5.0 out of 5 stars Great
Once again, Patricia Cornwell brought me many hours of good reading with this newest book. Shows that even Scarpetta is vulnerable to a psycho, Oscar Bane, who moved right into her mind and soul. Keep writing Scarpetta novels, they are the best. Can't wait until the next one.
Published on April 24 2009 by jaycee 2

1.0 out of 5 stars dead on the tabke
Published on June 20 2010 by D. Mills

1.0 out of 5 stars dead on the tabke, June 20 2010
D. Mills "Happy in the Country" (Uxbridge, On Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scarpetta Factor, The (Hardcover)
I'm such a Scarpetta fan, but this novel is soooo boring. I find it a difficult read, as it doesn't flow. I will finish it sometime this week- but I started it at Christmas 2009!! I agree that in the last 2 novels the writing hasn't been there- it doesn't intrigue me. Maybe Patricia should take some downtime and "go back" to her creative roots- roots the brought us From Potter's Field and Post Mortem and create novels that are complex but exciting at the same time.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Scarpetta Factor, May 5 2010
Fenelon Mom (Fenelon Falls, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scarpetta Factor, The (Hardcover)
I too found this book disappointing. I read it to the end but it was more of a soap opera concentrating on the personal problems and emotional baggage of the main characters. The gripping forensic mystery element was missing for me. I hope that Patricia Cornwall returns to the formula used in her early books which I ould not put down.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save the trees - don't buy it, Feb. 8 2012
Almost 600 pages and the story is not worth 60. There is no mystery or suspense. The story takes place over 24 hours. To say that it looks at the personnal baggage of the characters is stretching it. There are crimes which seem to have very little to do with the story. The fact that the culprit is discovered seems to be just a by-line. The suspects who do appear beg the question - why bother? In the end they just do not have anything to do with the solution. Save a forest and don't buy this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Formula writing, Nov. 23 2009
Allan Martel (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scarpetta Factor, The (Hardcover)
I have read several of Ms. Cornwell's books in the past and I note that, in my view, they have declined in quality over recent years. This one is almost twice as thick as a normal novel and I could not get past the first fifty pages even though I tried three times.

I can't explain exactly why, but I have the feeling of an organ grinder cranking out the verbage within a fixed formula, much like a tune on a player piano. There is nothing new here, it's the same old, same old without even any further exploration of the cast of characters.

Perhaps I'm just spoiled by the wonderful writing of the late Steig Larsen or by the likes of Michael Connelly and Ian Rankin. Against this tableau of quality, this novel just doesn't cut it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Same old, same old, March 3 2012
Kadi Kaljuste (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scarpetta (Mass Market Paperback)
As a regular Scarpetta reader, this book wasn't Cornwell's best. And bringing Marino back just didn't sit well with me...

2.0 out of 5 stars No, no, no, Sept. 6 2009
This review is from: Scarpetta (Mass Market Paperback)
A very brief comment from someone who has read, and enjoyed, ALL of Ms. Cornwell's murder mysteries in connection with Kay Scarpetta: this book is simply not up to standard. It is laborious to the point of being confusing and boring. Another brutal homicide and all the old connections are there, Marino, Lucy, Benton etc., but their characterization is somehow lost, almost detached from the main story line, speaking of which it is quite intriguing and entertaining. That is the only positive note. Still, I found almost nothing of the old Scarpetta in this book and it was disappointing. Sorry Ms. Cornwell, try again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, Sept. 30 2009
voraciousreader (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scarpetta (Mass Market Paperback)
I really don't think Patricia Cornwell is writing these books anymore. This is terribly written. The characters are all flat. The plot is muddled and confusing. I think it's time for Cornwell to finish up and stop disappointing fans with these disappointing sequels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, April 24 2009
This review is from: Scarpetta (Hardcover)

3.0 out of 5 stars Scarpetta, Feb. 14 2009
Tooth-picker "Laurie" (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scarpetta (Hardcover)
I am usually a big fan of Patricia Cornwell but was let down with this new book. It seemed to drag on and the only reason I bothered to finish it was because it was due at the library.

2.0 out of 5 stars Scarpetta, Oct. 10 2010
This review is from: Scarpetta (Mass Market Paperback)
A very brief comment from someone who has read, and enjoyed, ALL of Ms. Cornwell's murder mysteries in connection with Kay Scarpetta: this book is simply not up to standard. It is laborious to the point of being confusing and boring. Still, I found almost nothing of the old Scarpetta in this book and it was disappointing. I used to read her book from one end to the other in a flash...this one took me a long time ,it was not really interesting like the other.
This is her second book I am finding boring Sorry Ms. Cornwell, try again.

SCARPETTA
SCARPETTA by PATRICIA CORNWELL (Paperback)
CDN$ 29.95
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available