5.0 out of 5 stars a gift
I got this for my dad's birthday. He loved it (I have listened to it a few times too...it is a classic after all)

The extra cd has some interesting takes but the first disc is the one you will keep coming back to.

-Geoff
Published 4 months ago by geoff

2.0 out of 5 stars Ordering my Third set
Published on Oct. 7 2008 by Shaukat A. Husain

5.0 out of 5 stars a gift, Nov. 26 2013

-Geoff

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Sept. 4 2013
This review is from: Kind Of Blue (Audio CD)
The best album from Miles ever made. As perfect and mood setting as any music I have ever heard. Amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, Nov. 20 2011
P. S. Paran (Edmonton AB) - See all my reviews
This is worth getting just to hear the Coltrane that was cut out of the original.No wonder he is considered Saint John Coltrane. Desert island .

2.0 out of 5 stars Ordering my Third set, Oct. 7 2008
Shaukat A. Husain "jazzwallah" (Victoria B.C. Canada) - See all my reviews
I have been waiting with great anticipation for the release of this set. Sony has done a very fine job of the book, the photographs, the CD and the poster. The LP is pressed in clear blue plastic and the mastering is very good. But the pressing is atrociously bad and noisy. Rather shoddy for the price if you compare it with the Blue Note 45 RPM issues by Music Matters. The surface has bubbles that produce distortions and clicks. A lot of collectors will be after the LP rather than the CD and Sony should have done a better job. What a shame!
Amazon.ca has been great in replacing my first set which I mailed back, with another in a matter of days, but the second set has arrive with a gouge in the slipcase and the same problem with the LP. I was told that another replacement could not be sent and I would get full refund. I would have to order another one which I have done in the hope that this one will be OK. I hope someone in Sony marketing reads this and tries to improve the product. The LP is what collectors will want, and one that should be of a very good quality. Who cares about the CD? Well not me and most serious jazz collectors who will buy this set.
To be fair, I will review the third set when I receive it for this is the jazz LP that I want to take to the other side when I die!
jazzwallah

5.0 out of 5 stars Very unexpected surprise!, March 23 2014
Yes, it is sounds excellent! Box set is made very qualitatively. It contains: big coloured "book", poster + blue vinyl, 2CD & DVD. It is ultimate collection - ideal gift for collectors and lovers music of Miles Davis! Must have for all funs of jazz music.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must for a jazz collection, Feb. 12 2014
This review is from: Kind Of Blue (Audio CD)
I love to unwind with this CD and often listen to it twice in a row just to enjoy the mood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plain and simple, Jan. 15 2014
This review is from: Kind Of Blue (Audio CD)
I loves me The Miles Davis, love jazz and his music is something that no one can hold a candle to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, Sept. 4 2013
This is a sublime album and Miles Davis really shines on vinyl.
The warmth of his trumpet really comes through on even a decent turntable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it now, Aug. 29 2013
Luc M - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This has been out since 2009. Based on still the most selling jazz album of all time by far. This box set , with its book, and CD set and blue album of the same record, is worth every penny...get to see Bill Evans hand written notes . This is my second copy, worth its weight in gold. Highest recommendation.

LM

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, May 30 2013
Received this in record time (excuse the pun). GREAT quality heavy vinyl, well packaged for a safe delivery. I got it, put it on the table, and didin't leave until it was done. Had time permitted I might have stayed for another round. I am more than happy with my purchase!

ARRAY(0xc34ab99c)

Kind Of Blue
Kind Of Blue by Miles Davis (Audio CD - 1997)