on March 11, 2013
On ne se sera jamais autant diverti à l'écoute de cette belle collection de musique et d'hymnes du moyen âge.
on September 27, 2002
I have quite a number of CDs with Medieval Age polyphony, byzantine chant and renaissance music, but this collection goes beyond what could usually be expected from such boxsets. I'd highly recommend it to all.
on September 19, 2001
This is the best collection of medieval music I have ever heard. The performances are top-notch, and all of the songs are well done. I highly reccomend this collection not only for fans of medieval music, but for any music lover.
on December 23, 1999
There isn't a clunker in this set. All the performers are top drawer and the recordings are good. The notes are a little brief and a bit scholarly, but can be ignored easily.
You will get an idea of the different kinds of medieval music as well as the top groups and soloists working currently in the field.
When I got this set, my mother and I listened to all 7+ hours straight through. We then started buying CDs from the different performers we had to hear more from.
At twice the price, this would still be an excellent addition to any classical or medieval music collection, as well as the best introduction to medieval music around.