summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools Family

Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 13, 1999
WITH HER POWERFUL AND SOULFUL VOICE, CELINE DION HAS PROVED AND REVEALED HERSELF AS THE BEST SINGER OF ALL TIME. NO SINGER IN HISTORY CAN EVER EQUAL HER. AND THAT IS A FACT. THIS ALBUM CONTAINS BRILLIANT AND MOVING SONGS. SHE COLLABORATES WITH CAROLE KING, GEORGE MARTIN, THE BEE GEES, BARBRA STREISAND, AND LUCIANO PAVAROTI HER READING OF "WHEN I NEED YOU" IS BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL. "TELL HIM" IS THE DUET OF THE CENTURY. CELINE'S VOCALS WITH THE BEE GEES PROVES TO THE WORLD THAT NO SINGER COULD EQUAL HER. "MY HEART WILL GO ON" IS THE SONG OF THE CENTURY. "TO LOVE YOU MORE" REVEALED CELINE'S DRAMATIC IMAGE. HAILED AS THE GREATEST SINGER OF THE 20TH CENTURY, ADORED BY HER FANS AROUND THE GLOBE, AND HER DRAMATIC INTERPRETATIONS OF HER SONGS, CELINE DION IS THE GREATEST OF THEM ALL. NOT EVEN BARBRA STREISAND, MADONNA, WHITNEY HOUSTON COULD EQUAL HER. WHAT CAN WE SAY, WHEN CELINE SINGS EVERYONE SHUTS UP!
on September 11, 2002
Since the beginning of the 1990's, Celine Dion was already on top of the world, scoring a massive amount of hit songs on the radio, and a happily ever after marriage with her manager Rene. Surprisingly, she didn't feel the need to make a album at the time, but the labels suggestion put the album into motion, with another soundtrack song, that soundtrack song, My Heart Will Go On, from Titanic.
Her 1997 album, Let's Talk About Love, remains as a classic only just for one song, but there are so many other joyous delights that are featured here, including Tell Him with Barbara Streisand, Immortality, written and perfomed with The Bee Gees, and Let's Talk About Love, written by Bryan Adams.
Although many people only bought the album because of My Heart Will Go On, Let's Talk About Love is a decent album, but not the best album by Celine Dion. Perhaps her previous album, Falling Into You, would be a better purchase.
on June 19, 2004
Celine Dion has produced fine recordings since her debut in 1990 with "Unison". Recently, her new albums "A New Day Has Come" and "One Heart" haven't matched her previous works, by far. And they don't come anywhere near this album.
Released in 1997, this album was a little underestimated until the release of the number one hit "My Heart Will Go On".
After the song became overplayed and overhyped, I bought this album. I found the unreleased singles were much better. By far, the best track is Immortailty. It shows the softer side to Celine, not the Celine that just explodes with high notes. Songs like Why oh Why do travel down the hip hop side. It seems that she has combined many genres, from classical, to hip hop, to pop, to altertative, nothing is out of boundaries for this incredilbe artist, whom I was lucky to see in concert.
As far as the strong tracks, there are few weak tracks. Miles to Go Before I Sleep shouldn't have made the cut on this album. Just A Little Bit of Love became quite annoying.
Overall, the great tracks make up for this. She takes her inspirations from Barbara Streisand, and great vocals from Carole King and Michael Jackson as well as Mariah Carey.
This is the best album she has released!
Buy It, you won't regret it.
As a matter of fact, I loved it so much, i have two copies, well I lost the first one.
on May 26, 2004
1. The Reason -5 out of 5!
2. Immortality -5 out of 5!
3. Treat Her Like A Lady -4 1/2 out of 5!
4. Why Oh Why -5 out of 5!
5. Love Is On The Way -4 1/2 out of 5!
6. Tell Him -5 out of 5!
7. Where Is The Love -3 out of 5.
8. When I Need You -3 out of 5.
9. Miles To Go (Before I Sleep) -3 out of 5.
10. Us -5 out of 5!
11. Just A Little Bit Of Love -4 out of 5!
12. My Heart Will Go On -5 out of 5!
13. I Hate You Then I Love You -4 1/2 out of 5!
14. To Love You More -5 out of 5!
15. Let's Talk About Love -4 out of 5!
Another review of a superior Celine CD from me. I know I never rate a song below 3 stars, but that's because Celine consistently turns out top-quality music; at least, in my opinion, until the release of "A New Day," which was high-quality but not top-quality. This album rules (as demonstrated in the ratings.) It has some truly amazing songs on it that are well worth owning to listen to often.
on April 30, 2004
Celine.
The last name is not needed.
After purchasing her prior album, I know she would not let me down and I was correct.
From her duet with Carole King on "The Reason", "Immortality" with the Bee Gees and the ahhhh breathless "I hate you, then I love you" with the man himself Mr. LUCIANO PAVAROTTI, Celine's powerful vocals blows you away with every note, every pitch, and every lyric.
