4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely
Published on June 4 2012 by M

3.0 out of 5 stars Going to Paris?
If you are planning a trip to Paris, this is a handy shopping guide. It could be better organized, with maps showing where the various places are.
Published on Sept. 7 2011 by Reading Nana

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, June 4 2012
This review is from: Parisian Chic: A Style Guide by Ines de la Fressange (Paperback)
I was really excited to receive this book, the photography (though limited) was nice. Mostly filled with illustrations. It was very easy to read and had a lot of good tips. Sometimes it felt though I was reading fashion tips from 2001 (such as the bag section). But overall tips on classic sweaters and ways to dress up some outfits were very handy. I got a trench coat and it saved my outfits. :P Alsoo, I was never one to wear sweats outside, but I would dress down sometimes, this book helped me do just that without looking as if I rolled out of bed. Chinos and a plain white tee where my substitute. :P

3.0 out of 5 stars Going to Paris?, Sept. 7 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice guide for Paris style, March 26 2014
TO Girl (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
I've read many books on this topic and also visit Paris twice a year and found this book fun and informative. The previous reviews are correct in saying that some of the fashion tips may be a little dated, but still very classic and timeless. Ines offers good advice on building a solid wardrobe and often also reminds us in every chapter that you have to discover your own style and so you can't follow what anyone says religiously, including her own advice. So the biggest benefits of this book is reminding us of wardrobe staples, sharing some unique boutique stores in Paris (some are expensive, some are not), and insightful advice on keeping your look timeless even as it changes. May be too early for a teenager or 20 something to understand, everyone else would benefit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Parisian Chic, Sept. 15 2013
This book was a really cute guide to how Parisian women dress, as well as some of the hot spots in the city itself. It doesn't stray to far from fashion, shopping, and restaurants. The illustrations are great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife LOVES it, May 25 2013
What can I say? My wife loves it, and she's a better dresser for it! You'll learn how NOT to be a copycat to be chic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Nov. 2 2014
Wonderful book, tons on helpful hints!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quintessential Style Guide, Aug. 23 2012
My family loves to vacation in France and I am fortunate enough to have experienced French food, fashion and their fabulous lust for life, first-hand. This book brings me there by opening its pages.

Inès de la Fressange has written about time-tested Parisian principals of style; that will allow the reader to develop a wardrobe fit for all occasions. This is something that I have tried to emulate, but could not quite achieve, until now. I consult my guide constantly.

Merci, Inès!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Must have style guide., April 5 2012
I bought 2 copies of this book to give as gifts. I love the presentation and the timeless style and beauty tips. All this wrapped in a beautifully presented book with a Joie de vivre style of narrative.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting., Feb. 15 2012
Lise Sirois "Ellesse" (Québec, Canada) - See all my reviews
Nice book but I think a bit outdated for a young women. But for american girls it can show them how to look chic and elegant without looking like a w..... Too much sequins and false gold jewelry as always been out as well as jogging suit and xtra large t-shirts...
Gentil livre, bien présenté mais un peu dépassé.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Sept. 29 2011
Parisian Chic is a fun, light read with good ideas about French women & thier style.
If traveling to Paris Ines give good suggestions on where to stay, shop & eat. Since I have been to several of the places mentioned in the book I can say they are very good ones.
It shares with us how to bring out a little French in all of us!!!!

Parisian Chic: A Style Guide by Ines de la Fressange
Parisian Chic: A Style Guide by Ines de la Fressange by Sophie Gachet (Paperback - April 5 2011)
CDN$ 34.00 CDN$ 21.32