5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as expected. Good movie.
Shipping was exactly as expected. Rescuers is a classic movie that my wife enjoyed thoroughly as a child, and we both enjoyed it again as adults.
Published on Dec 29 2010 by Andrew Seburn

3.0 out of 5 stars Widescreen--sort of
Published on June 15 2003

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as expected. Good movie., Dec 29 2010
Andrew Seburn - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, fun and wonderful, June 6 2010
I just love this movie. Two cute mice venture on a mission to save a little girl and bring her happiness to boot. They don't make them like this anymore!! I wonder why the second film is not on sale anymore...

5.0 out of 5 stars One of My favorite Disney Movies!!!!, May 4 2004
This review is from: The Rescuers (VHS Tape)
ONE of my favorite Disney movies along with Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. This is the story of two mice of the rescue aid society ,out to save a kidannped girl named penny. the story and music is beautiful. that song someone's waiting for you brings a tear to my eye and i am 28 years old! this movie is a classic!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this movie!, Oct. 28 2003
This review is from: The Rescuers (VHS Tape)
This movie has been my favorite since I was a little girl. I love the music and the characters. It's a classic that every child should own and watch again and again. I still watch it every now and again and sing along with the songs. Bernard and Bianca are adorable! I recommend this to anyone young or old!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cruella de Ville has met her match. HERE;S MADAME MADUSA!!!, Aug. 11 2003
This review is from: The Rescuers (VHS Tape)
Besides Cruella de Ville and Ursula the sea witch, Madusa was my favortie villain of all. It all starts when the rescue aid society is summoned to answer a call for help from an orphan girl by the name of Penny. With enough begging, Miss Bianca gets the job of helping Penny but it is insisted that she has a man go with her. Her choice? Janitor Benard. Off they go to very very daring ways to save Penny from the clutches of Madame Madusa, her clusmy ... partner Mr. Snoops and her two aligators. You wont be sorry you got this. If you loved Ursula for "The Little Mermaid" and Cruella de Ville from "101 Dalmations", you'll love Madusa from "The Rescuers". You'll also loves Snoops Clumsiness. IT'S PRICLESS.

4.0 out of 5 stars Swamp is no place for 2 mice named Bernard and Miss Bianca, Aug. 10 2003
JediMack (VALRICO, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rescuers (VHS Tape)
Swamp is no place for 2 mice named Bernard and Miss Bianca The rescuers is high adventure and comedy that the whole family enjoys. We have given this movie 4 stars and rank it 11th out of 41 which is like a B. The stars of this story are the two mice who set out to rescue Penny from the evil Madame Medusa. They fly to the assignment via Orville Albatross. Imagine two mice having to deal with cut throat crooks and gators in the swamp. There is fun, mayhem, dry subtle humor from Newhart and slap stick.
We had a lot of fun by gathering the family together to rank the 41 Disney movies we have that include some cartoon work. All the kids, ages 6 to 27, participated along with mother and dad. Peter Pan is no Codfish, we rank it #2. Lion King was selected number 1 of the 41 as the family favorite, but narrowly. Peter Pan was 2. Pete's Dragon 3, Beauty & the beast 4, Sleeping Beauty 5, Snow White 6, Robin Hood 7, 101 Dalmatians 8, Fox and the hound 9 and Cinderella is 10th

4.0 out of 5 stars I didn't know, June 18 2003
Stephen Verhaeren (Palos Park, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rescuers (DVD)
I didn't know that Disney was planning are releasing this movie on dvd, until today. And I watched this movie tonight. I had a vhs copy of this movie around. And I think this was the first Disney movie to have a sequel, and this movie was out about 13 years, before the sequel to this movie was made. It tells a story about 2 mice, 1 a janitor and the other a lady on a mission to save a young girl named Penny that was kidnapped from an orphanage. As the movie opened, Penny (Michelle Stacey) drops a bottle that is a cry for help, and the bottle finds its way to New York, where a couple of mice discovers it, and the Recure Aid Soceity calls to order, a meeting. A janitor mouse named Bernard (Bob Newhart) brings ladder (that is really a comb), cames the comb, and goes inside, manges to get the message out of the bottle, but keeps falling back to the bottom of the bottle. The message is all watered out, and a mouse named Miss Bianca (Eva Gabor) manges to make out some of the message, including Penny's name. Miss Bianca decides to ask to take the misiion, even though Bernarnd doesn't think it is a good idea for Miss Bianca to go alone. So the chairmouse, decides for Miss Bianca to selct a co-agent to go with her, and she has a lot of vanletters, which makes it hard for her to chose, and she picks Bertand.

3.0 out of 5 stars Widescreen--sort of, June 15 2003
This review is from: The Rescuers (DVD)
Potential buyers should take notice that the "widescreen" presentation is achieved by matting the top and bottom of the standard "Full screen" image. I'm not sure if this is how the film was originally projected in theaters or not, but it will be immediately obvious to anyone who has viewed the VHS version of the film that you really are getting LESS picture with this release, not MORE.A full screen option would have been nice.
Also, the set-top game included is absolutely dull and would be unlikely to hold the interest of even a very young child.
It is nice to have a Disney "True-Life Adventure" tacked on, though, as well as a Silly Symphony.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish it were out on DVD already, April 8 2003
Loralee H. Christian (Teague, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rescuers (VHS Tape)
I love this one. It is tender and touching and just a sweet movie altogether. I do however wish it were out on DVD already. My VHS tape is just about worn out, I have watched it so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars why no dvd listing??, March 22 2003
This review is from: The Rescuers (VHS Tape)
This is by far and away one of my favorite Disney movies.
Some of the scenes are a little harsh for a younger audience, but in all it is a very cute, very well written and animated piece.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Rescuers
The Rescuers by Wolfgang Reitherman (VHS Tape - 1999)
Used & New from: CDN$ 16.90