5.0 out of 5 stars Good movie
Really happy I found this on amazon for a very good price. Haven't watch it in a very long time. No regrets I got it.
Published 5 months ago by Kimberley

3.0 out of 5 stars Prehistoric Halle!
Halle Berry in prehistoric times...if it were true I'd have loved to have been there. The movie is entertaining for the whole family. It's an amusing movie but the highlight for me was the sexy seductress, miss Sharon Stone...played by the most beatiful women in all of hollywood, Miss Halle Berry. The movie gets 3 stars...Halle gets 5:)
Published on Oct. 10 2003 by Shyblader

3.0 out of 5 stars Yabba Dabba Poo!, Oct. 19 2002
Timotee (Torrance, CA USA) - See all my reviews
"The Flintstones" could have been so much better. The cast is perfect including John Goodman, Elizabeth Perkins, Rick Moranis, Rosie O'Donnell, Kyle MacLachlan and Halle Berry. Can it get any betta? Kind of based on the cartoon, a slimy executive wants to humiliate Fred Flintstone. That's basically the story. You really have to watch this movie for the actors. Forget Elizabeth Taylor making a cameo which ruined everybody's lives. People still hate bird poo splattering all over their vehicles. Look at Halle Berry, Fred Flintstone should've been saying 'yabba dabba woo!' But, in most cases, the movie isn't for everybody and it might have people saying it's a big piece of 'yabba dabba poo.'

5.0 out of 5 stars A *FANTASTIC* Movie!!, Sept. 24 2002
"jem-aja" (Kingston, Georgia United States) - See all my reviews
I have loved this movie since it first came to the theatre. I must have seen it at least twelve times in the theatres. After I watched the movie at the theatre I simply had to have the soundtrack. At the time I only bought cassettes, so I got the Flintstones cassette. Just yesterday, I bought the Flintstones soundtrack on CD. When the movie came out on VHS I bought it. I plan on buynig the DVD.
Rick Moranis is one of my all time favorite actors. He was a fantastic at playing Barney Rubble. Barney was always my favorite character.
A few years ago, when I went to Orlando, Florida I got to see the actual Flintstones car, and some of the other props from the film. Naturally, I had to have pictures taken of them.
If you haven't seen this film I suggest going to your local Blockbuster and renting it. You won't be disapointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Flinstones Review, Aug. 6 2002
This review is from: Flintstones, the (VHS Tape)
Well let me tell you this movie may be a little old but is a great movie that all the family together must see. The movie is about Fred who has a best friend named barney and one day Fred gave to barney money so Barney and his wife could addopt a little boy. When they went to the addoption place barney and his wife thought there little boy was a monkey but the little monkey boy was for another family. Then bamm bamm came out from behind the lady that gave the babies that people addopt. After that Fred was ready to take a test at his job. It was hard for him to the test but by paying fred back barney changed his test for Fred's test so Fred had a new jod but also it wasn't a good jod. Well actually if you want to know more see the movie its great for childrens any age!!

