5.0 out of 5 stars see it

Published on Feb. 12 2004 by Micheline Harvey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars see it, March 24 2004
This review is from: Little Darlings (VHS Tape)
tatum oneal and christie mcnichol playing ferris and angel, one girl from the high society and one from the inner city with a car that puts out more smoke and bang than it does drive. both girls though totally different are dealing with things with their parents and the confusion and pains of growing up. they meet on a camp bus and are quickly targeted by the camp tramp who puts them against one another (even more than them being completly different did naturally) in a competition to see who will lose their virginity first. wow, another part of growing up....> PEIR PRESSURE.. lol
well the story isnt dull by any means, its funny, its cute and despite the fact that your kid should atleast be about 13 before they see it, i dont see why a kid should have to wait and see it when their 17 because of an r rating because if this film was done in todays time it would have been pg-13, no question. "down to me" with freddie prince jr and julia styles was trashy in comparison sexually and not done in the humor that this film is done.
the soundtrack is great, followes in with the times with music from "let your love flow" to john lennon. your gonna love "little darlings"...
its a story of finding true friendship, breaking down barriers from different lifestyles, lost youth, peir pressure, first loves, rebellion (gotta love it when christie mcnichol (angel) decides to get her guy drunk so hell get turned on and he passes out with her saying "your suppose to get turned on stupid not pass out". ) and somewhere in the mix finding people inside of your parents.
tatum oneal is great in her role and she is the reason i saw it in the first place (i was hooked after paper moon) but i have to say that matt dillon and christie mcnichol truly shine in this movie. almost litterally, theirs like a shine or a spark to the way they are on the screen in the film. makes ya laugh and smile and ache for more of the movie...

3.0 out of 5 stars Music is a very important element, Feb. 12 2004
Micheline Harvey (Québec, QC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Darlings (VHS Tape)
I loved this movie when I was 15 and still do. I hope to watch it with my daughter in a couple of years. What really disappointed me was the fact that they changed the music for several scenes. Not only the Bellamy Brothers Let Your Love Flow that played over the credits, but the lovely and haunting Oh My Love by John Lennon that played when Angel went to the cabin with Randy as well as others were replaced by some very boring and unknown songs. To me, music is an integral part of a movie experience. This let me down.

5.0 out of 5 stars surprise, Feb. 4 2004
This review is from: Little Darlings (VHS Tape)
Lets see who will get the hottest guy and lose our virginity first. Sounds slutty but this movie is about learning about yourself and peer pressure and all that other good stuff that forms zits in out adolesent years.

4.0 out of 5 stars What Happened!, March 17 2002
Kirsty Bradford (York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Darlings (VHS Tape)
It has been a few years since I last saw the film and although I thought it was still an excellent movie I was so dissapointed that the music/songs had changed for the video, I felt quite cheated!

2.0 out of 5 stars Movie is still great, changing the music isn't!, Jan. 1 2004
This review is from: Little Darlings (VHS Tape)
Wow, it's been years since I've seen this movie and it's still funny and very touching, but why on earth did they change the music? I hate that they took the Bellamy Brothers song from the end credits and even worse? They took out Mary McGregor's "Good Friend" song, also. ARGGH!! That stuff is all part of the nostalgic charm of that movie, in my opinion. When it comes out on DVD, I sure hope they restore it back to the original way it was. I don't like this VHS version at all because of the changes, so I'll be reselling it eventually.

4.0 out of 5 stars This movie much such an impression on me, Nov. 16 2003
This review is from: Little Darlings (VHS Tape)
I was quite young when I saw this the first time. And it made an impression on me. The whole idea of a bet regarding who could sleep with someone first was tacky, yes, but the outcome was highly educational. Christy McNichol and Tatum O'Neill shine in this film. nicely done.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite 80's movies!, July 23 2003
This review is from: Little Darlings (VHS Tape)
I can't wait for this movie to be released on DVD - altho who knows when that will be!
Yes, the video version is different from the one on cable and at the movie theatres - different songs, and I have seen this movie played on regular TV before with addional scenes which were not shown in the theatre or on cable TV (which I hope are included in any possible DVD release).
I think the songs were changed because of licensing reasons and this isn't the first movie this has happened with (Sixteen Candles - is another movie with different songs on the video version in comparison to the actual theatre release).
Anyway, I saw this movie in the theatres when I was 14 - and it's a good one. A bit hokie here and there, but Kristy (who is mostly a "baby ..." in this movie), is sort of too "unbelievable" as a girl who would fall for Matt Dillon - but more-so for one of her fellow girl campers! But, nonetheless, I loved Kristy in this movie and she was a "natural" for this role! (she has since publicly come out of the closet - by the way!). I'm pretty sure a lot of fledging lesbians modeled themselves after Kristy's role in this one!
Tatum O'Neal is good too - but I think her role in Paper Moon was her best ever movie!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable movie, May 29 2003
This review is from: Little Darlings (VHS Tape)
Little Darlings is movie about two very different teenage girls(Tatum O'Neal as rich girl Ferris,Kristy McNichol as tough girl Angel) at summer camp who enter into a contest to see who loses her virginity first.
That may not sound very exciting,but the young cast really makes this film enjoyable.Tatum O'Neal does decent job,but it's Kristy McNichol who really shines in her role.
The rest of the cast includes (a very young)Cynthia Nixon,Matt Dillon,and Armand Assante.
I have one beef with this video edition.I saw the movie on cable and the Bellamy Brothers' "Let Your Love Flow" played over the closing credits.It was replaced on this video with some generic late 70s/early 80s pop song.

5.0 out of 5 stars little darlings-best film of my life,best memories of 16 !, Jan. 9 2003
This review is from: Little Darlings (VHS Tape)
this film was a great inspiration when i was 16 years old. It takes me back to the excitement,pleasure and'no worries' of being sixteen. What a great age to be. Matt Dillon is just a hunk and Kristy McNicol is just cool. I wil show this film to my daughter when she gets to this 'inquisitive' age, congratulations to all that starred in it. Even 20 years down the line,it hasn't really dated,good acting and producing all around. 'little darlings' will be around for a long time yet i figure..........'Spot-on' film.......julie, carlisle,cumbria,uk.

3.0 out of 5 stars Anyone Notice "Miranda" from Sex and The City Is In This?, June 4 2002
This review is from: Little Darlings (VHS Tape)
Yes, she plays the "hippie chick," Sunshine, complete with flowing blonde hair. I distincly remember her performance as the quirky cabin-mate raised by hippie parents. Very sweet. So funny when I think of her as sarcastic Miranda from Sex and the City, all grown up.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Little Darlings
Little Darlings (VHS Tape - 2004)
Used & New from: CDN$ 49.97