5.0 out of 5 stars R0CK! THIS C0UNTRY!
Published 23 months ago by Bailey

3.0 out of 5 stars It Does the Job and Nothing More.
If you're looking for a crowd-pleaser of an album that won't challenge the ears, Shania's gazillion-seller "Come On Over" will suit you well. It's a collection of crafted pop tunes with a slight country twang courtesy of producer/husband "Mutt" Lange (AC/DC, Def Leppard). "You're Still the One," "From This Moment On," and the catchy "That Don't Impress Me Much" are all...
Published on Oct. 13 2002 by The Groove

4.0 out of 5 stars good, May 10 2014
This review is from: Come on Over (Audio CD)
i got this cd because it had the song my husband and i had our first dance as husband and wife to

5.0 out of 5 stars R0CK! THIS C0UNTRY!, Aug. 12 2012
Bailey (Floridam, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Come On Over (Audio CD)
This CD is SOO much fun! Although this is an older album, Shania Twain has shown this CD to be the BEST of her albums! This album has a mix of totally serious love songs and her insanely fun country music, giving country music a new and exciting edge! Rock this country! If you hadn't ever been a Shania Twain fan before, and decided to listen to one of Shania's albums, please let THIS be the one! Magnificent! You won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable music 101, Nov. 11 2006
This review is from: Come On Over (Audio CD)
This album does not have much in the way of deep, insightful music. What it does have in droves, though, is a lot of fun, catchy songs. Judging by the truckloads of copies that this album sold, that is exactly what people wanted.

Shania had to endure a lot of criticism over this album, as a lot of purists didn't like the direction in which she was taking country music. However, it did bring country music to a lot more listeners with some of the crossover hits such as "You're Still The One" and "That Don't Impress Me Much". It also helped that the hits just kept coming almost endlessly for several years ("Don't Be Stupid", "Love Gets Me Every Time", "Honey I'm Home", "From This Moment On", "Man! I Feel Like A Woman", etc.).

Shania readily admits that she makes music that she thinks people want to hear. And what's wrong with that? An album like this just goes to show that people want to be entertained. Fill an album with catchy fast songs with great hooks and throw in a few gorgeous ballads, and you will have the CD's flying off the shelves.

