4.0 out of 5 stars A Big Ole Moose Butt
A classically structured old time villian vs the good guy film, with the obligatory sidekicks and the beautiful love interest, who will eventually succumb to the charms of The hero. More about that later. OK, the stereotypes are there, but that's what the movie was about. Charging from the gate with the player piano, boos and hiss when the cast boards are shown, the movie...
Published on Jan. 25 2004 by D. Eichholz

1.0 out of 5 stars DVD version is fullscreen not widescreen
The movie is spectacular. This DVD version is a bomb. Shame on Warner Brothers for their greediness and lack of effort to bring widescreen versions to the masses including updated soundtracks and clean film reels!
Published on Sept. 16 2003 by No longer in OZ!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of Fun, April 5 1999
Dan Crawford (Greenville, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Great Race,the (VHS Tape)
Jack Lemmon steals the show with his "Professor Fate" This is one my all-time favorites. An all-star cast with famous actors before they were stars. (like Peter Falk)

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite movie of all time. I've seen it 15 times, March 30 1999
This review is from: Great Race,the (VHS Tape)
that says it all and probably tells you everything you need to know about me as well. the advantage of being simple minded is that you are easily distracted and entertained. Look for the variation of Lemmon's laughter, from sniggering to belly busts. Perhaps 20 different laugh methods.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a wonderful family film!, Feb. 28 1999
M. Kirby (Wentzville,Mo) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Great Race,the (VHS Tape)
I first saw this movie when I was in grade school with my dad. We both like Lemmon's performance as professor fate, and the Prince of potsdorf. It's remained one of my favorite movies since I first saw it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Push the button, Max!, Feb. 16 1999
This review is from: Great Race,the (VHS Tape)
A must for Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis fans--but to be honest, everyone except Felix Ungar's alter-ego were sleepwalking their way through this movie. Jack Lemmon made it all worthwhile in his over-the-top portrayal of the villain, Prof. Fate--"Fate the Magnificent!" 7:30 in the morning, you idiots, I'm seasick! Enough said.

5.0 out of 5 stars This flick brings memories of my family laughing together!, Feb. 13 1999
This review is from: Great Race,the (VHS Tape)
If you enjoy a family comedy and want to laugh with your kids for a lifetime....then push the button Max!

5.0 out of 5 stars Professor Fate was my idol in my chilhood, Jan. 29 1999
This review is from: Great Race,the (VHS Tape)
I watch this movie at least 20 times and I know most of the repliques by heart. I have not much to say, just see it to believe me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Light Hearted Fun, Jan. 6 1999
This review is from: Great Race,the (VHS Tape)
This movie is a great escape. Lots of funny stuff and if you like old cars it is great.

Great Race,the
Great Race,the by Blake Edwards (VHS Tape - 2001)
Used & New from: CDN$ 36.99