5.0 out of 5 stars "Yep, two corpses ...Everything's fine"
Okay, I know there's so many reviews for this movie already here, and so my opinion of the movie probably doesn't even need to be here. But I think just the fact that this movie has been reviewed by two hundred people as of now, almost all giving it a 5-star review, is alone a testament to how many people are impressed by this film.
Clue is a Paramount Pictures'...
Published on June 17 2003 by Zachary

2.0 out of 5 stars it was okay,just kinda boring
this movie wasn't much of a kid's movie.it had an adult plot but the funny parts were good for kids. it was ok
Published on Jan. 21 2000 by dude

5.0 out of 5 stars "Yep, two corpses ...Everything's fine", June 17 2003
This review is from: Clue (VHS Tape)
Clue is a Paramount Pictures' whodunit film that puts less emphasis on solving a mystery and more on non-stop laughs, gags, and one-liners. And believe me, there's more comedy packed into this hour-and-a-half than you can shake a stick at. That doesn't mean you can't try to solve the murder case yourself either.
The main theme of clue is quite dark. All the familiar people from the game (Peacock, Green, Scarlet, Mustard, etc.) are invited to a dinner party at a huge mansion. There, it is not only revealed that they are all being blackmailed, but also that it's all being done by the host of the party, Mr. Boddy! Early in the movie, Mr. Boddy is murdered, but there's a problem. The act was committed with the lights turned off in the house, and thus no one knows who has done it. Throughout the course of the movie, several others die, and the guest's efforts to find out who the murderer is also becomes a fight for survival. While the movie has this dark theme, the movie takes the deaths and blackmail so lightly, that it makes you forget that you're laughing at a subject so serious.
Clue takes all the one-dimensional characters from the popular board game and really fleshes them out, giving each one a distinct personality and style. The ensemble cast is one of the best I've ever seen, and each actor really owns their part. I can't imagine anyone but Tim Curry frantically explaining the murder at the end or someone other than the wonderful Madeline Kahn playing the dark black widow, Mrs. White. The rest of the cast is excellent too. They all have excellent timing; their deliverance on all their one-liners is great, and even just their facial expressions alone will have you laughing hysterically at times.
Clue demands repeated viewing, because every time you see the movie you'll notice something different. While the first time you watch it, the movie may come across as being really silly, after watching it again and again, you'll pick out things that you missed. There's a seemingly endless string of gags and sight jokes throughout the movie, and I'm still amazed when I notice new things, even after I've seen it a million times. (whoops, I said I wasn't gonna say that . . . . oh well.) : )
Well, to make a long story short (too late) this is an absolutely wonderful movie. It is a smart, clever comedy, sprinkled with the old-fashioned mystery element, and should be a classic by any cinema-lover's standards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta Have Classic Movie, Jan. 30 2014
This review is from: Clue (Bilingual) (DVD)
I have watched this movie countless times, from my teen years to my 40's, and it never gets boring. Revisited it recently when it was on Netflix and decided to get my own copy before they remove it from there. The cast are perfect and work so well together, my favourite being Tim Curry as the butler (he buttles...). The plot is full, the one-liners are plenty and you can choose your ending! Would recommend to anyone with a sense of humour!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Laugh, Oct. 9 2013
This review is from: Clue (Widescreen) [Import] (DVD)
You will not stop laughing during this amazing movie! Great for people that enjoy dry humor and word play. The multiple endings will have you watching it again and again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, June 17 2013
Such a fun movie better then I remembered it to be highly recomende this movie. This is how a movie based on a game sould be done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, May 16 2013
This review is from: Clue (DVD)
It is a truely funny movie that is timeless and can be watched over and over. Good for the while family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clu-ray disc!, March 11 2013
Moran (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clue [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Clue has always been one of my favourite movies, and when it finally came out in high def, I was stoked! Too bad Paramount didn't distribute this to major Canadian retailers (thanks to Blockbuster's bankruptcy, Paramount thought that all DVD/Blu-ray sales were moot north of the border, and that we're only interested in digital downloads)... anyways, I snagged Clue here on Amazon for a decent price... was hoping for improvements on the sound, but the picture was spectacular!

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a wait, July 30 2012
This review is from: Clue (Widescreen) [Import] (DVD)
The DVD arrived sealed and in good condition. It took a bit longer then expected to arrive but within the time stated (on the last day mind you). My daughter enjoyed the movie after playing the game as a kid for many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars We have to figure out who killed him, where, and with what!, July 20 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: Clue (VHS Tape)
Six guests each receive letters instructing them to come to dinner at a mansion, and assigning each of them an alias to use for their own protection. There, they meet Wadsworth, the very efficient butler, Yvette, the very buxom maid, and Mr. Boddy, the very mysterious host to them all. Each guest is handed a weapon, and then....the lights go out! When they come back on, Mr. Boddy is dead, and one of the people in the room is a murderer. But....who?
As the mystery unfolds, the death toll grows. ("Six murders...this is getting serious.") The cast of characters is absolutely hilarious, each reacting to the situation in their own -- sometimes psychotic -- way. The best part of the movie has to be Tim Curry's performance as the butler, as he attempts to keep the kitchen tidy in the midst of the chaos. His perfect comedic timing as the deadpan Wadsworth makes the movie worth watching over and over again.
Finally, the mystery is solved -- in three different ways! Choose the ending you like the best, although all three are hilarious endings to a great movie. END

5.0 out of 5 stars "Do you like Kipling Ms. Scarlet?", Jan. 19 2010
This review is from: Clue (Widescreen) [Import] (DVD)
This is the under-rated movie of the 80's! As a child my sister and I would recite this movie, word-for-word to eachother and I bet I could still pick up on any line to this day!
"Professor Plum, you were once a professor of psychiatry specializing in helping paranoid and homicidal lunatics suffering from delusions of grandeur.
/ Yes, but now I work for the United Nations. / So your work has not changed"
Ha! This movie kills me! As a kid, a lot of this didn't really make sense but as an adult I think I almost appreciate the witty humor more.
Truth be told, this might be my favourite movie of all time . . . secretly of course.
I wish there had been a sequel!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best ever!!!, Oct. 17 2004
S. Charlebois (Ottawa, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clue (Widescreen) [Import] (DVD)
I rented this for a birthday party once, it was probably in the late 80's or early 90's. It was soooo good. I had no idea what I was renting, I was just like "hey this looks interesting, I love the boardgame, why not". It turned out to be one of my favourite movies of all time. I especially love the alternate endings - which are actually part of the movie and not a special feature. Tim Curry is sooo funny (for anyone not familiar with the name, think the transvestite in Rocky Horror Picture Show). This is an awesome movie, that anyone would love. The ultimate comedy-mystery!

ARRAY(0xae78c210)

Clue (Widescreen) [Import]
Clue (Widescreen) [Import] by Jonathan Lynn (DVD - 2005)
CDN$ 37.17