5.0 out of 5 stars One of the BEST!
Published 11 months ago by FeedYourFame

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh my, people
I dunno what movie you saw, but this movie is terrible. The only good thing about it is it's comedic value. That, and I watched it with a total hottie.
Published on Dec 10 2000 by PJSnyder

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the BEST!, Aug. 16 2013
This review is from: Class of 1999 [Import] (DVD)
One of the BEST b-movies of the late 80s, early 90s. Derivative? Sure. Fun? TONS! From Bradley Gregg's unconvincing (but hilarious) tough-guy hoodlum, to John P. Ryan's hammy pro-corporal punishment teacher. And Pam Grier leaves quite an impression, but is sadly a bit underused. A helluva lot more entertaining than Class of 1984, endlessly re-watchable. One of my personal favourites finally unrated, widescreen and on DVD, but where's the Special Edition blu ray from Shout Factory (hint hint)?

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, Plotless Garbage but Keeps You Watching, May 5 2004
This review is from: Class of 1999 (VHS Tape)
Class of 1999 is one of those movies that is so terrible you HAVE to watch until the end just to see how bad it can actually get. It takes place in, you guess it 1999. The film was made in 1990 when people thought 1999 would be like living on the moon. Gangbangers control the schools and the neighborhoods. That's when the reality buttons popped on for me. You have these super tough gangmembers that carry guns everywhere yet they STILL go to school? Would they go to school? Also, the school is such a dangerous place that armed guards frisk the students and relieve them of their weapons every morning. I was like " Duh! ". The so-called gangmembers are so wimpy and wussy you'd think they were " Leave it to Beaver " rejects. That's just one of the many unrealistic points of this film. If you spent time trying to fit common sense into Class of 1999 you'll miss the entire film.
Bradley Gregg ( Stand By Me ) stars as Cody Culp. After a stint in prison he comes out with a changed attitude which his gang ( The Blackhearts ) don't appreciate. His little brother Angel is finding Cody's " gone-good " behavior sickening and it causes a little riff between the two. Meanwhile the principal ( Malcolm McDowell ) has hired Stacy Keach and his menacing teachers to clean up the terrible school. How can they? Well, the three new teachers ( Pam Grier and Patrick Kilpatrick included ) are nothing more than fururistic killing robots. Soon all order is lost as they slowly go on a rampage and make Cody their number one target. Along with the principal's daugher, Cody partakes in a mission to stop the evil robots ( are you laughing yet ) you should be. Anyway, all heck breaks loose by the end of the film when The Blackhearts team up with their rival gang to stop the robots. The film goes from a wannabe " Lean on Me " to " Terminator " in less than an hour. If you get lost don't worry because the plot is to blame. If you like Sci-Fi I guess you can squeeze this into your regime. If you can't tolerate silliness at all then don't bother to watch this. But if you're an all around movie lover like me who just likes to watch films at least once...go right ahead. But don't be surprised when you feel like a train's run over your sanity by the end. Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Class Of 1999, July 14 2003
Crazy Jim (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Class of 1999 (VHS Tape)
Mark L. Lester's 1989 sci-fi/action film about a futuristic high school where groups of gangs wearing some of the goofiest clothes imaginable run areas surrounding high schools. These areas known as "free fire zones" are run exclusively by the gangs. In Seattle, a principal of one of those schools hires a defense department operative to build "cyborg teachers" to maintain order in his classrooms.
One of the gangs is lead by Cody Culp (played by Bradley Gregg of "Stand By Me" fame), a freshly-paroled gangbanger hoping to go straight and stay out of trouble. The rival gang is lead by Hector (Jimmy Medina Tagert), a Hispanic thug looking to take out his agressions on Cody. This film features performances from such cult favorites as Pam Grier, Stacy Keach, Malcom McDowell, and Patrick Kilpatrick.
I first saw this movie on HBO when I was eleven-years-old and I really enjoyed it. It's really just an old-fashioned over-the-top science fiction movie. It doesn't exactly stand up to the test of time in some areas but it's still good for a few laughs and has some of the better special effects you will see from that era of movies.
A definite "guilty pleasure" by all means but still thoroughly entertaining. A film with a similar theme, THE FACULTY, was released in 1998. The movie is similar in theme though the teachers are aliens, this time, instead of cyborgs. Not half as good and way too commercial but I will admit that Josh Hartnett kicked [tail] in it (though he's no Bradley Gregg). If you've seen "Faculty", why not go and pick up this little cult film and see if you like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Into science fiction? Try this one!, Sept. 14 2002
"djordman" (Breda, Noord-Brabant Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Class of 1999 (VHS Tape)
Ah, this is one of my favorite old movies. I caught this way back in 1990 or 1991. At that time the year 1999 (in the eyes of a fifteen-year-old) seemed to be a very distant future.
OK, so the year is 1999, and America's highschools have a tendency of turning into warzones. A possible solution to this problem is presented by highschool principal Langford, the Department of Educational Defense and a developer of killer-cyborgs, Megatech.
In Seattle, three new teachers are introduced in what little still remains of Kennedy High. Unknown to the students, their new teachers aren't even human. But when more and more students wind up dead it becomes clear that Megatech's cyborgs have grown out of control.
I love this movie! I have always enjoyed science fiction, and this movie delivers. It's got a bit of excellent action, provides some laughs and a spectacular final with some surprisingly good special effects! It's all got this sort of campy feel to it that I really enjoy in movies. And does anyone out there know the song "Come The Day - Class of 1999" by Midge Ure? It's at the end of the movie, and worth checking out as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of my "ALL TIME" favorite movies, Aug. 4 2001
LadyLestat (Birmingham, Alabama United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Class of 1999 (VHS Tape)
I loved this movie from the first time I watched it. It is innovative, action packed, mezmerizing, and interesting. I didn't want to miss a second of this movie. I love that it had futuristic angle about it. The setting was in a complete warzone, and there was non-stop action. I can't speak for anyone else but Bradley Gregg was definitely hott to me, and a fantastic actor. To cut this short, I loved all the shooting, the guns, the violence, and the bloodshed. This movie definitely gets a 10 from me.

