5.0 out of 5 stars Listen to Freddie
This album is fabulous, I love every track, it is sad in parts, it bought tears to my eyes. Freddie you are missed.
Published 8 months ago by Christine Hickinbottom

3.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Gems
Published on Jan. 24 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen to Freddie, Aug. 11 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly Great, Sept. 20 2005
A.F. Bodo (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Made In Heaven (Audio CD)
This album is a fitting tribute to one of the greatest vocal talents in rock...Freddie Mercury. A tribute in the sense that it's release (following Mercury's death) demonstrated that much of the music written here has a sense of saying goodbye to a friend.
Haunting tracks like Mother Love and Let Me Live explore life and death and inner reflection.
Rekindling Mercury's own solo tracks I Was Born To Love You and Made In Heaven with Queen as the musical backing bring a little part of Freddie's past into the present.
This is a great album........
A.F.B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and beautiful, March 4 2005
This review is from: Made in Heaven (Audio CD)
Well I am only 16 but I already love Queen. My mum always listened to them and I wasn't bothered but since I've found their music I haven't looked back. 'Made in heaven' to me is one of the most beautiful albums in the Queen collection. Every fan should have this album. The opening song titled 'It's a beautiful day' is a very beautiful song. Full of emotion. 'Made in heaven' previously off Freddie Mercury's solo album is a very good song. My favourite song has to be though 'A Winter's Tale'. It was the last song Freddie wrote but it is the best last song anyone could ever write. It really make you feel as if your in Montreux which is what the song is about. The untitled instrumental track is a very heavenly song. Alot of people have called it a musical journey to heaven and I agree it is very moving. Anyone who is a Queen fan should buy this album. Full of emotion and sadness but full of magic.

2.0 out of 5 stars Made in Heaven?, July 16 2004
This review is from: Made In Heaven (Audio CD)
This album has only two great tracks "Let Me Live" and ever green "Heaven for Everyone". The rest of the tracks are too basic rock!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as Innuendo, but still a great album, July 4 2004
This review is from: Made In Heaven (Audio CD)
"Innuendo" was the last album released by Queen before Freddie Mercury died, and it was a fitting final album for him. "Made In Heaven" was released in 1995, 4 years after Freddie's death. Of the 11 songs on the album, 5 were previously released in other forms: "Made In Heaven" and "I Was Born To Love You" were originally on Freddie's "Mr. Bad Guy" album, and are included here with those same vocal tracks, but with Queen's instrumentation; "My Life Has Been Saved" was a B-side to "Scandal" from "The Miracle", but is slightly different here; "Heaven For Everyone" was originally recorded by Roger Taylor's band "The Cross"; and "Too Much Love Can Kill You" was previously released on Brian May's "Back To The Light" album (with Brian on vocals). But even though not all of the material here is new, all of the material is very good, and it's a great album. Not quite as good of an ending as "Innuendo", but a very fine piece of work nonetheless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made In Heaven indeed, Feb. 12 2004
This review is from: Made In Heaven (Audio CD)
Made In heaven is a wonderful album. I like every song. This album and Innuendo prove what an amazing man and talent freddy mercury was. To me this isn't a depressing or pessimistic album by any means. instead what we have is beuty and hope. my favorite songs are A winters Tale, and the emotional mother love. Too much love will kill you and heaven for everyone are also among my favorites. This album has had a lasting effect on me, from the beutiful album cover(a scene of celebration),to the great mellow music throughout the album. This album was a good way for the surviving members of queen to pay tribute to freddys life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Gems, Jan. 24 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Made In Heaven (Audio CD)
I think it's true, that this is not their best work, but there are still some incredible special pieces on this album. I love Let Me Live; could listen to it all day. But the best thing about this album is the 22-minute hidden track at the end. It won't play on your usual CD player. Pop the CD into your computer and use Windows Media Player, and discover an incredible new age type instrumental piece that will blow you away. Yes, it's true it's not in Queen's usual style, but if you like new age stuff at all, this piece stands up there with the best of it. At the very end of the piece, you will hear Freddie's voice saying "fabulous." And it is. This album is definitely worth a buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars The meaning of death, Jan. 18 2004
This review is from: Made In Heaven (Audio CD)
Yes, I love Queen's 70s. Yes, I love Innuendo like crazy. Still, this album is so worth buying... even if it makes you think of what more would have flown out of Freddie if he were only alive today.
The best song here, I think, is "I Was Born to Love You". Yes, it is a pop-style, yes it sounds like a solo rather than Queen, but it really reveals Freddie's undying genius and delivery.
A Winter's Tale, Freddie's last song, is of course beautiful. Others such as Let Me Live and My Life Has Been Saved are tear-inducing. When it gets to Mother Love, however, I sort of get angry... I understand this is posthumous album, but the production did not have to be indicative of the fact to this obvious state.
Just because it broke my heart again and again and again (and still now) I can't be insensitive to my never-ending assumptions - what if Freddie were still alive... what if? what if? I keep asking and get sick of it.
In all, you will not regret buying it, but you will be really sad. And this album was made to do exactly that.

5.0 out of 5 stars we will miss you freddie, Dec 21 2003
This review is from: Made In Heaven (Audio CD)
"Made in heaven",last queen's studio album (and not accomplished at all) shows how much we will miss this band's music in our times.their mix of rock and pop with a bit of their own style sounds stunning especially on "You don't fool me" or title track.Freddie sounds amazing too althugh many of his unfinished vocal parts were sung by other members of the band (they don't sound bad luckily).the music is sometimes quite dark although Mercury had knew that he can do nothing about his sickness and it seems that he is in peace with world.lyrics are sometines desperate but many times Freddie tells us that he never gave up.that album is the prove of it.
as their last album "Made in heaven" is truly representative and melancholic.a goodbye to musical bussines straight from other world.Freddie,we will miss you.and anyone who haven't heard it - buy it now!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Intentions, Mediocre Album, Oct. 29 2003
Gary H. Koltookian (Orange County) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Made In Heaven (Audio CD)
Being a Queen fan, I can understand why the band would want to release "Made In Heaven," as a final posthumous tribute to Freddie Mercury.
Unfortunately, the album only has a few real gems. The rest are lackluster songs that sound inferior to past works, and they feel rushed. You get the impression that Freddie wanted to sing just about anything before his final curtain (which is true), and as a result the quality of this album suffers a bit.
Still, it's a worthy addition to any Queen collection. The emotional overtones however make it something that's hard to listen to all the way through without getting depressed.
Personally, I think Freddie should have bowed out after "The Show Must Go On," the final track of "Innuendo!"

ARRAY(0xbf2bea20)

Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven by Queen (Audio CD - 1995)