5.0 out of 5 stars Helped us make the transition to Paleo
Published on May 22 2012 by Paleo Chef

3.0 out of 5 stars Paleo
Generally pleased with the books could have had a few more recipes, more complete than other books looked at. Binding on book itself is of very poor quality.
Published on Jan. 3 2012 by spinedr

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped us make the transition to Paleo, May 22 2012
This review is from: Make it Paleo: Over 200 Grain Free Recipes For Any Occasion (Paperback)
We've tried almost 50% of the recipes in this book so far and LOVE every single one of them. It is by far the best Paleo cookbook that I have come across yet, the recipes are easy to follow and the photographs of each dish make me hungry every time I read the book. My husband and I have lost a combined total of 50 lbs in 4 months eating mostly recipes from this book. I even bought a copy for my Mom who was avoiding gluten and she is now converting to Paleo with the help of this book. You can serve these recipes to non-Paleo friends and they won't miss anything. Definitely my best Paleo purchase so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ever wanted to try Paleo? Start with this book..., Oct. 12 2012
Bill Staley and Hayley Mason crafted a deliciously easy to follow cookbook that every Paleo and Non-Paleo follower should have in their cookbook library. Seriously, if you are a veteran Paleo eater or someone thinking about giving it a go for the first time, The Food Lovers "Make it Paleo" should be first on your list to prepare your kitchen.

430+ pages of easy to follow recipes. With gorgeous pictures on every page to tempt your taste-buds and help move you from processed boxed foods to delicious good-for-you paleo meals that will make even the pickiest eater begging to share a seat at your table.

Over 200 grain free recipes; everything from making your own almond milk to seared Ahi tuna with wasabi sauce. Didn't think you could create good food in your own kitchen? Think again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cookbook I've ever owned., June 4 2012
This cookbook is hands down the best cookbook I've ever seen. It has immaculate pictures of every recipe. Easy to read and follow instructions and ingredients and some of the tastiest dishes I've ever made. Even if you have no idea what "Paleo" is all you would have to do is create all of your meals from this book and you would already be healthier than you can ever imagine.

This is a great gift idea as well.

I am a personal trainer and nutrition coach and I Highly recommended it to anyone who is interested in a healthy lifestyle while eating delicious, easy to make food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Investment, March 24 2013
This is a fantastic book. I have several "paleo" cookbooks at home and to be honest I was hesitant to purchase another. It took me a good six months to decide if I should take the plunge. I am glad I did. This book is a lifesaver. It is full of amazingly simple recipes for some truly great food. If you are just starting out on the paleo/primal/ancestral food path I cannot emphasis how fabulous this book is, especially if you are not entirely at ease in the kitchen. Super simple recipes, super simple ingredients, super great results. I don't anticipate needing another cookbook for a few months thanks to this baby. One of the things I liked best about it was that, unlike a lot of other paleo books, this one didn't come with a 150 page explanation of paleo, just a very simple overview of the lifestyle and then hundreds of pages of fabulous food. This is definitely a "must have" for any healthy kitchen. You won't be disappointed, I promise.

5.0 out of 5 stars You've got to buy this book if you love food!, Nov. 6 2011
I can't remember the last time I actually got excited about a cookbook, this cookbook is FABULOUS. I LOVE to cook/eat and for 13yrs have done home parties and cooking demo's with a everyday & gourmet spice company here in Canada. I turned Paleo in July after having it recommended for knee pain and while I'm quite creative in the kitchen and can make chicken, eggs, fish, etc taste different every day I am so busy in my business I don't have the time to experiment. This book has opened up a whole new world of ideas and I have turned down so many pages I'll be cooking something new every day for a LONG time!! So so grateful!

3.0 out of 5 stars Paleo, Jan. 3 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Good paleo starter recipes, but no dairy, Aug. 18 2013
There are a lot of basic staples like roasting vegetables in just oil with salt, or substitutes like cauliflower rice. If you've been paleo for a while though, you probably know about these recipes.

I was disappointed to realize that none of the recipes had dairy. I allow dairy and it a little bit of cheese in mains or eggs and milk in desserts goes a long way, but you won't find that here.

That aside, if you're new to paleo it's a great starter book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, March 3 2012
I have tried many recipes in this book so far and every one of them has turned out wonderfully. I love preparing such healthy foods that also taste good. Someone mentioned in a review that you might as well use white sugar instead of "all that maple syrup" but do some research on different types of sugars before you believe that. I'd eat gobs of maple syrup over a little bit of refined white sugar any day! Lovely cookbook, and well worth the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cookbook. Every recipe beautifully pictured. Makes you want to try them., June 12 2014
Eric Chamberland (Sherbrooke, Québec Canada) - See all my reviews
This book is printed in full glossy color pages with gorgeous pictures of every recipe. The recipes are easy to do and they give you great ideas to cook with fresh and nutritious ingredient. They cover it all (entrees, soups, sauces and dressings, desserts, breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc). You do not need to follow the paleo diet to enjoy this book. Its simply an excellent cooking book in and of itself, but without any grains or dairy.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC !!, Jan. 2 2013
I bought 5 different Paleo cookbooks at once. Hands down this is the best. Every recipe has a picture and so far the recipes are spot on. While I looked at the other books, I found them boring ( except Well Fed - but it is 1/4 the size so less bang for your buck but a nice addition to your recipes) I am so glad I got this book.Ig you are a first time paleo cookbook searcher then search no further. This is a great one to start with.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Make it Paleo: Over 200 Grain Free Recipes For Any Occasion
Make it Paleo: Over 200 Grain Free Recipes For Any Occasion by Hayley Mason (Paperback - Oct. 20 2011)
CDN$ 38.95 CDN$ 24.42