Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Home, Kitchen and Garden Gift Guide

Format: Audio CDChange

on June 21, 2004
An absolute hip hop classic. His cousin Cube should have been half this tight on his birthday! Del is more than likely, the most underrated rapper of all time. I would say Dres, but he enjoyed commercial success with Black Sheep.Are either of these two EVER on anyone's greatest rapper list?(I.E. magazines or TV shows)I was, however, disappointed with "Both sides of the brain", (Del's follow up). But then again, after "No need for alarm", there was no place to go but down.......Peace.
on March 22, 2004
I've listened to all of Del's cds and this one is the best (except for deltron 3030 but i dont consider that Del). The beats are full of deep bass and Dels flow is unbeatable. Definatly 5 star. If you liked this one also check out Hieroglyphics and all of their solo stuff.
on March 21, 2004
if you like this cd, then you should listen to hieroglyphics.
on February 6, 2004
I got this album back when it was first released, I was in high school at the time. Back then, most people had only heard Del's first full length release "I wish my brother George was here" popular for songs like "Mr Dobalina" and "Dr Bombay". What most people missed were the hidden gems included as B-sides to these songs when they were released as singles. Songs like "Burnt" and "Eye Examination" revealed a side of Del that strayed from the clowning funk style on the full length. Jazz samples took the place of funk and a much more advanced side of Del was breaking from his "I wish my brother..." mold. These B-sides paved the way for Del's "No Need for Alarm" Souls "93 til Infinity, and Casuals "Fear Itself". While all 3 of these albums are an important part of the Hieroglyphics collection, Del's "No Need for Alarm" is my favorite and still stands the test of time to this day.
Del's still going strong, Hieroglyphics rock on...
on July 29, 2003
I'm a big fan of Del's work. I've heard a large portion of his material, and this stands as one of my favorite albums of its genre. The reason for this, as well as why I rate this a 5 of 5, is because a decade after its release it still pushes boundaries that many top artists today have a difficult time reaching. No Need for Alarm is a one of a kind album concieved by a one of a kind musician that no hip hop fan should miss.
on June 14, 2003
I picked this CD up for a dollar at Half Price Books. Best buck I ever spent
on April 4, 2003
I'll be honest--I'm somewhat torn about "No Need for Alarm." Coming after his initial release ("I Wish My Brother George Was Here"), the album truly shines, as it is the first major studio release in which Del was free to pursue his own flow and style. When he's allowed to perform as he's capable, I can't think of another artist in the genre who can compare with Del's natural talents, and that performance is the strongest recommendation that I can give for the CD. Unfortunately, the subjects about which Del chose to rhyme on this collection are decidedly mundane and pedestrian, particularly in today's violence-infused market. While it's all well and good to go on about whack MCs, at this point it's just a little bit boring. That means that roughly half of this album is exceptionally redundant in subject matter, and it's not a subject that I'm particularly concerned with. There are breaks, of course (Wrongplace marks the first time I ever heard Del try to tell a story in his own flow, and it marks the beginning of his emergence as a great storyteller of hip hop), and the appearances made by the Hieroglyphics crew are excellent, but on the whole the unoriginality in theme leaves me somewhat unsatisfied. While I've found myself warming up to it more lately than I had before, I think that it still suffers when compared to classics like "Future Development." Great, and definitely worth buying, but if you could only have one Del CD, you can still do better.
on December 11, 2002
Del is one of the illest MCs to come along in years, however this is not anywhere near of what he is capable of producing. Of course Del comes with the lyrics, but as with so many other releases, the producton is what holds this album back. Deltron 3030 was such a great album because it perfectly blended Del's lyrics with equally great beats provided by the Automator. I would love to see another collaboration betweent these 2. I will continue to support Del and buy his music, and you should too, but this is not Del's best at all. I am yet to hear Del's latest release, hopefully it's up to his potential.
on July 13, 2002
I've this album since '99 and have been listened it almost every day. I can't put it out of my CD-Player, cuz its too nice too put it out. This album contains that, what a classic, fat hip-hopcd should have contain. The lyrics of Del are really good and funky and also the beats are jazzy and really nice. It's a pity, that i didnt find this album earlier. But i know now, that i'll buy all his other albums. My favourite tracks are no more worries, boo booheads, worldwide and catch a bad one. I suggest everybody to buy this album, cuz its classic and one of the hottest hip-hop albums ever. This one should be in every CD-collection.
on August 20, 2001
This album is tight. It has sick 93 til infinity beats and dels amazing flow and lyrics. A must get for any hiero head. Hes has some of the crew rhyme with him on one of the tracks. Hieroglyphics forever! peace