4.0 out of 5 stars Great, BUT not better than Transformers the movie
This is the SECOND greatest animated movie made in America.
The opening 10 minutes is so amazing!!!! The camera moves smoothly through a fighting sequence without cutting to another camera angle. And that was created without the use of high tech computer special effects that is used in current cartoons.
I love this G.I. Joe movie, but the title of "Greatest...
Published on June 11 2004 by Tim

3.0 out of 5 stars Is my 80s-ness showing?
Although I enjoyed the TransFormers toys much more than their fellow 80s Hasbro phenomenon G.I. Joe®-- 'cuz cars that can change into robots and back are way cooler than a buncha dumb ol' action figures any day of the week-- I found the Joe cartoon show just as entertaining, and not quite as hokey as the adventures of Optimus & Co. In fact, just the other day I had...
Published on March 18 2004 by Zagnorch

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars It is pretty good, May 12 2014
This review is from: G.I.Joe - The Movie (DVD)
Its pretty good but it would have been better if they showed more of the original characters instead of new ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start, but could have been better, March 22 2014
The story starts off great but I a little weak with the end. I did not like way Cobra Commander came to his end. But like all GIJoe, lots of action 80s style.

4.0 out of 5 stars classic cartoon history, Feb. 17 2004
Ryan Pritchard "thor_oakenfelder" (Mesa, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: G.I. Joe:the Movie (DVD)
one of the best cartoon movies of the 80's. this one ranks only behind Transformers The Movie for TV show tie ins. What makes me sad is that this is the last of the original Sunbow animation.

5.0 out of 5 stars This DVD is a true collector's item, June 23 2001
This review is from: G.I. Joe:the Movie (DVD)
This DVD will hold forever the good old memories of the TV Show of the 80's. This movie has an excellent and crisp picture. The sound is also very good considering the year of this movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars G.I. Joe The Movie, June 23 2003
I think the movie was good. I did not like the way they turned Cobra Commander into a snake however. I wasn't fair to blame one person for all of Cobra's failures.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Now I know...", July 30 2002
Brian Jaszkowiak (Melbourne, Fl United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: G.I. Joe:the Movie (DVD)
It's G.I. Joe! Of course it's great! This movie brings back so many great childhood memories.
Where are my G.I. Joe Seasons on DVD?!?!? :)

5.0 out of 5 stars gi joe is a go, Aug. 12 2000
This review is from: G.I. Joe:the Movie (DVD)
gi joe the movie is a great movie it is like transformers the movie both movies are great so go rent and enjoy both films

4.0 out of 5 stars G.I. Joe: Timeless Cinema, Oct. 28 2000
Jason D. Miller "johngalt78" (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: G.I. Joe:the Movie (DVD)
Being a 22-year-old, I remember GI Joe fondly from my youth. This movie really took me back. YO JOE!

3.0 out of 5 stars The kids like it, Jan. 11 2003
rocky49152 (Lyndhurst, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: G.I. Joe:the Movie (DVD)
The kids like it. What more is there to say?

2.0 out of 5 stars Some things are better left as memories., July 7 2003
This review is from: G.I. Joe:the Movie (DVD)
I bought this for my husband since he loved G.I. Joe as a kid, and he had fond memories of this movie, with "had" being the operative word.
There's no need to elaborate, really. This movie is just awful. Terrible. I could point out each flaw of the movie, but it doesn't merit even that much critical thought.
I will say this: it IS hysterical. After about five minutes, you'll realize this film will either kill you or make you stronger, and if you choose to laugh and point the entire time instead of cursing yourself for money wasted, you can genuinely have a good time.
Have you ever slapped your knee in a fit of laughter? Me neither, but I DID slap the arm of my chair a few times due to a particularly hilarious moment, courtesy of Lt. Falcon (voiced by Don Johnson, I might add) being introduced to some kind of survivalist, misfit Joe's. Or whatever. One of the Joe's, just because he's cool like that, spits on a hapless scorpion unfortunate enough to stumble upon this motley bunch. The scorpion, rather than scurrying away (or mindlessly waving its pincers and tail as they're wont to do) flails its claws and emits a highly-audible, "SCREEEEE!!"
"SCREEEEE?"
I've killed many a scorpion, and I never got a "SCREEEEE." "Crunch," sure. "SCREEEE!!," no.
I am working on my spitting skills in my spare time to rectify this problem, I assure you.
Oh yeah, the movie...really bad. Save your money and rent it if you feel like a good laugh. My husband admitted it was terrible and regretted my spending the money on this DVD. But it's the thought that counts, and my abs got an intense workout from laughing like a loon at the sheer awfulness of this "film." Not a total loss, but pretty darn close.

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

G.I. Joe:the Movie
G.I. Joe:the Movie by Don Jurwich (DVD - 2003)
CDN$ 54.99