5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Haole (caucasian) gal from Mainland USA
Published on June 21 2000 by Gleep

3.0 out of 5 stars Some native, some bar music
Been to Tahiti & listened to dozens of Tahitian CDs. The drumming is great. Some of the recording seems to have all but lost the left channel. Tracks 16-17 are a jazz band, I guess one would call them? -- reminds me of 1950's Hawaiian jug band music. There's also some flute. A nice variety, but not universally the very best performances nor recording.
Published on Aug. 25 2000 by Brian

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Haole (caucasian) gal from Mainland USA, June 21 2000
Gleep (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drums Of Bora Bora/Songs Of (Audio CD)
From the moment I wrestled this CD from its plastic wrapper, it became one of my favorites. I pop it in whenever I need instant energy. You absolutely cannot sit still when this is playing. It is fabulous. I originally purchased it to use as background music for a backyard luau, but now I exercise to it, do housework to it, etc. There are some songs on the CD (singers accompanied by guitars and other musical instruments), but it is mainly comprised of drumming. Very Polynesia! Very provocative! If you've ever been to a luau and been captivated by its live entertainment, this CD is for you! Bring those tribal beats into your home today!

4.0 out of 5 stars O te alofa!, June 14 2000
"sfea3" (Sunnyvale, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drums Of Bora Bora/Songs Of (Audio CD)
As a Pacific Islander, nothing gives me more pleasure and heartache than listening to the sounds of my former island home. The drums of "fetia oe" vivdly brought back memories of long lazy days spent in the island sun. The rythmic beats had me dancing the O'te a!
As with all cds, it was needlessly filled with some fluff, but still a must have for a Pacific Islander or lover of island culture.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some native, some bar music, Aug. 25 2000
Brian (Orlando, FL USA) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot, March 9 2002
This review is from: Drums Of Bora Bora/Songs Of (Audio CD)
The problem with your record or recordings is that they can not be brought up on Media play and I have the latest installed.
No listen no buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars TAHITI RULEZ!, June 14 2000
This review is from: Drums Of Bora Bora/Songs Of (Audio CD)
THIS CD IS GREAT! ITS VERY EFFICENT BECAUSE I AM A TAHITIAN DANCER AND I FIND IT VERY HARD TO FIND DRUM BEATS TO DANCE WITH...

Drums Of Bora Bora/Songs Of
Drums Of Bora Bora/Songs Of by Various (Audio CD - 1993)