march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 21, 2000
From the moment I wrestled this CD from its plastic wrapper, it became one of my favorites. I pop it in whenever I need instant energy. You absolutely cannot sit still when this is playing. It is fabulous. I originally purchased it to use as background music for a backyard luau, but now I exercise to it, do housework to it, etc. There are some songs on the CD (singers accompanied by guitars and other musical instruments), but it is mainly comprised of drumming. Very Polynesia! Very provocative! If you've ever been to a luau and been captivated by its live entertainment, this CD is for you! Bring those tribal beats into your home today!
on June 14, 2000
As a Pacific Islander, nothing gives me more pleasure and heartache than listening to the sounds of my former island home. The drums of "fetia oe" vivdly brought back memories of long lazy days spent in the island sun. The rythmic beats had me dancing the O'te a!
As with all cds, it was needlessly filled with some fluff, but still a must have for a Pacific Islander or lover of island culture.
on August 25, 2000
Been to Tahiti & listened to dozens of Tahitian CDs. The drumming is great. Some of the recording seems to have all but lost the left channel. Tracks 16-17 are a jazz band, I guess one would call them? -- reminds me of 1950's Hawaiian jug band music. There's also some flute. A nice variety, but not universally the very best performances nor recording.
on March 9, 2002
The problem with your record or recordings is that they can not be brought up on Media play and I have the latest installed.
No listen no buy.
on June 14, 2000
THIS CD IS GREAT! ITS VERY EFFICENT BECAUSE I AM A TAHITIAN DANCER AND I FIND IT VERY HARD TO FIND DRUM BEATS TO DANCE WITH...