5.0 out of 5 stars R0CK! THIS C0UNTRY!
This CD is SOO much fun! Although this is an older album, Shania Twain has shown this CD to be the BEST of her albums! This album has a mix of totally serious love songs and her insanely fun country music, giving country music a new and exciting edge! Rock this country! If you hadn't ever been a Shania Twain fan before, and decided to listen to one of Shania's albums,...
Published 23 months ago by Bailey

3.0 out of 5 stars It Does the Job and Nothing More.
If you're looking for a crowd-pleaser of an album that won't challenge the ears, Shania's gazillion-seller "Come On Over" will suit you well. It's a collection of crafted pop tunes with a slight country twang courtesy of producer/husband "Mutt" Lange (AC/DC, Def Leppard). "You're Still the One," "From This Moment On," and the catchy "That Don't Impress Me Much" are all...
Published on Oct. 13 2002 by The Groove

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 476 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal, Nov. 14 2003
NorthofCB (Bells, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Come On Over (Audio CD)
What an album. I am still shocked that she was able to create a 16 set album with little to no fillers. The only songs that weren't to my taste (not calling them bad) were "I'm Holdin' On To Love" "Rock This Country" and "Black Eyes, Blue Tears." This album deserved the attention and sales, and is a modern day masterpiece of pop-culture.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS DID IMPRESS ME MUCH!, Nov. 5 2003
S. Quinto (Guatemala, Guatemala) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Come On Over (Audio CD)
"Come on Over", should be consider the biggest crossover album of country goin' to mainstream. This album has nothing bad, every track is worth listen, not a skipping songs record. This album is for anyone in love or in a mood of party stomping tracks. The whole album reserves the title of great mixture of country-ballads-pop anthemic music. This made Shania an ICON and of course is the best selling album by a female in the whole history of the USA, over 19 million copies sold, talk about numbers?

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm coming over., Oct. 26 2003
H3@+h "Over 1500 reviews!" (thanks for the helpful review votes) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Come On Over (Audio CD)
I'll bet they didn't plan on this out-selling "The Eagles" and "Michael Jackson", but it has. With the pop-country formula perfected on this, they found 34 million people who wanted it. This is practically half hits. It includes "Man, I Feel Like A Woman", "From This Moment On", "You're Still The One", and "Honey, I'm Home". And as far as the video for "That Don't Impress Me Much" goes, Ouch! Very few women can look that good. But besides the beauty, I do think she has talent, and a great voice. Overall, it's a great album by the queen of pop-country.

4.0 out of 5 stars Come on in, Oct. 4 2003
This review is from: Come On Over (Audio CD)
This was a truly groundbreaking album for Shania. While her previous album THE WOMAN IN ME made her a superstar in country music, this album pushed her far into the pop realm, making her a major superstar. A generous amount of singles were released from the album, around 12 or so of the 16 tracks were singles. The album was even repackaged with pop remixes for the International market and pop fans.
Overexposure? Sure. But the music isn't all bad. There's some great ballads here like "I Won't Leave You Lonely", "From This Moment On", "You're Still The One", "You've Got A Way", and more. The uptempo songs are fun and became signature songs. If you mention Shania to someone and they might break out in singing "Man! I Feel Like A Woman!" or "That Don't Impress Me Much".
The album had a long shelf life, and sold millions upon millions worldwide, one of the biggest selling albums of all time. Some of my favorites include "Love Gets Me Every Time", "From This Moment On", "Whatever You Do, Don't!", "Holding Onto Love" and more. It's a decent cd, not the best but definately a fun cd to listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it!!!, Sept. 18 2003
This review is from: Come On Over (Audio CD)
This is a really neat CD, with alot of my favorite Shania Twain songs. Her mix between pop and country I think is very unique.
I ordered this CD used, from Ted Ross, and was very immpressed with it's great quality, and his great service.

5.0 out of 5 stars TOO GREAT!, Sept. 10 2003
This review is from: Come On Over (Audio CD)
Ladies and gentlemen, whether you like pop or country or any genre of music, this cd is hands-down one of the greatest of any country artist. Shania crossed genres over to Pop music with this cd and it's absolutely great because I never knew who Shania Twain was. Shania released a handfull of singles off this album earning herself many many awards for this one album. If you like country or pop all the songs are great. " That Don't Impress Me Much " has you moving while " Man! I Feel Like A Woman! " just has you rocking and singing to the song. Her ballad " You're Still The One " is absolutely fantastic along with " From This Moment On " which is just a beautiful song. Shania put so much effort with her husband to get her to the top of the world with one single album which is magnificent!..CONGRATS SHANIA!

1.0 out of 5 stars Pedestrian, hokey, and unoriginal, Aug. 20 2003
Patrick L. Randall (Silver Spring, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Come On Over (Audio CD)
The whole Shania Twain phenomenon is still something that escapes me. Her musical success is confusing. Shania Twain is not really all that talented. To call her a country singer is an insult to true country singers. She is a Canadian pop singer whose pop music appeal wasn't strong enough to make it in the U.S. market. So, she was repackaged as a 'country' star in order to find a niche for her where she could sell some albums. The result is dreck like "Come on Over"

"Come on Over" doesn't sound remotely country, other than a few guitar twangs, and it doesn't come close to sounding like good music. The ballads she sings are so bland and boring that I feel I'm in danger of falling asleep anytime they come on the radio. "Still the One" and "From this Moment" are classic examples of how unoriginal and unappealing her ballads are. With her faster, more upbeat songs, it gets even worse. Rhythm, lyrical structure, and sophisticated lyrics are in absence here. "That Don't Impress Me Much" is an embarrassment along these lines. Absolutely no rhythm exists and with lyrics like 'ok, so you're a rocket scientist... that don't impress me much' one can't help but wonder if this was a 6th grader writing these lyrics. "Man I Feel like a woman" seems like just an excuse for her to go 'whoo' 'whoo' every 30 seconds.

It's a sad state of affairs where these days where the music industry has become so geared to homogenized, pop-friendly music that albums like the ones Shania Twain puts out become huge hits, but daring, original music falls by the wayside. I fear the days of exceptional music are fast ending, and "Come On Over" is just one more example of that trend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Darn Good!, Aug. 2 2003
"las18522" (Virginia Beach, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Come On Over (Audio CD)
This CD came out around when I was in Third Grade. I really liked the song, "That Don't Impress Me Much", and there were some other songs on there I liked. On my Ninth birthday, my grandfather bought me the tape and it turned out pretty good. Though I am not a big fan of Country music, I still think Shania Twain is a great musician and she must of put a lot of time and effort into this album. Good Job, Shania!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shania Twain-Come On Over, July 14 2003
This review is from: Come On Over (Audio CD)
I love this CD!!! I rate 11/16 songs with 5/5 stars, and the other 5/16 songs I rate 4/5 stars! I got this CD when I was 6 years old, and I have been a fan since! This CD is very happy, and gets you going. A GREAT CD!!! If you have heard 1 song of hers and liked it, then you will like all of the others too!

5.0 out of 5 stars This CD ROCKS!, July 7 2003
This review is from: Come On Over (Audio CD)
I love this CD! I like all the songs on the album and I love listening to it! I think that tons of pepole who like pop music and country music will enjoy this CD, it has a little bit of both.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 476 | Next ›

Come On Over
Come On Over by Shania Twain (Audio CD - 1997)