5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Designers

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Service
Published on Oct. 30 2010 by amaritudo

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Designers, April 19 2010
S. Javaherian (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sketching (12th printing): Drawing Techniques for Product Designers (Hardcover)
I have looked everywhere for a book like this. It teaches you how to sketch like a designer rather than artists. Very nice images, and good explanations. But most importantly for me, it inspires you to sketch. aside from showing you examples of great sketches, it shows how a good perspective is developed. I love the book and would recommend it to any one who wants to improve their sketching.

5.0 out of 5 stars great great book!, Dec 15 2010
I'm an Industrial Design student and bought this book a while ago and found it a supper amazing reference comparing to other books available for design students.
It actually became so popular among my peer friends and faculty at school that everyone is buying it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for Mechanical Engineers, Dec 7 2013
Engineers need good drawing habits and this book will help. It will inspire your work, help you when your stuck, and help define your method.

4.0 out of 5 stars attention, April 6 2013
good book but it came with corner all twisted. Do not use normal mail because you will be mad when you receivet the book damaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, Sept. 28 2014
I was asked to purchase this book as part of a product design drawing course. It's a fantastic resource to have on hand, has a lot of great tips!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good industrial design book..., Nov. 20 2014
Loved this book, very inspirational

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied !, Nov. 17 2011
I'm totally satisfied. The book was brand new. Those two sketching design book is amazing. You have to buy those two, they really goes together. Thanks for the goos service and fast shipping !

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Service, Oct. 30 2010
I had ordered my copy of the book for a course about 2 months ago and I had just received it today. Then, I when I came to write this review, I notice that the book is now 22$ cheaper then what I paid for it even though I had just gotten it?? This makes no sense to me. The rough shipping estimate that was given to me in the beginning is that it will ship within a week of the order...when was that extended to almost 2 months?

On the book itself, it is a fantastic book for product design students. There are many examples to look at and many techniques that we can learn. However, my only complaint is that the examples are scattered all over the book and are in no particular order. That makes going through the book fairly difficult when you are actually trying to progressively learn sketching, rendering and marker techniques. I also noticed that there are no step-by-step instructions at all. I realize these can be fairly dry, though on some topics they are very useful.

Other than the terrible service amazon provided, I'm very pleased with the book and would definitely consider buying another one of Koos Eissen's books again, if only for the amazing quality of work included in the pages of the book.

2.0 out of 5 stars terrible mail service, Oct. 21 2009
I am not satisfied with the service this company is providing at all since it's been one month and half that I have ordered this book but still I have not received it!

Sketching (12th printing): Drawing Techniques for Product Designers
Sketching (12th printing): Drawing Techniques for Product Designers by Roselien Steur (Hardcover - April 1 2009)
CDN$ 61.50 CDN$ 38.56