5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!
Loved this book.
Trying to slow down mt reading speed so I can enjoy them longer is too hard.
Absolutely adicted to this series, and can't wait to start the next book!
Published on Aug. 3 2012 by Sasabee

3.0 out of 5 stars A little sad
If you like the previous books this one may be a bit of a disappointment.

Published on May 5 2011 by Nicole Allen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars A little sad, May 5 2011
Nicole Allen - See all my reviews
If you like the previous books this one may be a bit of a disappointment.

I was one of the many that was eagerly awaiting this book and bought it on the first day it came out. I have loved most of the previous books, the one before this one was not my favourite but still not bad. All the other ones have been very easy to read and I have had a hard time putting them down. This one was hard to get into and most of the main characters seemed to just be thrown in here and there. Bill didn't make an appearance till the middle of the book, Eric is just here and there and it seemed as if he is always mad and that the author is trying to find a way to get rid of him.

I am a HUGE fan of the Eric/Sookie romance and I have been hoping from the beginning for a happy ever ending but that seems as if it will never happen. It seems that Sookie will never actually have an happy ever ending which is too bad. I was hoping that this book would answer some questions and have some conclusions in site for the story line but that didn't happen.

This book seemed to lack the usual writing style and didn't quite seem to fit the pattern of the series. It is a filler book that really doesn't go anywhere or give you any new insight to the future of the series or the characters.

Hopefully the next one if there is one will be better and not seem so rushed to be put together.

3.0 out of 5 stars A LIttle Tired, Dec 9 2013
Carol Read - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I love Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series. Harris is a terrific writer: entertaining, witty, observant, creative. And she tells good stories. Here comes the "but"....It's difficult to maintain a long series that builds on past books. There's the inevitable recaps and introductions, just in case the reader hasn't read the first books. Yes, this is a series I recommend you start from Book One. If the books weren't "entertainment" and were "serious" novels such as the seven that comprise Proust's "A la Recherche du Temps Perdu," then, heck, the reader would be expected to remember, or take notes. But Harris or her editors have decided that readers can't keep details straight from one book release to the next, or else that readers new to the series need to be caught up. I don't have a solution for this. But I do think the recaps and explanations slow down and distort the fast pace of the narrative.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dread Reckoning, Sept. 19 2013
CH should have stopped writing at book 10. I should have quit reading the series then too, as the series steadily declines after books 9 & 10.

3.0 out of 5 stars I heard the serie was going to end soon. Good., Feb. 23 2013
Yes. It was good news for me to hear that the serie would end soon after finishing this book.
I think like Sookie I am tired of going from one lover to another and to go through so many deaths. People drop dead like flies in this serie. Moreover, we sense that Sookie is running around while remaining alone all the time like an headless chick. That's regrettable since at first it had a clever political commentary seeping between the lines.

Tough to compete with the TV serie I'll admit. Anyway, I appreciated the beginning. Sookie's slow recovery was real and sweet with Eric being all ateentionate and such. Really touching,

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, Aug. 3 2012
This review is from: Dead Reckoning: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Mass Market Paperback)
Loved this book.
Trying to slow down mt reading speed so I can enjoy them longer is too hard.
Absolutely adicted to this series, and can't wait to start the next book!

4.0 out of 5 stars very good series, July 12 2012
This is the next book in the series of Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, in paperback. I enjoyed the book, it is well written and flows with the other books by this author. I can't wait for the next book! (when its in paperback to go with the whole series that I have purchased). I started watching the tv show before reading the books, but the books and the tv show do not run side by side, so if you don't like the show then you may like the books and same the other way too. It's hot outside, find a cool spot in your yard and get comfortable and visit all the supes in Bon Temp and get hot and sweaty with them. Have fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Stackhouse story, June 15 2012
Blammogirl (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Many reviews label it as a "filler," but it has it's own story as all the others do. Characters backgrounds are expanded further upon and the secrets of the supernatural world continue to bloom. I would be content to have a dozen more books like this one, a new story involving characters I love. I don't feel that the overall story must rush to its end. I love these books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dead Reckoning: ASookie Stackhouse Novel, June 12 2012
This is one more story in the perilous life of Sookie Stackhouse, with a very interesting development in the subtle war between Eric and Victor. Sookie has house guests again. She learns more about her family background when she discovers a secret panel in an antique she is about to sell. She also gains a very powerful object.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a filler book, May 22 2012
This book was just a filler book. Hopefully something happens in the next book. If it doesn't I might give up the series since it seems to be becoming just a money grab for the author & publisher.

2.0 out of 5 stars Filler, May 7 2011
S. Voth "Poet" (Fredericton, NB) - See all my reviews
Just a filler in the series. Hope the next one is better. I loved the other books but this just didn't cut it. Throughout the entire novel, there is only one intimate scene with Eric. I only say this so you can see how very little character involvement this has with Eric in reference to their relationship. It is in nearly the exact same standstill situation it had with the last book. The only new thing this book plays out is Sandra Pelt's final acts of vengeance and that was so lackluster it nearly doesn't warrant mentioning. I hope the next one is better and I hope Sookie's relationship with Eric finally gets solidified.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Dead Reckoning: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel
Dead Reckoning: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel by Charlaine Harris (Mass Market Paperback - March 27 2012)
CDN$ 8.99 CDN$ 8.54