4.0 out of 5 stars Short and Sweet for Little Dancers!
Published on Oct. 1 2002 by georgia991

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for right age group
Published on Aug. 1 2000 by Phil NYC

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for right age group, Aug. 1 2000
I recently rewatched this video with my now 4 year old, and realize that my prior 2 star pan (below) was unfair. The editing is a bit hyperactive, but the Olsen twins are very appealing, there is plenty of NYC atmosphere, and there are some not-bad songs and dance numbers. There are three speaking parts by real NYC Ballet dancers (playing NYC Ballet dancers). They won't win any Oscars, but they add a tone of legitimacy to this ballet party. The video is not bad as these things go, but it is too much for toddlers. Step up a year or two, and it is fine.
Here's my earlier review:
My 2 1/2 year old daughter loves both ballet and the Olsen twins, so this seemed like a natural for her. Unfortunately, the overactive editing of the sequences (cribbing, alternately, from the Monkees TV show and the movie Flashdance) make watching the video a real chore. It's a great idea for a video and the Olsens are appealing personalities -- but the editing sinks it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and Sweet for Little Dancers!, Oct. 1 2002
My four year old daughter LOVES this video. She puts on her leotard and ballet shoes and acts out the entire thing while it is on and even when it isn't. A lot of people talk about how videos are destructive "babysitters" but the imagination I see my daughter using as a result of this video makes me disagree. Also, it is "only" 30 minutes long, so if you want to curb your little one's appetite for TV, you can pop this one in and it's over before it gets to be "too much." Order it and have fun!

3.0 out of 5 stars You're Invited to Mary-Kate and Ashley's Chrismas Party, Dec 2 2001
By A Customer
I thought Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's Christmas video was okay. It was nothing like how a real party would be, but it did have some really interesting footage. First of all, it shows Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen on their family ski trip in Vail, Colorado. It also sends a good message to younger viewers about how Christmas is a time for sharing and giving, not just taking and being mean. I would recomend this Olsen video to any Olsen fan, and anyone who has a child, or is a child at the age of ten and under. Hope this helps!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Olen Video with no story line (barely!), May 12 1999
By A Customer
This Olsen video is about how they waited to the last minuite to plan the birthday party. They need ideas to plan the party, so they think of an idea then sing a song about it. I watched it so much!! They go to six flags and sing a really cool song, an they have a pool party, that song is very fun!!! This is a pretty good Olsen video, but the camping one is better! They learned how to act, dance and sing better in that one! They didn't open presants, that made me mad, that's the best part of a birthday!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for aspiring ballerinas, Oct. 1 2002
My 4-year-old daughter loves this video. She just started taking ballet classes, and this video shows her little girls learning how to dance as well as adult professionals in New York--real life prima ballerinas.
It's a well-made video with catchy songs and a positive message--that getting good at anything requires lots of practice, and that even if you're not the best dancer in the world, it's still a fun and healthy thing to do.
I definitely recommend this for any little girl who enjoys ballet.

5.0 out of 5 stars cool, Nov. 17 2002
this video is the cutest video ever!!! the olsen twins are really adorable and the songs are so cute!!! if you're a mk and ash's fan you'll love this video a lot, if you're not....well... i think that you will!!!! i live in paris and it's very hard buying olsen twins' things and i always have to make the good choice when i buy a video on the web....well... i'm not Bill Gates!!!lol!and I can tell you that this video is my better choice ever!!
kiss to the USA from all your french friends!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Three videos, Aug. 13 2000
This review is from: Mk&a Olsen Twins Set (VHS Tape)
I ordered this thinking that it was all of Mary-Kate and Ashley's videos. Instead of getting them all, I got three, I guess it is a good deal. I got the seaworld adventure, volcano mystery, and hotel who-done-it. My guess is that they randomly chose three videos and rap them up together, or just give the three I mentioned. I hope that I helped you out, because when I came here, I was kind of disappointed that no one had written a review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Three videos for the price of one !, June 23 2001
John Fougere "foumarejohn" (Cranston, Rhode Island United States) - See all my reviews
In The Aazing Adventures OF Mary-Kate & Ashley you get three videos on one tape one and a half hours to keep the kids happy my three year old loves it what you get on this video. Is the case of the Sea world adventure with that wonderful whale ! U.S. space camp mission and Who done it. Three videos on one tape hand picked by Mary-Kate and Ashley Fans well worth the price alone five stars for all of them !!!

3.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves this video, July 18 1999
By A Customer
My 2 1/2 year old daughter loves Mary Kate and Ashley's Party series. My favorite is the campout video. As for the ballet video, my young daughter has learned all of the words to Satin Shoes and has been showing me how a ballerina positions her feet. I think that it is important for everyone involved in the making of these videos that the twins are role models for our little girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary Kate and Ashley's You're Invited to a Ballet Party, Jan. 10 2000
My three year old daughter has learned several steps, her dance classes have not produced, thanks to this video. I love it, she loves it, even my nieces loved it! They watched it and we rewind the tape and they watched it again, like they had never seen it. I love the songs, the dance steps, everything! I would recommend this to anyone who has a little ballerina, or just for fun!

The Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley: The Case of the Christmas Caper