5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie
Great movie. I have always loved this movie. Great actors and story line. Will never get tired of this movie
Published 11 months ago by Angela

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad/ Not Perfect Either!
Michelle Pfeiffer plays LouAnne Johnson an ex-Marine teaching a inner-city school. I thought the movie had a good message but, I saw a lot of "Lean on Me" elements, and that's what didn't make it very original in my opinion. I thought that Michelle did a wonderful job, and it's a very inspirational movie. I guess that I just expected more than that. I can say that it is...
Published on Aug. 5 2001 by LadyLestat

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, Sept. 1 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars based on a true story, April 29 2013
This review is from: Dangerous Minds (Bilingual) (DVD)
Especially great for teachers, very moving and inspiring on a lot of levels. Even if I wasn't a Pfieffer fan, she is very convincing in this role

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Movie!!, Sept. 18 2002
"jem-aja" (Kingston, Georgia United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dangerous Minds (Bilingual) (DVD)
Michelle Pfeiffer is one of my favorite actresses. I have loved this movie for several years. When I noticed the DVD at [a local store] a few weeks ago I just had to have it. So I was thrilled when I got it for my birthday. I just wish that the theatrical trailer was included on the special features section. But I am glad that the music video Gangsta's Paradise is on the DVD. This film is one of Michelle Pfeiffer's best movies. If you like this movie you should also watch What Lies Beneath which stars Michelle Pfeiffer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, July 25 2014
Marc Pelletier "Peel20" (Laval,Qc,Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dangerous Minds (Bilingual) (DVD)
A sort of classic, verry good sountrack too. It is a true story also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, May 12 2005
This review is from: Dangerous Minds (Bilingual) (DVD)
I love Dangerous Minds, but I do admit it could have been better...basically it was a great plot, the acting was good but they could have gone places with the movie..But overall, I loved it..Gangstas Paradise went SO well with the movie and gave a great sense of the setting..i recommend it, but not to all - especially the movie critic types..warning:this is not an oscar award winning movie

5.0 out of 5 stars DANGEROUSLY INSPIRING, July 8 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Dangerous Minds (Bilingual) (DVD)
Definitely a must see movie. "rage rage against the dying of the light" WOW. Every black and latino person must see this movie and understand how the ghetto life is affecting us and adapt some skills to make it a better place. I absorbed the lessons in the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, June 21 2004
This review is from: Dangerous Minds (Bilingual) (DVD)
Michelle Pfeiffer stars in this wondrful movie about a ex-marine who desperatly wants to teach, so takes on the job of teaching a group of troubled teenagers. As time progresses, the teacher starts to learn that the only way to get the children to understand what she wants them to, is to reward them after they do what she asks.

5.0 out of 5 stars True story of hope., June 3 2004
Wolfe Moffat (Franklinville, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dangerous Minds (VHS Tape)
While about the only inner city experience I had was working in Buffalo for a couple of months, I did enjoy this movie. If you didn't catch it in the opening, it is based on a true story, and that in and of itself is an awesome testimony of hope. I think that Louanne Johnson would ask for no sympathy being a former Marine. I remember seeing this movie the year after I graduated and enjoying the song, "Gangsta's Paradise" by rapper, Coolio. It was a major status symbol that made this movie great. That was almost 10 years ago. Today, I find myself having a major problem with that song. Listen to the lyrics closely enough, and it appears that Coolio is plain feeling sorry for himself, bathing himself in self pity. That, in my opinion, contradicts the movie by saying, "I am nothing more than a victim of circumstances." Boo-hoo-hoo!! I don't know how many jobs I've been fired from, only to dust myself off and get another one. You are only a victim if you make yourself a victim.
Michelle Pfeiffer played an awesome role, the encourager. You take a close look at the role of Courtney Vance as the principal, the one who wants you to knock before entering and you can't help but ask a simple question, "Is he a prick, or a piller of society?" He almost falls into a neutral category for me because of who he is, and his definition of tough love is not something everyone agrees with. It isn't everyday I'd give a movie of this nature a 5 star, but it is an exception.

5.0 out of 5 stars My School!, Jan. 24 2004
MEHRAN MASSOUMI (san carlos, california USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dangerous Minds (Bilingual) (DVD)
I, actually go to Carlmont High School in Northern California right now. Carlmont is the school in which this movie is based on. I had always heard from parents who attended Carlmont back when it was much different, and it was hard for me to believe that my school could have been so terrible. After I saw Dangerous Minds which was made about the directors experience at Carlmont high school, I am shocked. It's hard to believe that there was so much violence and drugs. Nowadays Carlmont still has those factors, yet it is improved greatly. The school in the movie is absolutely nothing like it is today. I'm glad for the improvement!

5.0 out of 5 stars a tragic , sad , gritty masterpiece, Dec 15 2003
This review is from: Dangerous Minds (Bilingual) (DVD)
i loved this movie because of it's realism. it has so much life to it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Dangerous Minds (Bilingual)
Dangerous Minds (Bilingual) by Pierre Letarte (DVD - 2003)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 5.97