summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on June 9, 2015
Fanstastic book!
on February 13, 2015
A great collection. Because of the number of paintings (1600+) and the number of pages (800), you will need a magnifying glass to properly see all the works not to mention the amazing detailed work of Dali. I am not so interested in the text so I wish this was just a collection of Dali's paintings which would have been perfect. A nice looking book!
on March 22, 2004
I liked the book. The mix of explanations of the painting and his life was very descriptive. I learned a lot about his friends and famliy. The book just reminds me that in every genius there's a lunatic.
on February 20, 2004
After collecting, selling and trading Dali art works for more than 30 years, Mr. Robert Descharnes, one of Dali's past secretaries, has outdone himself in this magnificent book. Without a doubt it will become a collectors classic and a must for any serious Dali admirer. Well worth its price in gold!!!!!
on November 3, 2003
Not only does this book have biographical info, it has the Dali painting in chronological order and the sculptures as well. A valuable reference.
on February 27, 2003
This book is the definitive look at Dali. I own a few other of his books but this one blows the out of the water. The only negative aspect about the book really comes down to my opinion. Some of my favorite paintings are fitted onto a page with 3 others making them a little difficult to see the extreme detail. While others get their own page but in my humble opinion didn't deserve it. While reading or just skimming through the paintings its awesome all the way through. The book is in chronological order so you can see his progress throughout his life. I would highly recommend this book to anyone, even if you don't like Dali's style, there is so much in here that you'll find something. I've spent dozens of hours looking through it, finding something new each time.