march Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports boutiques-francophones Tools Registry

on August 16, 2013
One of the BEST b-movies of the late 80s, early 90s. Derivative? Sure. Fun? TONS! From Bradley Gregg's unconvincing (but hilarious) tough-guy hoodlum, to John P. Ryan's hammy pro-corporal punishment teacher. And Pam Grier leaves quite an impression, but is sadly a bit underused. A helluva lot more entertaining than Class of 1984, endlessly re-watchable. One of my personal favourites finally unrated, widescreen and on DVD, but where's the Special Edition blu ray from Shout Factory (hint hint)?
on July 14, 2003
Mark L. Lester's 1989 sci-fi/action film about a futuristic high school where groups of gangs wearing some of the goofiest clothes imaginable run areas surrounding high schools. These areas known as "free fire zones" are run exclusively by the gangs. In Seattle, a principal of one of those schools hires a defense department operative to build "cyborg teachers" to maintain order in his classrooms.
One of the gangs is lead by Cody Culp (played by Bradley Gregg of "Stand By Me" fame), a freshly-paroled gangbanger hoping to go straight and stay out of trouble. The rival gang is lead by Hector (Jimmy Medina Tagert), a Hispanic thug looking to take out his agressions on Cody. This film features performances from such cult favorites as Pam Grier, Stacy Keach, Malcom McDowell, and Patrick Kilpatrick.
I first saw this movie on HBO when I was eleven-years-old and I really enjoyed it. It's really just an old-fashioned over-the-top science fiction movie. It doesn't exactly stand up to the test of time in some areas but it's still good for a few laughs and has some of the better special effects you will see from that era of movies.
A definite "guilty pleasure" by all means but still thoroughly entertaining. A film with a similar theme, THE FACULTY, was released in 1998. The movie is similar in theme though the teachers are aliens, this time, instead of cyborgs. Not half as good and way too commercial but I will admit that Josh Hartnett kicked [tail] in it (though he's no Bradley Gregg). If you've seen "Faculty", why not go and pick up this little cult film and see if you like it.
on September 14, 2002
Ah, this is one of my favorite old movies. I caught this way back in 1990 or 1991. At that time the year 1999 (in the eyes of a fifteen-year-old) seemed to be a very distant future.
OK, so the year is 1999, and America's highschools have a tendency of turning into warzones. A possible solution to this problem is presented by highschool principal Langford, the Department of Educational Defense and a developer of killer-cyborgs, Megatech.
In Seattle, three new teachers are introduced in what little still remains of Kennedy High. Unknown to the students, their new teachers aren't even human. But when more and more students wind up dead it becomes clear that Megatech's cyborgs have grown out of control.
I love this movie! I have always enjoyed science fiction, and this movie delivers. It's got a bit of excellent action, provides some laughs and a spectacular final with some surprisingly good special effects! It's all got this sort of campy feel to it that I really enjoy in movies. And does anyone out there know the song "Come The Day - Class of 1999" by Midge Ure? It's at the end of the movie, and worth checking out as well!
on August 4, 2001
I loved this movie from the first time I watched it. It is innovative, action packed, mezmerizing, and interesting. I didn't want to miss a second of this movie. I love that it had futuristic angle about it. The setting was in a complete warzone, and there was non-stop action. I can't speak for anyone else but Bradley Gregg was definitely hott to me, and a fantastic actor. To cut this short, I loved all the shooting, the guns, the violence, and the bloodshed. This movie definitely gets a 10 from me.
on July 15, 2000
okies, now to you all who have seen this movie, good choice, to who wants to see it, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! bradley does an outstanding performance as Cody Culp. And mainly that's all to it. This movie is a must see, it's got everything for both sexes, cody for females and war for males. Anyone wit info on Bradley Gregg don't hesitate to email me: vanessa@lyrics.com spanx
on March 29, 2000
i know it's guilty pleasure, but i loved this movie. if you find anything on bradley gregg e-mail me! the last time i saw him was on the jenny jones show, but accident...she said he was a member of her staff. anyway, this movie is about teens outwitting adults, esp. teachers, and takes place in my hometown of detroit, mi. rah for the teens!
on March 23, 1999
This movie is very interesting.It is very violent. I surprizingly enjoyed this movie,but I did feel a bit affended by the way the director thought of tennagers.He displayed thim as evil hell raisers that needed to be killed.But it was preety cool when Pam Grier rips of her human skin at the end.
on February 13, 1999
This film is great. In fact, it is the greatest film about High School. It has such a great concept! And it has been ripped off by the recent THE FACULTY and many other wanna-be's. Buy this movie now!
on December 10, 2000
I don't know which movie you people saw, but in my opinion, this movie was terrible. The only good thing about it is it's comedic value. That, and I watched it with a total hottie.
on December 10, 2000
I dunno what movie you saw, but this movie is terrible. The only good thing about it is it's comedic value. That, and I watched it with a total hottie.