5.0 out of 5 stars Hit Factory
Published 15 months ago by Andrew

2.0 out of 5 stars agree with everyone else on here
Published on Jan. 1 2004 by Angelo Sellers

5.0 out of 5 stars Hit Factory, April 20 2013
This review is from: Boston (Vinyl) (LP Record)
This album is spot on and will go down in history as a masterpiece. You cannot find a track on this album that isn't worth listening to. This is one of those truly iconic albums that you can sit down and listen to start to finish without ever having to skip a track. The fact that this album went 17 times platinum in the US and diamond in my home land of Canada speaks volumes about what type of album this is. What is more interesting is that Tom Scholz had only been playing guitar for something like a year and a half at the time he wrote this album. Absolutely mindblowing if you ask me... Anyways, this album will fit nicely with anyone who is a fan of classic rock. Highly recommended purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential classic rock, July 16 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Boston (Audio CD)
Where would classic rock be had Boston's self-titled debut album not been released? This is one of the greatest cds I own. 3 years ago, I had never heard of them...and now I own all of their albums and even saw them in concert last summer - which was an experience I will never forget! If you're new to classic rock, I think Boston's debut album would be a terrific place to start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 10 2014
Great

2.0 out of 5 stars agree with everyone else on here, Jan. 1 2004
Angelo Sellers (pensacola, Fl) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boston (Audio CD)
I just purchased my sacd player and picked up Boston and Billy Joel's the Stranger at the same time. After listening to the Stranger, my mouth dropped. Billy's voice coming from the center speaker and all the other instruments and melodies coming from every different direction. Then I put in Boston and couldn't tell a difference from the cd version I already own. I think it's one of the best albums, but if you already own it on cd, don't bother upgrading - there's nothing special about the SACD version.

2.0 out of 5 stars Love the music, but only plays out of 2 speakers, June 23 2003
Paul K. Stauffer "pstauffer" (North Potomac, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boston (Audio CD)
I love this album by Boston. I bought it in SACD format, but it's nothing like the other SACD's I bought. It only plays out of 2 speakers and my sub. It sounds "okay", but I was pretty disappointed. Nothing comes out of the center channel and the rear speakers. What's with that?

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 CHANNEL STEREO ONLY..., Oct. 17 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Boston (Audio CD)
DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A MULTICHANNEL HI-RES TRACK - NOT HERE. MAYBE THEY WILL TRY AND PUT ONE TOGETHER ON A DVD-AUDIO DISK??? MY BASIC CD VERSION SOUNDS THIS GOOD. DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$$$$........ LIKE I DID...

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterful Remastering of a Classic, May 27 2008
Paul "Paul" (Thunder Bay, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boston (Audio CD)
I was 14 when this album was first released and yet I feel almost as if I'm hearing it truly for the first time. One of those classic albums that is a must to rebuy, and this is the version to get. The guitar growls, the snare drum snaps and the harmonies resonate like they never did before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its "More Than A Feeling" When I Listen To This, March 27 2008
Tommy Sixx Morais (The Great White North) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Boston (Audio CD)
In 1976 Tom Scholz after a few years of trying to achieve something in the music buisness decided that after his last attemp he was going to sell all his equipement and do something else.He had been trying to make a succesfull band since 1970 basicly just recording tapes in his basement.In 1975 Scholz borrowed Aerosmith's recording equipement and recorded what would be the band's first album.I am sure glad that it turned out to work if not we would have never had the chance to listen to the wonderfull and timeless album that is "Boston".In fact not only did it work,it turned out that it became one of the best-selling debut album with over 17 millions albums sold(if not the best-selling one),but you probably knew that by now.30+ years latter it is still as good as it was back then and hasn't lost any of its appeal.The band had good competition that year,Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours",KISS'"Destroyer",Aerosmith's "Rocks" and planty of others but managed to be on top with its distinctive sound which attracted both rockers and radio stations.It had a fews succesfull singles and most of these songs are still played on the rock stations even today,right there that should tell you something.

