5.0 out of 5 stars Raw REM. Does it get any better?
Great show, great direction, great editing, great songs.
The greatest band.
Buy this DVD NOW!
Published on July 2 2003 by G. Mantovani

3.0 out of 5 stars It`s good
Considering there is a video on a "life concert" I think It`s pretty good. Maybe the sound could be better.
I liked the "jump video" from one concert to other.
Anyway every R.E.M fan must have it. R.E.M fan BUY IT!!
Published on Oct. 1 2001 by sandra

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars As Good As Tourfilm, March 14 2004
Ray McConnell (Saginaw, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Road Movie (DVD)
I have purchased both Tourfilm and Road Movie as my interest in R.E.M. has renewed since seeing them in concert in Detroit last Fall. Road Movie is definitely getting overly criticized, and I believe that this is occurring for one reason: many folks prefer the old R.E.M. and do not like the Monster album, upon which much of Road Movie is concentrated. I, myself, delayed buying Road Movie for several months because of this criticism. The sound on this DVD is NOT bad or distorted. The sound on this DVD reflects the R.E.M. sound of the Monster era. They are a great band because their sound changes with each album. I believe they are the greatest American band ever. They are not the greatest rock and roll band ever because calling them a rock and roll band is way too limiting on them. They are much more than that! I would suggest to anyone with an interest in this DVD that they play Monster ALOT before they watch it. I did not like Monster for a long time, but I finally gave it a chance by listening to it all the way through in the car several times. Eventually, I was hooked by the passion. Listen especially to the song "Let Me In" several times. The song, at first, sounds like a distorted mess, but then the intensity of the thing just blows you away. I also believe the concert footage is very well done. It gave me a sense of the concert experience much more than did Tourfilm, where the cameras seemed more distant from the stage. In summation, do not avoid this DVD. Buy Tourfilm and Road Movie. I also look forward to buying "Perfect Square" when it comes out next week. I only regret that "Driver 8" is not on ANY of their live DVD's. That is a HUGE oversight!

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointing, Sept. 30 2003
This review is from: Road Movie (DVD)
The sound quality of this DVD is inferior to every single music DVD I own. It's very distorted and you can barely make out Michael Stipes voice over all the noise. The camera work is equally as dissappointing. If REM wanted to give their fans a decent product, they should take a look at Springsteen in NY, or John Mayer's DVD. This is a poor effort for a band I love to put their name on. It's wasn't worth the money I spent and you should save yourself the same frustration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Raw REM. Does it get any better?, July 2 2003
G. Mantovani (Campinas, SP, Brazil) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Road Movie (DVD)
Great show, great direction, great editing, great songs.
The greatest band.
Buy this DVD NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, Sept. 10 2002
David Freis "FREIS" (Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Road Movie (DVD)
What are you waiting for...click on the order button.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peter Buck Is At It Again....Money Talks!!, April 5 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Road Movie (DVD)
See Peter Buck buy his way out of another scandel!
Cooool!!

3.0 out of 5 stars It`s good, Oct. 1 2001
This review is from: Road Movie (DVD)
I liked the "jump video" from one concert to other.
Anyway every R.E.M fan must have it. R.E.M fan BUY IT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars its just the best, June 21 2000
This review is from: Road Movie (DVD)
i consider my self as huge fan of this band and this is why it is easier for mr to say this. R.E.M. is well known for her hugh gigs and they really dont need another dvd to show for it, but in this product they really outscore themselfs. this dvd show in a very uniqe way how huge this band is and how multi-colored stipe is.In many of this dvd songs u can really feel u are there and u just been pushed in the crowed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound quality makes this a "must avoid", April 30 2000
This review is from: Road Movie (DVD)
I have all REM's CDs and then some, and consider myself a huge fan. Video-wise and performance- wise, I'm happy with this DVD. However, the sound quality is absouluely the worst of any legitimate concert video I've seen/heard. I'm not sure how anyone can possibly consider this a 4- or 5- (or even 3) star video/DVD (See other reviews). It's possible to make a concert video with clean, strong, soundboard audio and still have that raw, live concert feel. The producer of this DVD did not do that. This should be avoided by all but the REM completist.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have For Any REM Fans or Concert Video Fans, Jan. 27 2000
Steve Milani (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Road Movie (DVD)
This DVD shows concert footage from the end of REM's "Monster" tour and the performance was very high energy and up-tempo throughout. I've been following the band since their first album, but haven't caught them live since the "Green" tour. I was definitely not disappointed by this loose and raucous performance. Michael Stipe's stage presence is as strong as ever, and Mike Mills looks like he's having the time of his life throughout the performance.
After reading some other reviews of this DVD I was a little hesitant to buy this disc. However, the comments about the low production quality and terrible sound are completely unjustified. Obviously, this concert footage was shot with several different types of film and edited to look "raw". If you're expecting a crystal clear picture with "studio recorded" sound, then you shouldn't be buying this concert disc. However, if you want a great look at what it would have been like to be upfront at the end of REM's "Monster" tour, you'll be immensely satisfied. This is one of the best DVD's I own.

1.0 out of 5 stars pass, Jan. 5 2000
Jay Baker (Plano, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Road Movie (DVD)
The audio quality is garbage. I have to question the performance too. They sound like a garage band. This seems like something that was thrown together.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Road Movie
Road Movie by Peter Care (DVD - 1999)
CDN$ 27.99 CDN$ 21.23