Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Home, Kitchen and Garden Gift Guide

Format: VHS TapeChange

on April 22, 2002
One would think that after "Popeye", Hollywood would have stopped trying to adapt cartoons to live action features, but apparently someone didn't get the word in time. If nothing else, this film proves beyond all doubt that "Popeye" wasn't as bad as it gets. It is no great shock to see Rick Moranis and Rosie O'Donnell in this film, as both have proven time and again that they will take on any available role, no matter how awful, for a buck, but it is particularly sad to see a talented actor like John Goodman mixed up in something this bad. It is boring, pointless, and a complete waste of time. Stick to the cartoons, and avoid this mess.
on December 12, 2001
I can't not believe that was Rick Moranis as Barney Rubble. And I'll give you a good reason. Where's his glasses? I saw me wearing glasses in Honey We Shrunk Ourselves. And I'm sure that he wear glasses in the other Honey movies. I aslo have glasses on my face. As the movie opens, Fred Flintstone (John Goodman) has secrtly lent Barney Rubble (Rick Moranis) money so he and his wife Betty Rubble (Rosie O'Donnell) can adpot a kid. But when Fred's wife Wilma (Elizabeth Perkins) wants to buy a new garbage pig, and finds thier savings account empty. She questions Fred about it. And Fred says "I gave it to Barney."
on July 11, 2003
The Flintstones is light-hearted, and very entertaining, and sometimes that is all films are meant to do, entertain! The first thing I noticed about this film was that it had a GREAT CAST: Rosie O'Donnell, John Goodman, Halle Berry, and Kyle MacLachlan. I really also enjoyed this film because it is something that you can watch as a family. I was never a fan of the old TV show, but I LOVED this movie. I saw it on TV, and I am going to buy this DVD very soon! Watch it, you will enjoy it! Also, don't think it is "a kids movie", adults can enjoy it, too! 4 stars (****) for THE FLINTSTONES!!!!!!!!!!
on October 23, 2001
This is a zzzzzz type of movie I mean what kind of brainless ... would put Rosie O' Donnell down as Betty I mean what is this Idotic Casting Zone and another thing John Goodman is no Fred I think he has done better and I think Pebbles should have been played by a YOUNGER Kids as too Bam Bam The baby that played Mary in Three Men And A Baby should have played Pebbles in my opion hey at least she was younger .I like the second one best ! The casting is right ,the music is terrfic ,and the casting is good here is what I have too say . Bye the second ... the first . Toodles !
on September 17, 2003
I love The Flintstones, in any shape or form that I can see them. I remember wonderful memories of watching them on TV with my children and now with my grandchildren and I was delighted when the movie came out, I was not disappointed!
John Goodman is great as Fred,rough around the edges but yet
quite loveable! The casting was great, the scenery was great, everything about this movie was just plain fun! That is what it's all about and what it should be about! Fred gets in trouble, Barney bails him out! Simple! Fun! Entertaining!
What more do you want?
on March 27, 1999
While not quite as horrible in translation to big screen as Popeye was, this is in same ballpark. If you are buying for the kids, they will appreciate the cartoon more than this garbage. In a day where creativity is seemingly nonexistent, there are some things that should be considered off limits to the Hollywood scum that wants to remake everything for the almighty dollar. THIS IS ABSOLUTE SACRILE GE! Buy the animated version (by the way, what happened to the concept of Betty being a babe as opposed to the pig they have playing her role?).
on May 31, 2000
"Yo, Brian, why don't we make some money with some old cartoon classic"? "Sure thing, Dude, which piece should we pick?" "Why don't we take The Flintstones, it shouldn't be too hard!" "Great idea! But wait, the effects are easy to make, but the plot, oh the plot, it's damn hard to create!" "Oh c'mon, screw the plot, the kids will buy it off! " "Right on! We're going for the money!" "All the way! "
on April 29, 1999
This little piece of lunacy is pure dinosaur doo-doo. It is neither interesting nor funny, largely because of the horribly lame script. The cast is also lacking. Moranis is dreadful (as usual), and O'Donnell is even worse. How this unattractive, annoying and grotesque non-actress could have been cast as Betty is beyond comprehension. Stick with the cartoons and avoid this piece of junk. P.U.!
on April 15, 2003
This movie was a pleasant surprise, proving a great deal more amusing and less slapstick than I'd anticipated. Especially interesting was Kyle MacLachlan as a goofy pseudo-menace out to dupe Fred Flintstone. Liz Taylor was a nice touch, but nothing beat MacLachlan as a laughably greedy power monger with a subtle recurrent obsession (as in his other films)with his own feet.
on September 4, 1999
i have no idea why people complanned about this movie just because rosie o'donnalled played barney's wife in this and the fact that barney's wife is really thin in the cartoon i mean really you guy's it is a cartoon in cartoon people can be un realisticly thin when in real life i good actress who happens to be a little chubby can play barney's wife perfectly.