5.0 out of 5 stars YABBA-DABBA-DOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!, June 26 2002
By A Customer
This is one great remake and this movie is better than the cartoon, why John Goodman makes a good Frederick "Fred" Flintstone, including Elizabeth Perkins (who plays Wilma Slaghoople Flintstone made her hair like Wilma's hair, and I wonder how Rick Moranis who plays Barney Rubble, would look without his glasses, and how Rosie O'Donnell who plays Betty McBricker Rubble, can go from crazy, funny voice to sweet, little voice, and Kyle MacLachlan makes a good villian, and i was funny when he said that bad word spoken in stone age. (Son of a Brachiolosophus), and Halle Berry looks sexy again, when she played Sharon Stone. So this should be A+++++ Material, so if you think this remake is stupid, you are stupid, because this movie owns 5 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yabba-Dabba-Doo-Doo!, April 22 2002
This review is from: Flintstones, the (VHS Tape)
One would think that after "Popeye", Hollywood would have stopped trying to adapt cartoons to live action features, but apparently someone didn't get the word in time. If nothing else, this film proves beyond all doubt that "Popeye" wasn't as bad as it gets. It is no great shock to see Rick Moranis and Rosie O'Donnell in this film, as both have proven time and again that they will take on any available role, no matter how awful, for a buck, but it is particularly sad to see a talented actor like John Goodman mixed up in something this bad. It is boring, pointless, and a complete waste of time. Stick to the cartoons, and avoid this mess.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot better than E.T, Dec 12 2001
Stephen Verhaeren (Palos Park, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flintstones, the (VHS Tape)
I can't not believe that was Rick Moranis as Barney Rubble. And I'll give you a good reason. Where's his glasses? I saw me wearing glasses in Honey We Shrunk Ourselves. And I'm sure that he wear glasses in the other Honey movies. I aslo have glasses on my face. As the movie opens, Fred Flintstone (John Goodman) has secrtly lent Barney Rubble (Rick Moranis) money so he and his wife Betty Rubble (Rosie O'Donnell) can adpot a kid. But when Fred's wife Wilma (Elizabeth Perkins) wants to buy a new garbage pig, and finds thier savings account empty. She questions Fred about it. And Fred says "I gave it to Barney."

1.0 out of 5 stars Slipping still slipping I slipped !, Oct. 23 2001
This review is from: Flintstones, the (VHS Tape)
This is a zzzzzz type of movie I mean what kind of brainless ... would put Rosie O' Donnell down as Betty I mean what is this Idotic Casting Zone and another thing John Goodman is no Fred I think he has done better and I think Pebbles should have been played by a YOUNGER Kids as too Bam Bam The baby that played Mary in Three Men And A Baby should have played Pebbles in my opion hey at least she was younger .I like the second one best ! The casting is right ,the music is terrfic ,and the casting is good here is what I have too say . Bye the second ... the first . Toodles !

2.0 out of 5 stars A Bad Version Of The Flintstones, July 13 2001
Robert Cornelius (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flintstones, the (VHS Tape)
The reason I gave this movie two stars was because, it was a waste of time, and nothing good even happened. Still, it's an okay movie. Not that bad for the family. Kids might think it's pretty funny.
If there's anything I can tell you, I'd say, "the choice is yours". Rent it if you like. It's up to you.

2.0 out of 5 stars A couple good actors in a weak production, March 4 2001
This review is from: Flintstones, the (VHS Tape)
I've been a Flintstones fan since I was a little kid. (a long time!) So I was dissapointed by this movie. The producers tried too hard to make it the ultimate feel-good movie. The Flintstones overflowed with goofy sentimentality to the point of being sickenly sweet. Halfway through the movie I was ready to vomit pure sugar. I did like the scenery. It reproduces the bright colors and fanciful stone age setting of the cartoon series. John Goodman and Rick Moranis did a good job trying hard to salvage the sappy script they were given. I would have liked to have seen anyone other than Rosie O'donnell in this film. Who told her she could act? One other thing I found strange was Halle Berry with her 1990's buzzcut hairstyle. Her look is definately not the kind of style I would expect to see in a film that is set in the stone age.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yabba-Dabba-Dumb!, Oct. 8 2000
This review is from: Flintstones, the (VHS Tape)
I am a huge Flintstone fan. I use to watch the cartoon show all the time when I was a kid and I still do. But when I heard about the Flintstone movie I was so excited. When I saw The Flintstones in the theater, I really didn't like the movie. The acting was terrible. I was a little disappointed that they put John Goodman as Fred Flintstone. He didn't even look like Fred. Rick Moranis played a great Barney Rubble and Elizabeth Perkins as Wilma she sure did good. Well, there's nothing more to say about this movie because the cartoon show is better. But this movie really sucks! Don't plan on renting it or buying it! Stick with the cartoon show.

ARRAY(0xb3e106d8)

Flintstones, the
Flintstones, the by Brian Levant (VHS Tape - 2001)
Used & New from: CDN$ 1.54