5.0 out of 5 stars I don't use the term "classic" very often, but..., Oct. 29 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Leaders Of The New School - Future Without A Past - CD (Audio CD)
The first thing that'll hit you while listening to this album is the uniqueness of the three rappers (Dinco D, Charlie Brown, and Busta Rhymes) in both lyrical content and delivery. Many of the songs have a real point to them (such as "Just When You Thought it was Safe" and "Teachers Don't Teach us Nonsense") but are still lots of fun. Then there's Cutmonitor Milo, who does some of the most creative sampling I've ever heard, on "What's the Pinocchio's Theory?" there are bagpipes and dialougue samples from Disney's "Pinocchio". Then there's "Sound of the Zeekers @#^**?!" the ultimate example of how strange and far sampling can go: There are 10 rappers in this song, you keep hearing things that sound like a chorus but are never repeated, and the music changes somehow with each rapper's part; maybe an extra sound, beat, or sample. This album is rap at some of it's best, and a must have for Busta Rhymes fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Material !!!!, Aug. 12 2003
Wayne Guthrie "Greezy" (Kingston, Jamaica a.k.a Yard) - See all my reviews
Classic timeless Hip Hop. An Essential acquisition for any true hip hop head/music fan.There isn't a single weak track on this album, all bangers that fit together perfectly to form an album that is greater than the sum of its parts(i.e. Yuh caaan skip nuh track). The production on this album by "The Leaders" and "The Bomb squad" is MindBlowinG and the three emcees from Strong island complement each other like thongs on big booties. I got this when it first came out and it still gets regular rotation to this day. I gotta say that the only thing better than L.O.N.S in your box is L.O.N.S on stage and since that ain't likely to happen any time soon I implore you to pick-up this gem from the Golden era of Hip Hop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cop this!, May 16 2003
Nathan Ross (Valparaiso, Indiana United States) - See all my reviews
This album is pure genius. I just picked it up last week and I've already concluded its one of the most enjoyable Hip Hop albums I have ever listened to. All the MCs are great, especially Charlie Brown and Dinco D. I don't know why I haven't heard more about those two. They're delivery and lyrics are nuts. Busta's solo stuff never interested me, but hes a great MC here aswell. The beats are also very creative. I've never heard anything quite like them. The album is very fun overall, although LONS has a number of morals to tell and things to comment on. Over all, I'd say this is hip hop at its best. This album is 5 stars for sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars you could tell busta was gonna blow up, Oct. 31 2003
Sherance M. Brothers (Jasper, Alabama United States) - See all my reviews
good tight old school rhymes about just having fun with old jazz fusion samples I miss being a kid hearing groups like this and a tribe called quest, jungle brothers, and organized konfusion but hey case of the pta was my favorite and scenerio was on fire.

5.0 out of 5 stars East Coast Stomp, Oct. 25 1998
By A Customer
This album expresses true Hip Hop to the fullest.every track. Speechless I dont even know what to say about it. Plus you get to hear Busta Rhymes when he had skills & wasn't just a mumblin mumblin yellin' jerk. dont sleep! pick up this Classic!