Be prepared to fall in love with "Immortality", "Us", "Love is on the Way", "Why Oh Why" AND OF COURSE>>>>"My Heart will go on" from Titanic ( which elevated her to SUPER DUPER STAR STATUS OVER NITE).You will see why, the world is a songful place because of her.
You wanna git down?
Yeah, Celine has been know you get fiesty at times, and boy, can see S I N G when she does... (She just an all rounded singer which makes her a great artist). With her uptempo songs like " Treat her like a lady" and "Just a Lil Bit of Love", you will see why Celine can both throw down and get down. Laters...
on April 25, 2004
Well, after a smash hit like Falling Into You, Celine put out this follow-up. It sold like Falling Into You as well, at about 10 million copies. This album is about love, hence the title. These are my favorites:
THE REASON: This song is a ballad of course, with Celine telling a lover how much they mean to her. Her voice is in top-notch here.
IMMORTALITY: With help from the Bee Gees, Celine tells the story of her ended relationship and how it will always be inside her heart. She doesn't use her impressive range much here, but still an excellent song.
TELL HIM: People seem to hate this song. I don't get why. The two powerful voices of Celine Dion and Barbra Streisand make an otherwise lame song amazing. The lyrics are cliched, but they make up for it by using their all in the range area.
MY HEART WILL GO ON: Everyone knows this one. It's played out, but no one can deny the powerful vocals of Ms. Dion. It is a prototype of her great ballads, building up slowly to an earth-shattering, chest-thumping climax that we've come to expect from Celine.
TO LOVE YOU MORE: Easily the best song on the whole album. It was overshadowed by the mighty "My Heart Will Go On," but it actually surpasses that song in the musical stakes. Celine pours her body and soul into this amazing song, and it's never gotten old with me through the years I've been listening to it.
If those songs aren't enough, just listen to the others. All the songs on this CD are great. Let's Talk About Love should be considered the end-all, be-all of Celine's music. If it weren't for the amazing Falling Into You, this would be her best. It is a close second, however. But why are you wasting time reading this review? GO OUT AND GET IT!
on December 7, 2003
My Heart Will Go On- need I say more? This CD is amazing like you'd expect a Celine CD to be. Some of the songs are a bit weak but the majority of them are wonderful. My favorite Celine song ever is included on this disc, To Love You More. Oh my God. If you haven't heard this one, you've got to pick up this disc or the single. It is also available on All The Way: A Decade Of Song but it isn't as good because it is edited. Celine's vocals are out of this world on there. Then again, her vocals are out of this world on most of her songs- but especially on To Love You More. Another favorite of mine is Immortality, her collaboration with the legendary Bee Gees. It is so beautiful. After repeated listenings, Miles To Go (Before I Sleep)eventually became one of my faves. It took me five years to start liking the hit duet with Babs(whom I don't get at all) Tell Him. And I still only like the last minute of it. Why don't I get Barbara Streisand? Well, for one thing, if Celine had've been around back when she started she wouldn't have had a prayer of being successful. Her singing erks me, she can't act- and the fact that she is one of those dreadful liberal Hollywood elites doesn't help. The Reason starts the CD on a bad note. Don't like it at all. There is the R&B/semi hip-hop laden track Treat Her Like A Lady, which I really liked at first but has now began to sound silly. Come on, Celine isn't a R&B singer and if she were chances are I wouldn't like her. Us is an extremely powerful song that escaped my ear forever and then I finally began to listen to it. It's great. There are some other okay songs but those are the standouts. Like I said at the top, this CD has My Heart Will Go On, one of the best songs ever recorded. Buy this CD, not the Titanic soundtrack! If you're a Celine fan you know you ought to have this CD, so buy it now... And if you aren't yet a Celine fan- where have you been? Come on- best singer in the world isn't enough to convince ya? Let's Talk About Love is a must have!
on August 5, 2003
I borrowed this CD from a friend and now am very reluctant to give it back. It is one of my favorites, mostly because there's a little bit of different stlyes of music. Dion tends to yell - oversing - but I can handle the melodrama and even enjoy it on some days. Here is my opinion of each song, however subjective:
1. "The Reason" I like this song. It has interesting lyrics that I can agree with and the music is lovely.
2. "Immortality" I don't get this song. Frankly it's boring and a little stupid.
3. "Treat her like a lady" This is one of my favorite songs. I love it. I like the style, I can relate to the lyrics, and partly I like it because it's so different from the other songs.
4. "Why oh why" I like this song. I like the words and the music, and it's a fun challenge to accurately sing along with.
5. "Love is on the way" I love this song. The oversinging is strong in this one, but the lyrics go with the music.
6. "Tell him" I hate this song!! This song is totally cheesy and dorky, both the words and the music. Terrible.
7. "Where is the love" This song is dull and a little cheesy.
