5.0 out of 5 stars I Still Know...
Great late 90's teen slasher film... If you liked the original I Know, Scream 1-3 or Urban Legend then chances are you'll enjoy this movie!
Published on Aug. 15 2008 by Summer_Nights

3.0 out of 5 stars I STILL love curling up with this movie
I know its bad ,cheesy and laughably unscary for a film that is supposed to be; but its so enjoyable that who honestly gives a damn?A perfect popcorn flick.
Published on May 31 2004 by adriana

5.0 out of 5 stars I Still Know..., Aug. 15 2008

3.0 out of 5 stars I STILL love curling up with this movie, May 31 2004
adriana "alisa" (Los Angeles,CA,USA) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars He still knows..., April 17 2004
This review is from: I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (DVD)
He still knows what you did last summer... or wait... he still knows what you did the summer before last summer which means he still knows what he knew last summer about last summer. Gotcha.
Over the past few weeks, I decided to take a little trip down memory lane in watching the horror films I loved as a teenager (re: the post-"Scream" renaissance). Since I've grown up just a little bit over the past few years, I realize there's only four really worthy successors to the entertaining originator even if they do generally pale in comparison. They are "Scream 2," "Urban Legend," "I Know What You Did Last Summer" and "Halloween H20." To a lesser extent, the third "Scream" was pretty good, as well. So, here I was watching "I Still Know..." and wondering why the heck I was so scared by it six years ago.
When I saw it in theaters, the stand-out sequence for me was when Jennifer Love Hewitt was trapped in the tanning bed. My heart was pounding and I was literally on the edge of my seat. How will she get out of this one?! WHEW! Good thing she screams like a banshee and Mekhi Pfeiffer & Co. showed up to save the day. But as I watch it again, only one thing enters my mind: why didn't the fisherman just lift the lid and impale Jennifer with his hook? Did he want this girl to suffer a slow, agonizing death in the vein of being roasted alive? If so, why would he leave after securing the bed? Wouldn't a guy who hates this girl so much stay to watch her wallow in pain and agony? Nah. I figure the fisherman wanted her to be rescued since he knew the male audience wanted to see more of Hewitt in a wet t-shirt and he didn't want to disappoint the producers.
Hewitt turns in a very decent performance, but the rest of the actors range from marginally talented to just plain terrible. The script seems like it was written in one day, the photography is dismally bad, the editing is overly-frantic and the direction is hack-level. But, it is entertaining. This is one of those movies where you couldn't care less who bites it next, so the kills don't exactly tug at your heart. You pretty much want most of these people to die. One character in particular annoyed the crap outta me. As much as I like Jack Black, I couldn't wait for him to die. And it's a good one. Very deserved.
I couldn't decide whether to give this film two or three stars, so I just rate it a 2.5. It's nothing special, and it won't scare you on those dark and stormy nights, but it is pretty entertaining in a dumb kind of way (like the first, which had just a little more class than this one). Recommended if you like this kind of stuff or want to see a close-up of Jennifer Love Hewitt's assets.

2.0 out of 5 stars So Many Faults, So Little Time, Feb. 29 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (DVD)
Before you even think of wasting your money or time on this movie give me at least a few seconds to try to warn you.
Okay, the first film was an accidental hit to begin with. The acting was lame, the plot boring and the actors nearly imbearable. All except for Prinze Jr. who proves he was probably the only one who attended acting school. Still he didn't sell me on that film and he didn't sell me on this sequel either.
Jennifer Love Hewitt ( I don't watch her movies but I still like her ). She's vibrant and is a good actress if given good material. This was definitely not good material. This sequel was pathetic. It was the same film as the first. The only exception was they added two black people to the cast. ( An obvious ploy to lure us ( blacks ) to watch this film ) as if we're so dumb we'll just go because blacks are in it? It takes a lot more than a faithful minority audience to save this. I had been avoiding this film but decided to give it a try because I was bored to tears. I was pissed because Freddie Prinze Jr. spent the entire two hours with people who weren't significant to the film. It was as if he only returned so you could remember it was a sequel. There were too many wasted people and the twists were laughable. There was nothing original about this movie. I gave it two stars because I love Mikhi Pfeiffer. Other than that, I wouldn't have given it a second thought. Jennifer's part was dumbed down just to appear in this sequel. And Brandy...don't get me started. Brandy cannot act! We all know this but somewhere, someone decided she needed to be in this film. It's obvious the part was made for Brandy because she didn't contribute any real acting abilities. I applaud her effort at her first feature film but now I see why Hollywood isn't begging her back. Pfeiffer was the only shining light, the only spark and he gets killed just when they give him something to do! There was no reason for him to get killed and there was no reason for this movie. I don't even want to waste anymore time talking about this. Just don't watch this. If you want to see a real horror rent Jeepers Creepers or Urban Legends. The only thing scary about this sequel was that I have a feeling another one is on the way. Not worth anyone's time or money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Have not seen, but read the book, Feb. 21 2004
This review is from: I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (DVD)
I have read the book, I know whats you did last summer by Lois Duncan, and have not seen either movie, but today I am going to go pick them up @ Blockbuster, becasue they sound pretty good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average Movie with Great Acting!!, Feb. 15 2004
M. Tennis "Yayo G" (West Terre Haute, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (DVD)
This isn't exactly the scariest movie ever or the most original, but it does have just about the best acting I've ever seen in a horror movie. Jennifer Love Hewitt and Jennifer Espisito are great. Jack Black also does an excellent job. I definetly reccomend this show. It is an all around good time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Horror film, Feb. 15 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (DVD)
After watching "Final Destanation" I had to see this film. I didn't see the beginning of the movie, but I still enjoyed it. Most of the killing scenes are just screaming and blood. Although, I found the scene where Julie gets locked in the tanning machine quite disturbing. I give this film 4 stars because some of the acting was cheaply done. But, if you want a good horror film that makes you jump every now and then, this film is for you.

2.0 out of 5 stars could have been, Jan. 1 2004
This review is from: I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (DVD)
OK Since this was a sequel, we all knew what was gonna happen. The man is gonna be coming back after her to kill her once and for all. But some how her and her girlfriend excape any major cuts or killings. Sometimes entertaining but not worth a watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worthly sequeal, Dec 28 2003
I watch this all the time it plays on T.V I rent it sometimes.I think this one is a little bit better than the first one, they in Jamacia, yes its better.Jennifer Love Hewitt is just getting hotter and hotter, god I'll smack that ass.But this one is a worth watched horror film.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sequal didn't make it as well as the first did.., Dec 5 2003
This review is from: I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (DVD)
The sequal was very pretty in terms of scenery and the characters (Jennfer Love Hewitt)! the acting wasn't as good as the first. Was also kind of cheesy in some parts. The black guy Mikhi Phipher obviously dies because the character who thinks he is a "bad ass" always dies. The twist was good. But again the plot was kind of dumb and some of it didn't add up. A good movie of you like JLH though.

I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer by Danny Cannon (DVD - 2001)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 7.00