Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store SGG Home, Kitchen and Garden Gift Guide

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on July 6, 2009
I'm going to echo everyone else on the photos which are sometimes too small or poorly reproduced for clarity, but I honestly did not feel this hindered in my enjoyment of the book itself. I will say that I love this book because I am tackling my first ever guitar build project. As such, this book is amazing because it is written in a very basic manner which is great for beginners. That is to say, the writer does not assume that you already know how to build a guitar. This is actually a good thing for me, as I found that several other "how to" guitar building books should have been titled "if you already know how to build guitars, this is how to improve upon your technique."

Again, if you are a skilled, experienced guitar builder perhaps you will find this book cumbersome, over-simplified or even lengthy, but if you have never built a guitar before this is the best book I have ever read for aspiring guitar builders.
on April 8, 2002
(At the time of writing) I have yet to even finish reading this excellent book and I'm totally convinced that this is the one book that will guide me through the entire process of guitar building. I have read both editions of Melvyn Hiscock's "Make your own electric guitar" (and would also recomend them), however, I feel that this book ought to be the bench mark. The author goes into every detail of guitar construction (three guitars are detailed) in a manner that is easy to follow and understand. My only complaint (sorry Martin!!) is that the detail contained in some of the accompanying photo's is a little hard to pick up (although not impossible!!). Congratulations on producing an excellent and most informative book! My thanks also to the translater of the original work.
on April 6, 2015
good product , good price and good quality
on November 30, 2014