8. "When I need you" This song has its cheesy parts, but I like the music.
9. "Miles to go (Before I sleep)" This song is pretty boring and I usually skip it.
10. "Us" Another boring song.
11. "Just a little bit of love" I like this song with its perky beat and optimistic veiws.
12. "My heart will go on" This song is just a little overdone and a little overemotional, but like the words.
13. "I hate you then I love you" Everything about this song is dumb. That said, it's well done and it's one of my favorites.
14. "To love you more" This is my favorite song. The music is gorgeous and the lyrics are romantic.
15. "Let's talk about love" This song may be a little silly, especially with the child choir right in the middle of it, but I like it anyway. I like the description of love as "The king of all who live, the queen of all good hearts; it's the ace you may keep up your sleeve till the game is all but lost...as gentle as a falling leaf on any autumn lawn." At least I think that's what it said.
on May 10, 2003
I am definitely no Celine Dion fan and never will be. Celine has a tendency to oversing and as a result my ears bleed from her oversinging. I own this cd because I love the previously unreleased song "To Love You More", a theme song to some Japanese soap opera; and Celine's cheesy covers of the Bee Gees' "Immortality" and Harry Nilson's "When I Need You". And as overplayed as it was, I even enjoy "My Heart Will Go On". Well now I do because it isn't clogging up the radio airwaves. The worst tracks has to be the Barbara Streisand duet "Tell Him". The lyrics are corny and the music is awful. I found Celine's attempts at reggae on "Treat Her Like a Lady" quite laughable. Bad comedy at its worst. The title track is even worse in terms of corny lyrics. No, make that her duet with Pavarotti on "I Hate You Then I Love You". The title itself is stupid enough. I have heard much better singers at the church I attended as a child. At least they didn't blow out their lungs like Celine does on every song she yells, er, sings. I will never understand why she is popular.
on April 8, 2003
After the massive success of FALLING INTO YOU, the world was ready for Celine's next release. This 1997 album was released to massive success, having sold 30 million copies worldwide, 10 million in the US alone. Besides containing the monstrous hit "My Heart Will Go On", the album also contained the AC #1 "To Love You More", the international smash duet with Barbra Streisand, "Tell Him", the European and Australian hit "Immortality" and the minor European hit "Treat Her Like A Lady".
1. The Reason (4.5): Written by Carole King and produced by Sir George Martin, this rock-sounding ballad gives Celine a chance to show off those glorious vocal cords. She just overdoes it a bit here.
2. Immortality (5): This lovely ballad written and produced by the Bee Gees is a perfect showcase for Celine's lower register, and it's great to listen to.
3. Treat Her Like A Lady (4): Celine Dion tries hip-hop!? Unbelievable! Even more unbelievable is that she pulls it off! Written by Diana King and produced by Ric Wake, this is a catchy track and a change of pace for Celine.
4. Why O Why (2): My least favorite song on the album. I don't like it.
5. Love Is On The Way (4.5): Another lovely ballad, this was first covered by Billy Porter from THE FIRST WIVES CLUB soundtrack.
6. Tell Him (5): When two of the great female voices of the century came together for this lush ballad, the result has to be explosive. Hearing Celine and Barbra sing is marvelous.
7. Where Is The Love (4.5): This Corey Hart-penned track is one of Celine's more unique songs, as she stays in her lower register and is not about love, but instead the state of the world.
8. When I Need You (4.5): A cover of Leo Sayer's 1977 hit, Celine does nicely with this one.
9. Miles To Go (Before I Sleep) (5) : The second Corey Hart-penned track, this mid-tempo ballad is great, with Celine showing off her vocal range once again.
10. Us (5): A ballad of longing and frustration, Celine turns in an emotional performance here.
11. Just A Little Bit of Love (4): The album's best up-tempo track, this one can lift your spirits nicely (not to be confused with the almost identical song on CELINE DION).
12. My Heart Will Go On (4): Celine's biggest hit? An emotional, powerful ballad that went perfectly with TITANIC? The winner of an Oscar, four Grammys and a Golden Globe? Check, check and check. Worthy of all the attention and playing it got? Ummmmm, I'd have to say no. While this is one of her classics, she HAS done better songs, and it completely burned out at radio.
13. I Hate You Then I Love You (3.5): Celine stretches into opera with this duet with the one and only Pavarotti. The song comes off as nice, but not a direction Celine should take completely.
14. To Love You More (5): One of Celine's very best songs, this huge Japanese hit and #1 AC hit is the best on this album. The violin is great and Celine turns in a jaw-dropping vocal performance.
15. Let's Talk About Love (5): One of the album's highlights, this Beatles-esque song is a testament to the power of love, and a perfect to the album for US fans.
Bonus Tracks: Be The Man (4.5): A bonus track from the Asian Version of LTAL, this is the sequel to "To Love You More", not as good, but it's still a great song.
Bottom Line: A must-get if you are a Celine fan.