4.0 out of 5 stars FUN, July 8 2004
This review is from: Come On Over (Audio CD)
No big social commentary here, no intellectual thoughts, no harding hitting politics...JUST PURE FUN. The world needs more pure fun.
If you are looking for a party CD, this is one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Remix, June 21 2004
When Shania Twain released her "Come On Over" album in 1998, she was relatively unknown in the mainstream music world. Hit single 'You're Still the One' quickly changed that, and Shania's album raced to the top of the charts in both country and rock. Like the case with many artists, the record was released in two different versions: a US country mix and an international dance mix. While the country style is fantastic, this international version, currently available in the US, is even better.
While many songs remain relatively untouched, some of them greatly benefit from a bit of remixing. Both 'Man! I Feel Like A Woman!' and 'Honey, I'm Home!' sound sharper than ever with an ever-so-slightly different drum beat, and other tracks like 'Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)' and 'I'm Holdin' on to Love (To Save My Life)' are more dance-able than ever.
There are two songs that stand out, however. The dance mix of radio hit 'That Don't Impress Me Much', which was played more than the regular album version, is included on this album, as is the single version of 'From This Moment On'. While the vocals on the latter are not quite as strong as on the original mix (the song no longer features Bryan White but is instead just Shania), the orchestration more than makes up for it.
If you already own "Come On Over" and only listen to it occasionally, this album is not for you. However, if you love Shania's work and are looking for those great tracks in a more pop style, buy this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Come On Over, June 21 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Come On Over (Audio CD)
I love this CD! I don't know where to begin! This CD has sold millions of copies, and it has been a huge success, and it's easy to see why. The songs are so great. They have great catchy beats, great lyrics, and they're really fun to listen to. This was the first CD I ever got. If you don't have this one, you should go get it. It's worth all your money. I will never get tired of listening to all the songs. Each song is so much fun to listen to. There are 16 songs on the CD:
1. Man, I Feel Like a Woman!- This is an upbeat song with great tunes and lyrics that will make you want to sing along.
2. I'm Holdin' On to Love (to save my life)- This is a fun, fast song but it's also relaxing to listen to and the melody is great.
3. Love Gets Me Every Time- This is also a fast song that will get you dancing!
4. Don't Be Stupid (you know I love you)- This is a funny song! It's kind of fast, but it has cool violin parts in it, too.
5. From This Moment On- This is a really pretty song! On the original CD, not on the international version I don't think, she sings it as a duet with Bryan White. They both sing really good.
6. Come On Over- As the title song on the CD, it's really fun and great to listen to! It's a great dancing song too.
7. When- I love this song! It talks about how unrealistic it is for this person's boyfriend, or whatever, to ever come back to her. She sings in the song, "When money grows on trees, when people live in peace, then you'll come back to me!" It's a good song. It has a neat guitar solo also.
8. Whatever You Do, Don't!- The melody on this song is really cool. It's kind of like slow and low-sounding, but then the chorus gets loud and fast.
9. If You Want To Touch Her, Ask!- This song has a good guitar beat to it. It's about finding out what a girl wants. It's fun to sing.
10. You're Still the One- This is a slow, really pretty song. This is also one of her famous ones. I like it a lot.
11. Honey, I'm Home- I love this song! It has a loud drum beat that makes you want to sing along and dance, and then the chorus gets fast. The lyrics are funny and real too.
12. That Don't Impress Me Much- This is a fun song. She's singing about how guys aren't impressive just because they have nice cars or hair or something like that!
13. Black Eyes, Blue Tears- This is kind of a fast song, but what it's about is real and moving, about someone getting abused. I like the lyrics and the beat a lot.
14. I Won't Leave You Lonely- A slow song with a GREAT beat. Shania sings partly in French and Spanish too!
15. Rock This Country!- This is just a rockin' song! That's how I describe it. It's really fun to dance to.
16. You've Got a Way- This is the last song, and it's really slow and pretty.
So those are all the songs. Each one is fantastic! This is a great country/pop CD that I'm glad I have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shania Can Come On Over....TWICE, June 3 2004
J. Sumaran "Roach" (Los Angeles,CA,USA) - See all my reviews
that's the good thing about an artist...shania is aware of her fan base so she releases COME ON OVER with 2 different versions..If this cd isn't damn great i dont know what other one is...ofcourse if u have 34million+ people buy this album..well damn ITS THE BEST SELLING ALBUM OF ALL TIME BY A FEMALE OF ANY GENRE...goes to proof she transcends all genres..i own both cds..i enjoy them just the same...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Better than the International Version, May 24 2004
Chen Yee "an Amazon customer" (Vancouver, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Come On Over (Audio CD)
Yesterday I bought the CD over at Sam Goody in Pioneer Place to replace my international version. It's kind of different than the international version is because on the song "From This Moment On", this CD has Bryan White in it, and the internationl version doesn't. After I opened the package at home, I inserted it to my computer, opened up iTunes, and copied to the hard drive of my computer as MP3 files at 128kbps, then I downloaded to my iPod by using the iTunes program. Here are my song ratings.
1) Man! I Feel Like A Woman - 5/5
13) Black Eyes, Blue Tears - 4/5
14) I Won't Leave You Lonely - 4/5
15) Rock This Country - 5/5
16) You've Got A Way - 6/5
I enjoyed this CD a lot. YOU SHOULD BUY THIS instead of the international version. My friends liked it, too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Regular Version Is Better, But I Still Love This CD, May 24 2004
Chen Yee "an Amazon customer" (Vancouver, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I got the regular version of Come On Over yesterday at Sam Goody in Pioneer Place. And I imported the CD in my computer by using the iTunes program. I've been thinking about getting the regular Come On Over since when I had the international version for a year. I had this CD since November 2000. You should get the regular version of Come On Over. So, today I'm gonna donate the international version to Salvation Army because I got the regular Come On Over from Sam Goody.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shania Rocks (and croons), April 28 2004
This review is from: Come On Over (Audio CD)
I love Shania's music - she writes a lot of her stuff herself,and though she is not an exceptional singer,her music appeals to my husband and I
This CD is AWESOME.Every song.
Would definitely recommend.

Come On Over
Come On Over by Shania Twain (Audio CD - 1997)