Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
on July 8, 2004
I find that this particular recording of the Requiem is quite apt to Mozart's original intentions, although I found that at times it became heavy, (expecially around the Kyrie Eleison), I am 15 and I simply can't understand the music of today, which is why I only listen to the "good" music. I also write music, and in fact, Mozart's Requiem inspired me to compose my own (a working progress considering I am currently on the Tuba Mirum)...this was an outstanding performance as I said before. Truely, on a more serious note, his Requiem will lift you up unto a heavenly peak. His death occured in the middle of this burst of organized passion. In his last days, it was said that he had become obsessed by the idea that the Requiem would be his own. He died on the morning of December 5, in the arms of his loving wife. We can, to this day, only hope that his last thoughts were ones of peace, ones of accomplishment for the short, but full life he lead.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2003
I would think Mozart's Requiem was his greatest work of all. As Mozart always did, he only brought pure happiness through his music, even before his miserable end of life. While listening to the requiem, you can only feel joy, peace and light of God. I already had two versions of this piece, one by Karl Bohm, another by Claudio Abbado. I am happy with both. I also respect Karajan, so why not give him a try? I got this CD and played it. I don't like it that much as his other work. The music is a little bit slow, especially when it played Confutatis. By contrast, Abbado choosed a fast, strong play of this part, which really bring the confused and hopeless fear of death. The chorus was OK, not exceptional. It is a good CD overall, but if you really want the spiritual touch, try Karl Bohm or Abbado.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse