4.0 out of 5 stars Queen Goes Soundtrack!
I haven't seen the Flash Gordon -movie. That's why I wasn't sure at all about this album before purchasing it, actually I kept myself from buying this for quite some time.

So now I have the Flash Gordon Soundtrack. Would I have it any other way? No, even though this isn't my favourite (Queen)-album. I still genuinely like this!

I completely agree on...
Published on Aug. 23 2006 by Katrina Karell

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting...
Published on July 4 2004 by Alan

4.0 out of 5 stars Queen Goes Soundtrack!, Aug. 23 2006
This review is from: Flash Gordon (Audio CD)

I completely agree on that you really should view this as a one piece of work and listen to this from beginning to end. As a background music this is very entertaining and has bits and pieces to pay attention to.

And the two "proper" songs are fun - you've heard at least Flash. I find it, initially to my surprise, very much to my liking. The other one, Hero, purely rocks. :o)

I enjoy hearing Brian May's version of the good old Wedding March.

If I sat down and started to really listen to this album, I might find the dialogue-bits a tad annoying (mainly because I haven't seen the movie). But while I have something else to do, no problem.

I recommend this to Flash Gordon -fans, I'm sure you'll enjoy this. Even more so if you are a Queen-fan, too.

And to you fellow-Queen-fans out there perfecting your collection, you just might like this! :o)

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting..., July 4 2004
This review is from: Flash Gordon (Audio CD)
This isn't really the type of album I would put on to listen to attentively -- it's more like something I'd put on while I work or do something else. The album follows the movie and most of the tracks contain dialog from it. If you're a huge Queen fan, get it, but if you're a new fan or a casual fan, I'd skip this one, at least until you've gotten some of their other albums.

4.0 out of 5 stars THE ROCK OPERA LIVES!, June 19 2004
C. Martin (Cliffwood, New Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flash Gordon (Audio CD)
this may or may not be of any relavance but i am a sci fi fan. tacky sci fi at times. V : The Series, Battlestar Galactica and maybe i will even toss in my copy of The Ice Pirates if i wanna go all out. but this album is INCREDIBLE. The Cords are very rousing and add to the dramatics of this movie. thinking of this movie without queen's harmonious guitars is a wasted effort. queen made this movie a greater success and the final track as the credits roll is pure queen tour de force. the music and freddie mercury's lyrics about heroism make you want to go out and save the universe yourself. your hair will stand on end and yo will truly feel "king of the impossible"! however i did have to deduct one star for an unprecidented level of tackiness but that is the movie i speak of. any sci fi or rock and roll fan would love this album and being that i am both? i love it doubly so.

1.0 out of 5 stars so irritating, April 27 2004
12 Eloquent Dots (Sitting next to that girl right over there.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flash Gordon (Audio CD)
Everytime I hear this cd -- still played in cheap eateries across the US, I want to throw the cd as far as I can -- in attempt that "somehow" -- the wind will take it further away from the planet than it is humanly possible.
It brings the movie back to you -- such horrible images of some blond dude in spandex!
Vomitus Maximus!

Flash Gordon
Flash Gordon by Howard Blake (Audio CD - 1991)