person could when finishing a garment. I was surprised to find some of the techniques I use here as some knitting books make finishing a garment more complex than knitting one.

I think the advice to plan finishing before starting to knit is...
Published on May 22 2012 by Heather

2.0 out of 5 stars dated
Published on July 7 2012 by Babs

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book., May 22 2012
Heather - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Finishing School: A Master Class for Knitters (Hardcover)

I think the advice to plan finishing before starting to knit is important as too many patterns I've seen written in a way that leaves you without instructions for finishing properly, or with awkward bits that you have to work around. One knitting book I have even shows finished sweaters with closings that look like afterthoughts, making all the work put into a sweater pointless. This book shows how to avoid the 'loving hands at home' look and go for the 'custom made' look instead.

The patterns in the book are beautiful and a nice bonus I wasn't expecting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference book, Jan. 6 2013
This review is from: Finishing School: A Master Class for Knitters (Hardcover)
This is the best book I have seen so far on finishing knitting. There are diagrams, photographs, and swatch examples given to demonstrate different problems and solutions. It's much more than I thought it would be; I have just scratched the surface. If one were to go through and learn everything in this book, one would be a master knitter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let your imagination fly!, Feb. 22 2012
A. Anderson (Lillooet, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finishing School: A Master Class for Knitters (Hardcover)
Another 'how did I ever get along without this information for over 60 years?' (and what a shame I did!) The author is unfettered by the usual 'rules' I have knit by all my life. The samples are a great way to sort out your ideas--which I've always sorted out 'the hard way' by guess work and undoing knitting. Wonderful ideas for unusual touches, mixing and matching edgings, collars and designs. There are no limits for me now! This is an exciting book for those creative knitters looking for helpful hints, examples and incorporating original ideas into any project.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, Feb. 7 2013
This review is from: Finishing School: A Master Class for Knitters (Hardcover)
Excellent reference book for finishing knitting projects. Lots of tips while knitting. The author is a costume designer so can become very techniqual. Highly recommend this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars dated, July 7 2012
Babs (Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finishing School: A Master Class for Knitters (Hardcover)
The book is very useful in the fact that it provides alot of good information for knitters, but the fact of the matter is that it looks very dated. As if it was written in the 60's and never updated. It is nice to have a few patterns in the book but those again look as if they are from the 60's. Nothing sexy about those! I think I would suggest you borrow this one from the library first, then decide if you want to spend your money on it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Finishing School, Dec 25 2013
This review is from: Finishing School: A Master Class for Knitters (Hardcover)
Was looking for more information on seam finishing but am enjoying reading about the other finishing techniques. A useful addition to my knitting library.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners, Sept. 26 2013
This review is from: Finishing School: A Master Class for Knitters (Hardcover)
I think I'm too much of a beginner in knitting to use this book properly. It is well illustrated and it is a quality book, I am only able to make basics scarf, anybody who is able to go further then me could probably use it properly!

Finishing School: A Master Class for Knitters
Finishing School: A Master Class for Knitters by Deborah Newton (Hardcover - Oct. 4 2011)
CDN$ 35.95 CDN$ 22.53