2.0 out of 5 stars This movie..., Dec 10 2000
PJSnyder (Cedar Rapids, IA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Class of 1999 (VHS Tape)
I don't know which movie you people saw, but in my opinion, this movie was terrible. The only good thing about it is it's comedic value. That, and I watched it with a total hottie.

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh my, people, Dec 10 2000
PJSnyder (Cedar Rapids, IA USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars bradley gregg is a GOD!, July 15 2000
Vanessa (Melb,australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Class of 1999 (VHS Tape)
okies, now to you all who have seen this movie, good choice, to who wants to see it, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! bradley does an outstanding performance as Cody Culp. And mainly that's all to it. This movie is a must see, it's got everything for both sexes, cody for females and war for males. Anyone wit info on Bradley Gregg don't hesitate to email me: vanessa@lyrics.com spanx

4.0 out of 5 stars Class of 1999, March 29 2000
This review is from: Class of 1999 (VHS Tape)
i know it's guilty pleasure, but i loved this movie. if you find anything on bradley gregg e-mail me! the last time i saw him was on the jenny jones show, but accident...she said he was a member of her staff. anyway, this movie is about teens outwitting adults, esp. teachers, and takes place in my hometown of detroit, mi. rah for the teens!

4.0 out of 5 stars violent, March 23 1999
12jrg34@msn.com (Southbend,Indiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Class of 1999 (VHS Tape)
This movie is very interesting.It is very violent. I surprizingly enjoyed this movie,but I did feel a bit affended by the way the director thought of tennagers.He displayed thim as evil hell raisers that needed to be killed.But it was preety cool when Pam Grier rips of her human skin at the end.

Class of 1999
Class of 1999 by Mark L. Lester (VHS Tape - 2001)
Used & New from: CDN$ 16.00