Boston were said to have a sort of futuristic sound and were even marketed as "music trought science" as other reviewers have said.But Tom Scholz has often said that he did not use synthetizers for the album to get the sound,well whatever he did,he made it right!The album was commercial rock yeah,but this stills rocks to me,it just has more melody to it and it attracts a wider range of people.The musicians weren't incredible,Brad Delp did have an amazing voice and they were good but not extremely gifted musicians,still they played very well and everything sounds good,voices,guitars,bass,drums,all!The band does show its influences but it has its distinctive sound right from the start that makes it "Boston".They are one of the rare AOR rock bands that we can nearly all like.

The first tracks "More Than A Feeling" stands out as a true classic of music and you must already have heard this one a lot already.It was the most famous song on the album and it was also the highest ranked single of it.Track two,"Piece Of Mind" is a strong follow-up just when you tought it couldn't get any better!A personnal favourite,very good song."Foreplay/Longtime" is really a song that goes into one other and has perfect balance,amazing once again and at 7:48 its impressive."Rock'N'Roll Band" is the typical song you would find on a debut album,aspirations to become a rock band and all that,but this one is more about how they felt towards discovering the rock stars lifestyle."Smokin'",a good song it doens't really mean much else but then again a song doesn't have to mean anything to be appreciated,its not a standout but I like it to say the least,but compared to all the previous songs its not so impressive..."Hitch A Ride" a slower song with a slight ballad approach,very good showing the melodic side of the band even more,very good."Something About You" a fun rocker,short at 3:48 but very solid and the lyrics are great and everything about the song is catchy!Still this one was the least popular off the album."Let Me Take You Home Tonight",the slower-paced song of the album and written by Brad Delp(all others were penned by Scholz)it certainly has a nice feel,its pretty good.No song,I repeat no song are BAD on "Boston".

We finally get a decent remaster for this true classic which fans had been wanting for year.The 1990 remaster had rather poor sound and therefore did not sound as good,it would be the edition that I would recommmend quality-wise.Yep its been done in 2006 by Scholz himself and it is to note that he also remastered the second Boston album,"Don't Look Back" as well.He did a good job on it too!If my and the other reviewers who were positive didn't convice you,I don't know what would.Maybe the fact that it is a 200 Definitive could convince you.You have all the good reasons to buy Boston's debut album,MUSIC THIS GOOD HAS TO BE HEARD EVERYONE!An absolute five stars,it just can't get much better this,its the best Boston album in my opinion but the first three albums of the band are pretty good and also worth looking at.HIGHLY RECOMMENDED(In fact you should click "Purchase" right now if you don't already have this!

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest ever, Nov. 4 2004
This review is from: Boston (Audio CD)
I first became aware of "Boston" when in college, walking past a row of fraternity houses. "More than a Feeling" and "Don't look back" were blaring from the houses--it was the late seventies. I was struck then by the fantastic guitar riffs, the incredible layout of the music, and the strength and power that this very unusual band produced. But what you should know that is most important is this: I was, at one time, a classical music major and loathed rock. Boston completly changed that and really opened my eyes. Now I've got the stuff blaring from MY house, hopefully turning the neighbors on to it, if they haven't found it already. Great stuff, guys (and now one girl). Keep at it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I just can't live without it, July 13 2004
Sound Profiler (Example:SHIBUYAKU,TOKYO,JAPAN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boston (Audio CD)
This spaceship called BOSTON landed in my mind in the late 70s.Since then I have been a BOSTON fan for more than ten years.This first album captures the solidness and excellent melodies that blow our body and soul.Rock music can express the spacy feelings without utilizing the synthesizers.TOM SHULZ has the wide range of musical capacity and musical ideas.Those specific abilities made BOSTON world wide phenomenon.This elaborate contrived album is the masterpiece we must pay attention to.

Boston
Boston by Boston (Audio CD - 1990)